MI 2016, Sept 9-11: 5th Annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2016, 08:31 AM   #41

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Well, we can guarantee you will have the most Silver Clouds there this September.

Maybe we should just tow the VT behind the Silver Cloud.

CindyL
I may have to look for another Scamp I can borrow, just to balance out all the UHauls.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #42

Name: Rachel
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Wisconsin
We won't be able to attend the rally after all. I just cancelled site 42. Have fun everyone! Rachel & Steve

Moderator note - Aw, sorry that you will miss us, Rachel & Steve. Hope to see you at another rally! Happy Camping
Rachel P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:24 AM   #43

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Count

I just counted participants on the site list and came up with 35. Have we had that many before?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:15 PM   #44

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
I just counted participants on the site list and came up with 35. Have we had that many before?
Wow Bob, I've just updated to 37 campers now!! I'd have to research back into the archives of previous Algonac Glassics to see what the numbers were. But this is definitely one of the bigger ones!

5/25 update - we just added another one!!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #45

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
Hi Pam. Thanks for organizing this again.

We just booked site 84 for Fri and Sat nights. Lil Snoozy.

I live 3 miles N of the park along the river. If anyone has any questions about what's nearby don't hesitate to PM or email me wolfeboats at gmail
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #46

Name: Armel
Trailer: 2000 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Ontario
Just reserved site 42 (Sorry you could not come Rachel and Steve) we will be across from our friends with a brand new Casita .

Armel & Carol

CARAMEL CASITA
ARMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:51 AM   #47

Registry
We're going to have a little twist on our gift exchange.
Have you ever been mugged? .......No?
Well here's your chance...

Bring a mug, a stein, wine glass, drinking vessel vintage or new.
It can have a home town logo, funny phrase, be beautiful or butt ugly or just funky coolio...

We'll exchange them after Saturday night's pot luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Mug 1.jpg   mug 2.jpg  

Old 07-14-2016, 08:13 AM   #48

Registry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mich...acEggScramble/

If you area FB person,,, join up!
Old 07-25-2016, 05:41 PM   #49

Name: Randy and Dana
Trailer: 1979 wisp 13 ft
Michigan
dana and randy are in the 79 wisp space 123.
digbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:11 PM   #50

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Tom and Joanne will be there in site 129. Just moved back home after a 20 year hiatus in IL. Instead of a 390 mile one-way trip, we're looking at a 17 mile trip. I almost feel guilty Looking forward to seeing you all again!

TomK
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:53 AM   #51

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Hello Pam,
Mike, Sara and Tanner on # 120 Thursday - Sunday
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:23 PM   #52

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mszabo View Post
Hello Pam,
Mike, Sara and Tanner on # 120 Thursday - Sunday
Yay!! see you there!
Old 08-10-2016, 09:25 PM   #53

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
Tom and Joanne will be there in site 129. Just moved back home after a 20 year hiatus in IL. Instead of a 390 mile one-way trip, we're looking at a 17 mile trip. I almost feel guilty Looking forward to seeing you all again!

TomK

So much faster and less expensive !! We'll see you in less than a month!!
Old 08-11-2016, 05:10 AM   #54

Registry
Don't forget your drinking vessels, so we can all 'get mugged' after dinner Saturday night!
Bring one to trade after dinner (unwrapped).
I promise it wont take too long, we won't be drawing individual site numbers... just think of this as speed dating
(only at the end, you will actually have something that you WANT to take home with you hehehe!)
Attached Thumbnails
wineglassses.jpg   muggs.jpg  

Old 08-13-2016, 01:32 PM   #55

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
Sorry but I will not make it again this year. The first three weeks of September are busy ones for old Scouters like me and I have a reunion to attend in Nova Scotia. Thanks to Pam for spearheading this once again and I know you will all have a great time. Here's a challenge...... someone in attendance should write a poem about it.....
Scouter Dave
Old 08-13-2016, 02:17 PM   #56
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Although I have not booked a site yet I will be there for sure this year with the HC1 . We will also possibly have a new member friend of mine who just bought a new boler and is awaiting some test results and may have surgery around the same dates so we,ll see how that goes.Also not sure as of yet if Bryce will be there as he is in LA now but hopes to be back in time. So you can count one for sure and maybe up to four if everything lines up. We also expect a fg forum member from N Dakota and some others to visit and see the HC1. I'll post closer to the rally dates are final tally ,hope there ,ll be sites left.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:58 AM   #57

