KY 2017, Aug.21: A Total 'Egg-clipse' of the Sun - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #1

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
2017, Aug.21: A Total 'Egg-clipse' of the Sun

Just found out about a total eclipse of the Sun on August 21, 2017. We already reserved our site at Energy Lake Campground in Land Between the Lakes, Kentucky for Sunday August 20 through Wednesday August 23. We are in loop A site 5 , so ask for loop A so we can all be together. We would love a group of friends to be here with us to watch the sun go out. Sites are already going quick and will be open to the public in two weeks. But if you call (270)924-2270 now and say you're with the egg group you can make your reservations. This will be an informal rally.
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:00 PM   #2

Name: Linda
Trailer: 2005 Bigfoot 25B21FB & 2006 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
Registry
Troy, Holly and I booked sites C4 and C9 as soon as you told us about the Eggclipse. We got the last 2 reservable sites at Energy Lake Campground.
LindaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #3

Name: Doris
Trailer: Casita
VA
We already booked a campsite in Hillman Ferry area T campsite 33

Jeweltea
Jeweltea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:19 PM   #4

Name: Anita
Trailer: Sharing one
Kentucky
Just wanted to let everyone know we have reserved the activity building located between loops A and C for Tuesday the 21st. We will be having potluck dinner in the activity building at 5:00 that evening. Bring a covered dish, drink and utensils and enjoy the fellowship after fumbling around in the dark with egg friends. We are looking forward to seeing everyone and sharing in this spectacular event and spending time together.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Anita G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:42 AM   #5

Name: Terri
Trailer: GMC Savana. I had a 2009 scamp. I had a van. In 2013 had a Scamp
Florida
Anita and Troy.
Let me know if you know anyone that is canceling. I'd love to join in on the excitement.
Terri and Priddy Girl.
kyrain5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:25 PM   #6

Kentucky
Terri and Priddy Girl
I will let you know at the first hit that somebody is going to cancel, but there's probably a waiting list a mile long in front of you. So if somebody cancels and just wants to contact you and work out some type of deal so you can go that would probably be the best way. I will let you know if somebody contact me about canceling. We would love to see you guys there.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:06 PM   #7

Name: Terri
Trailer: GMC Savana. I had a 2009 scamp. I had a van. In 2013 had a Scamp
Florida
Smile Egg-clipse

Thanks Troy. Talked to them yesterday. Said the best thing to do is call everyday. We shall see. Have a great weekend.
kyrain5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:13 PM   #8

Name: Anita
Trailer: Sharing one
Kentucky
I just wanted to let everyone know it looks like after helping to plan this rally that I will be missing most of it. My work is converting to a new program and I was asked to be on the team to test it and take it live. One of the weeks we are doing this falls during the first 2 days of the rally. It might be that we will finish up so that I can make it for the eclipse but I won't know until closer to then. Looks like you will be stuck with just Troy for a couple days, LOL.
Anita G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:28 PM   #9

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Registry
Troy, do you think it would be worth a shot to try a get a first come first served site during this event? How much early would you have to be there?
Skytalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #10

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytalker View Post
Troy, do you think it would be worth a shot to try a get a first come first served site during this event? How much early would you have to be there?
We're thinking you won't find a spot for a hundred miles that isn't already booked. You're best bet is if someone that has a site booked and isn't able to go lets you know directly. You might check with the campground for first come site availability, or see about getting a backwoods pass for a boondocking campsite if you're up for no electricity in August. We are unfamiliar with the area and how this event (the solar eclipse) will play out, but we do know it is drawing in thousands of people to the area. Sorry we don't have a better answer than that because we'd love to see you both there.

Troy and Anita
Old 07-29-2017, 01:35 PM   #11

Name: Gary
Trailer: Alto by Safari Condo
Illinois
Sorry for the late notice!

Troy & Anita,

Sorry we're late posting. We reserved site 11 in loop A last year while we were at Dennis Archer's Rally. We'll be there on Thursday, the 18th for 5 nights. Loretta Phillips will also be there. She has a site next to ours, but I don't know which one.

See you there!

Gary & Marsha McCray
GaryM is offline   Reply With Quote