MB 2016, Aug.19-21: 7th Annual Manitoba Fiberglass and Vintage Camper Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2016, 07:58 AM   #1

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
2016, Aug.19-21: 7th Annual Manitoba Fiberglass and Vintage Camper Rally

Open to all Boler, Trillium, Surfside, Scamp, Ventura, Teardrops welcome as well, and any 25+ year old Vintage campers.

Dates: August 19 to 21, 2016

Location: St Malo Provincial Park; located 45 minutes South of Winnipeg and 45 minutes North of the Canada/USA border on Highway 59. This park has a nice beach area along with hiking and biking trails. There are modern washrooms and showers and the small town of St Malo is within one mile.

We will be using Bay 11 for electrical and Section F and G for Non-electrical again this year for the Rally. This is a popular park in Southern Manitoba so please make your reservations as early as possible so that some people will not be in other areas of the park like in other years.

Reservations at the Parks Website: Monday, April 4, 2016 @7AM ; link to reservations is http://prspub.gov.mb.ca/

If you plan to attend the event please reply to this thread to let us know how many are coming, year make and model of your camper and campsite number once you book your site.

A Rally Fee of $5.00 per Adult will be requested to help cover our expenses.

More info to follow as we get closer to the event.

Thank you from your hosts
Rick Mooyman rick.mooyman@shaw.ca
Roland Hoffman rolh@live.ca

GPS 49.317615 -96.929387
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #2

Name: Anita & Ken
Trailer: 1975 Boler, tow vehicle is 2007 Silverado
Manitoba
Happy New Year!!! Storgard and Smith families plan to attend ��
A Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #3

Registry
Hi there Happy New Year. Hard to look outside and think about camping already. But it is what gets me through the winter, knowing that camping season will 1 day be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Storgard View Post
Happy New Year!!! Storgard and Smith families plan to attend ��
Old 01-01-2016, 10:12 AM   #4

Name: D. Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Manitoba
Rick : Marlene & I will be attending this year. Last year for some reason you did not have us registered... probably I did not enter something properly. Boy was it hot last year. We had fun no matter what.
Jim
Jim Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:12 AM   #5

Name: Tom and Stephanie
Trailer: Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe
Wisconsin
I guess a 2016 Casita is not vintage enough, eh?
Tom Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:17 AM   #6

Registry
Your Casita is Fiberglass so it falls into the Fiberglass part of the rally.

You are more then welcome to join us. Actually anyone with an interest with any type of camper is invited to come camping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cantrell View Post
I guess a 2016 Casita is not vintage enough, eh?
Old 01-01-2016, 10:22 AM   #7

Registry
Hi there, glad to have you coming back, guess with all the emails I got I must have missed yours. Registered or not everyone is welcome. Ya it seems the last 2 years were very hot that weekend. I would rather undress to a point for hot then to have to dress for the cold. I live for summer and it is way too short in my opinion LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitoba Jim View Post
Rick : Marlene & I will be attending this year. Last year for some reason you did not have us registered... probably I did not enter something properly. Boy was it hot last year. We had fun no matter what.
Jim
Old 01-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #8

Name: D. Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Manitoba
Tom: Its FGRV and Vintage. There are some with some awesome vintage stick frames. Those of us with newer FGRVs are an inspiration to guests who are looking to see what is available in new RVs. They come expecting to see vintage Bolers and never realizing that FGRVs are still being made. It blows tem away.
Jim
Jim Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #9

Registry
I had a few guys with HUGH Motorhomes pop by my Boler and they could not believe I had a Queen size bed and a L shaped kitchen in a Boler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitoba Jim View Post
Tom: Its FGRV and Vintage. There are some with some awesome vintage stick frames. Those of us with newer FGRVs are an inspiration to guests who are looking to see what is available in new RVs. They come expecting to see vintage Bolers and never realizing that FGRVs are still being made. It blows tem away.
Jim
Old 01-01-2016, 12:22 PM   #10

Name: Barb
Trailer: currently shopping
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
Your Casita is Fiberglass so it falls into the Fiberglass part of the rally.

You are more then welcome to join us. Actually anyone with an interest with any type of camper is invited to come camping.
Everyone is so welcoming here. I love it. I am planning on going to the Newfoundland Trip with Norm and Ginny and don't know if I can go out west as well. I had planned to go to Quartsite with a friend in her U-Haul but it got hit by trees in a wind storm at Christmas and will not be repaired by then if it can be. I am in Tucson Jan to Mar but flying this year and staying with a friend. so hope to just pop over. Barb
Barb in Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #11

Registry
Hi Barb, sorry to hear about your friends U-Haul. Being Fiberglass and depending on how badly damaged it is I am sure with enough time and money it can be repaired. I have seen a few Bolers with roofs the got caved in come back from the dead. And there is a guy on this site that had his U-Haul rear ended that is doing a fantastic job of doing a custom rebuild with some real nice mods. It all depends on your skill level as to pay someone to do it for you would put it out of the cost vs buy new range.

