KS 2016, Sept 7-11: Kansas Eggstravaganza IX - plus pre-rally, Sept 5-6 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #15
Name: Stan
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull #63
We booked A39 this morning.

Stan and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #16
Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Kansas Eggstravaganza IX August update.

Kansas Eggstravaganza IX August update.

We are down to 33 trailers. Site 7 in A-Loop is available and one more site should open soon. There are 10 first come sites in A-loop. (For the 5 years we have been at Farnum Creek there have always been open first come sites.)

On Wednesday night we will have a Welcome Campfire, chat and Eckrich Smoked Sausage roast. Sausages, buns and condiments furnished. Please bring chips, beans or another side to share. The Smoked Sausage is provided courtesy Armour-Eckrich Meats,LLC. Junction City, KS.

As usual we will have Let's do lunch on Thursday. (Restaurant to be determined). In May I posted that we have gone to lunch at El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant for the last 4 years and ask if is it time to change or do you want to stay there this year? I could say that the vote was 2 to 1 to stay, but, I ONLY RECEIVED 3 RESPONSES. Places that can handle a large group timely are limited in Junction City. The one vote to move suggested a Chinese Buffet. The Family Buffet has both Chinese and American foods on its buffet lines. There is also another Mexican Restaurant and an Italian Restaurant that could handle the group. Joyce and I do not eat out often and it has been sometime since we have eaten at any of them so we cannot recommend any of them based on recent experience. Let me know what you prefer:

El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant ; Family Buffet ; Bella's Italian Restaurant ; LaFiesta Mexican Restaurant

Highway construction on US-77 through Junction City is ongoing. I had hopes that some sections would be completed by the time of the rally, but those hopes have faded. There are sections where no work seems to be in progress, but remember work zone speed limits are still in effect and are enforced (fines doubled).

If you are coming on I-70, I recommend that you avoid the construction zones. If coming from the West take the Milford Lake Road exit and drive North to the 2nd stop sign, turn right and you will meet US-77 at the traffic light. If you are coming from the East Take the Grandview Plaza exit, keep right then make a left onto Flint Hills Blvd which becomes 6th street in Junction City. Turn right on Jackson Street and follow it until you meet US-77 at the traffic light.

We will have the Pizza Party on Friday night (bring your own soft drinks, beer or wine) A donation will be collected to cover the cost of the pizza.

Tom McRae is offline   Reply With Quote