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Although I have not booked a site yet I will be there for sure this year with the HC1 . We will also possibly have a new member friend of mine who just bought a new boler and is awaiting some test results and may have surgery around the same dates so we,ll see how that goes.Also not sure as of yet if Bryce will be there as he is in LA now but hopes to be back in time. So you can count one for sure and maybe up to four if everything lines up. We also expect a fg forum member from N Dakota and some others to visit and see the HC1. I'll post closer to the rally dates are final tally ,hope there ,ll be sites left.
I'm sure there will be sites left, Mike, and sure am looking forward to that HC1 tour! Just post here or on the FB group site and we'll get you on the map.
Best of luck and a little prayer sent for your friend too
Old 08-14-2016, 10:41 AM   #58

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Ray and Francie will be on site 131.

Looking forward to our first Algonac rally! 😊

Ray

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:03 AM   #59

Registry
Dont forget to bring a mug! (or wine glass, or stein, or drinking vessel of some type, vintage or not, UNWRAPPED) For the saturday night 'Lets All Get Mugged at Algonac' trade off!!
Attached Thumbnails
il_fullxfull_769981972_fn33.jpg  
Old 09-02-2016, 05:13 AM   #60

Registry
AGENDA - ALGONAC GLASSIC EGG SCRAMBLE - SEPT 9-11
Back in 2012, a group of Michigan ‘Egg’ owners decided to have a camp out together. The first Algonac rally had approximately 20 campers, and the number of attendees has grown to just under 50 FG eggs this year. That’s amazing!
This rally is meant to be a relaxing weekend with loads of free time to explore the local towns, use the park’s hiking and bike trails, or just kick back with friends. The agenda is kept simple and unstructured for that purpose. I hope that you stroll around and say ‘hello’ to other egg owners. Bring along projects and questions, and feel free to brag about the modifications you’ve done! We all love to see new ideas and steal the great ones haha! Looking forward to seeing you all at Algonac!

Friday
Fri-day Free-Day. Do your own thing. Check out the surrounding towns (Marine City or better yet, St Clair and the riverfront boardwalk), hike or bike the trails, or just hang out at camp. No formal dinner is planned, just a meet & greet and music in the evening.

6-ish PM: Meet & Greet at the UHaul Welcome Wagon - Site 65 (my place). Stop by to introduce yourself. We have a nice mix of regulars and new members this year!
7PM (or thereabouts) on site 58 – We’ll have some fun Uke tunes with Charles Rose & The Strum Bums. Does anyone have a Uke or instrument to bring? We could create multi-string chaos

Saturday
The morning is wide open. Sleep in or go out to breakfast, or eat at your campsite, and enjoy the morning. I have a set of bocce balls as well as brand new lawn dice!

Saturday afternoon, there is no public ‘open house’ planned. However, I know that we all would love to see each other’s FG eggs - and in the case of the Cindy and Kevin Anderson, they have an ‘egg-carton’ (smile). And, the much anticipated HC1 wil be open for tours too!! So lets plan to take a few hours to wander around and view everyone’s camper in the afternoon between 1-4 ish. Please note that you do NOT need to take part, if you have other plans.
6:30pm Pot Luck Dinner. Same location that we used last year, which is in the proximity of site #60. We’ll shift some picnic tables over to give us a place for the food and fun.
- Bring a passing dish & serving utensil for it. Don’t worry about trying to feed the entire crowd, just bring a reasonable amount. There is always food left over.
- Everyone supplies their own chairs, plates, silverware, napkins, and drinks.
After Dinner Mug Trade Off. We’ll make room on the tables, and get Mugged!! Bring an unwrapped mug, beer stein, wine glass, insulated travel cup, tourist souvenir cup, etc - and we’ll do a ‘speed dating’ style of trade off. It will be fun.
Saturday night fires. I’ve developed a bit of a smoke allergy and need to keep the fire away from my campsite.  So I’m looking for several volunteers to host some fires. I know that we are all a friendly crew, and everyone is welcome to stop by whoever’s fireside. We’ll figure out the fire locations.

Sunday
Sit back and enjoy some early morning coffee before you pack, but be sure to stop by and say goodbye before you leave! Have a very safe trip home.