Enjoy your trip and your search for your own camper.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb in Toronto View Post
Everyone is so welcoming here. I love it. I am planning on going to the Newfoundland Trip with Norm and Ginny and don't know if I can go out west as well. I had planned to go to Quartsite with a friend in her U-Haul but it got hit by trees in a wind storm at Christmas and will not be repaired by then if it can be. I am in Tucson Jan to Mar but flying this year and staying with a friend. so hope to just pop over. Barb
Old 01-02-2016, 09:09 AM   #12

Name: Jim
Trailer: ventura 1300
Ontario
Smile St Malo

Hi Rick,
Hoping to join you at St Malo again this year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.
JvR
jvrayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:03 PM   #13

Registry
Hi Jim thanks for the message, looking forward to seeing you again.

Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvrayner View Post
Hi Rick,
Hoping to join you at St Malo again this year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.
JvR
Old 01-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #14

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
Hi there Happy New Year. Hard to look outside and think about camping already. But it is what gets me through the winter, knowing that camping season will 1 day be here.
Just wait until you are retired Rick and thinking about camping year round! I just finished cleaning off the last snow storm from the trailer, starting to get it ready to leave hopefully two weeks tomorrow for NM and AZ. Also hope to join you again at St. Malo, hopefully for the full three days!

Happy New Year, Adrian

on Edit - wow I am full of HOPE today!
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:48 AM   #15

Registry
Hi Adrian, safe travels. I hear the weather in the southern USA is not the greatest this year. Enjoy your trip and hope to see you in August.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Just wait until you are retired Rick and thinking about camping year round! I just finished cleaning off the last snow storm from the trailer, starting to get it ready to leave hopefully two weeks tomorrow for NM and AZ. Also hope to join you again at St. Malo, hopefully for the full three days!

Happy New Year, Adrian

on Edit - wow I am full of HOPE today!
Old 01-13-2016, 12:02 PM   #16

Name: T&K
Trailer: Boler
Manitoba
I am considering submitting my article on Boler history to the Manitoba Historical Society. I have made a few revisions and additions to the article. I am just completing my last round of verifications for accuracy. I have heard from the Jim Pattison Group, Scamp and the Eveland family, Keri Latimer and Ian Giles. I am waiting to hear back from Joe Thoen (Trillium) (I spoke with him yesterday). I have emails out to the Olecko and Dusa families (I have communicated with them previously), awaiting reply. If anyone on this list would like to point out any specific correction(s) that are needed in the article, I would appreciate hearing from you at tom.mc@mymts.net. If you would like to re-post this to other forums dealing with fibreglass trailer history, specifically asking for any corrections or additions, it would be greatly appreciated. Because I am not good at uploading on this site, I will refer you to this version of the article: History of the Boler - Boler-Camping Thanks. Tom McMahon
rova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:52 AM   #17

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
We look forward to attending the rally in August.
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:56 AM   #18

Registry
Awesome Tom and Kelly, are you coming to the Rally in August?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rova View Post
I am considering submitting my article on Boler history to the Manitoba Historical Society. I have made a few revisions and additions to the article. I am just completing my last round of verifications for accuracy. I have heard from the Jim Pattison Group, Scamp and the Eveland family, Keri Latimer and Ian Giles. I am waiting to hear back from Joe Thoen (Trillium) (I spoke with him yesterday). I have emails out to the Olecko and Dusa families (I have communicated with them previously), awaiting reply. If anyone on this list would like to point out any specific correction(s) that are needed in the article, I would appreciate hearing from you at tom.mc@mymts.net. If you would like to re-post this to other forums dealing with fibreglass trailer history, specifically asking for any corrections or additions, it would be greatly appreciated. Because I am not good at uploading on this site, I will refer you to this version of the article: History of the Boler - Boler-Camping Thanks. Tom McMahon
Old 01-16-2016, 05:57 AM   #19

Registry
Awesome see you in August

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Mb View Post
We look forward to attending the rally in August.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:49 PM   #20

Name: Holly
Trailer: Triple E
Manitoba
7th Annual St. Meet

Hi! I'm sort of new here...I visited the rally two years ago, shortly after I bought my 1975 Triple E 1300. I moved to Saskatchewan thereafter, but am back in Winnipeg and excited to take part in this year's rally! It will be one for sure, perhaps two of us.

I will book a site on April 04, when reservations open, and get you the info...but do I need to do anything with you fine folks beforehand? I know there is a $5 registration fee...but is there anything else I need to know?

Clearly I am excited. CAMPING! VINTAGE TRAILERS!
Juniorbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, vin