IL 2016, Sept 30-Oct 2: Mississippi River Fiberglass Rally - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-26-2016, 07:06 PM   #29
Name: Paul
Trailer: Escape 19 ft (sold) Escape 21 May 2014
A member from one of the other forums is camping tonight at Scott County Park - Pine Grove Campground. Here is what he has to say:

"We arrived at Scott County Park for a one night preliminary visit before going to Des Moines to spend a couple days with my brother. Very well kept park, and fairly large. As Paul mentioned, Pine Grove is the electric only section, another has water and electric, and a third has all three. Ours is the most wooded with only two other campers plus the host. Big rigs were at the section with all three amenities. Pine Grove has a single water supply that is threaded for a hose but we have our own and you might want to bring your own water since there was a water quality notice at check-in. Price is $20 with a dollar less if age 62.
Good call to suggest this park. Don't forget to cancel Thomson Causeway at

Bill "

RedDog was also at the park this afternoon doing a scouting trip since he will be moving their tomorrow after Thomson Causeway closes. His comment was "this was one of the nicest county parks he has ever visited".

Paul Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:16 PM   #30
Name: Julie
Trailer: Hunter
Hello! My husband and I are planning to come this weekend with our Hunter. We've been to a couple other rallies but not this one yet. It sounds like fun! We're excited to meet everyone!

Julie & Dan

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

juliep1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:50 PM   #31
Name: Julie
Trailer: Hunter
For anyone driving in on Hwy 30 from the east...Scott Park Rd/Veterans Way/285th Ave just closed south of 30 for flooding. You have to take Hwy 61.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
juliep1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:11 PM   #32
Name: Steve
Trailer: Four wheel camper
Rally in IL.

Originally Posted by Paul Braun View Post
The Planned Activities for the rally have been published. If you did not receive an email with the agenda please send me a personal message with your email address and I will forward them to you.
Hi, I was planning to visit the rally on Saturday but saw that the camp ground has been closed from September 29-Oct 11. Did the rally get changed to another campground?
Steve M In IL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:51 PM   #33
See post #28 for the new rally site.

Sent from my XT1585 using Fiberglass RV mobile app

tash is offline   Reply With Quote