WA 2017, June 2-4: Washington Gathering (WAG) Taidnapam - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-29-2016, 12:54 PM   #15

Name: Kim
Trailer: 2010 17Casita SD
Washington
Registry
While I appreciate the kind words, this gathering has been a group effort for quite some time now with a lot of help from a lot of folks. Roger has always been able to come up with ideas and activities and everyone has helped out with firewood, rain shelters and anything else we have needed. I sort of looked after it because I hated to see this gathering go away as it's the only one we have in Washington. While the Oregon NOG's are a ton of fun they are a little further away for some of us. I may have jumped the gun a little by bringing this gathering up so far in advance of the June date but it was on my mind so I figured why not. I found this 2014 slide show I did so if you want an idea of how it goes or how it went back then, take a look.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:55 AM   #16

Name: Lise
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Registry
Fun to see the video, looks like a great event!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 10-02-2016, 04:24 PM   #17

Name: Kathleen (Kai in Seattle)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973
Washington
Registry
We reserved site 222. Hope to meet you there!

PS--this IS the only WAG isn't it?

Kai in Seattle
Paul & Kathleen near Renton
Old 10-02-2016, 06:25 PM   #18

Name: Kim
Trailer: 2010 17Casita SD
Washington
Registry
Great. Yes, the only one........so far. It might be nice to think about a fall gathering as well and that's up for discussion.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:01 PM   #19

Washington
Registry
Paul and I would LOVE another WAG, possibly in the fall when the summer heat has shifted. Maybe not terribly far from Seattle.

Also, not conflicting with the early September Mt. Baker Vintage Trailer Rally in Lynden, which is a hoot that we hope to attend again.

Kai in Seattle
Old 10-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #20

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Paul and I would LOVE another WAG, possibly in the fall when the summer heat has shifted. Maybe not terribly far from Seattle.
Also, not conflicting with the early September Mt. Baker Vintage Trailer Rally in Lynden, which is a hoot that we hope to attend again.
Kai in Seattle
Sounds like you have the lead on this one Kai. Another "more local" event would probably find a following, since there are many F/G owners here in the Puget Sound area. Good project for you to spearhead.

And I just wanted to add that, although this is the only WA NOG, there is also another get-together that PaulW hosts each Spring at Maryhill near the Columbia River, (south of Yakima). I know that you already know about this one Kai, but I just mention it for any others who may not have heard of it. Due to the limited number of sites available at Maryhill, this get-together fills up very quickly.
2017, May 19-21: Maryhill in May
Greg
Old 10-03-2016, 12:50 PM   #21

Washington
Registry
Okay. I'd like to have a Puget Sound Gathering. Will do a bit of checking around and get on it.

Kai
Old 10-03-2016, 01:21 PM   #22

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Mary Hill means a lot of people have to fight the traffic jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Sounds like you have the lead on this one Kai. Another "more local" event would probably find a following, since there are many F/G owners here in the Puget Sound area. Good project for you to spearhead.

And I just wanted to add that, although this is the only WA NOG, there is also another get-together that PaulW hosts each Spring at Maryhill near the Columbia River, (south of Yakima). I know that you already know about this one Kai, but I just mention it for any others who may not have heard of it. Due to the limited number of sites available at Maryhill, this get-together fills up very quickly.
2017, May 19-21: Maryhill in May
Greg
: on I5 from Everette to Tacoma and unless you have never been in them of late have fun, because that is where most of the meet will be held.
Why not that big campground in the fall say right about now or maybe end of Sept. in Oak Harbour, WA one can drive there and I know most of you know the back roads to get there.
Or even Lynden after the Lynden meet is over? There must be a thousand places one can hold a nice FG meet in Washington before Seattle.
Stude
Old 10-03-2016, 01:34 PM   #23

Washington
Registry
Hi, Stude--I agree that later in September would be a good time. Not yet totally cold and rainy. We just spent some nights at the Pacific Beach State Park...late Sept. still a nice time of year even at the coast. The afternoon winds were a bit chilly.

You're meaning north of Seattle, right? I hear you about the traffic jams. Maryhill isn't close to Seattle. In mileage, it'd be about as near Seattle as Salem, Oregon.

Oak Harbor, eh? Will have a look.

Lynden after the rally...the Mt Baker Vintage Trailer club has to pay the fairgrounds for the use. It's worth a check, at least. But you could come to that vintage rally anyway, it's open to all. There were a number of "us" there, so why not just attend that if you can? There's electricity if you like, and water is available (not directly into your trailer, however), and there was MORE than enough room for way more trailers than they had...little shade, but by Sept. it wasn't too hot.

In fact, those of us in the FGRV world could "rally" in the back part of the fairgrounds if we liked and make our own part of that get-together! That's not the worst idea on earth...just circle our wagons as it were.

Will dig out a big map and begin the search.

Putting all ideas on the table for now. THANKS!

l
Old 10-03-2016, 06:28 PM   #24

British Columbia
I'm not sure they would want a rather large lumbering MH

Quote:
Hi, Stude--I agree that later in September would be a good time. Not yet totally cold and rainy. We just spent some nights at the Pacific Beach State Park...late Sept. still a nice time of year even at the coast. The afternoon winds were a bit chilly.

You're meaning north of Seattle, right? I hear you about the traffic jams. Maryhill isn't close to Seattle. In mileage, it'd be about as near Seattle as Salem, Oregon.

Lynden after the rally...the Mt Baker Vintage Trailer club has to pay the fairgrounds for the use. It's worth a check, at least. But you could come to that vintage rally anyway, it's open to all. There were a number of "us" there, so why not just attend that if you can? There's electricity if you like, and water is available (not directly into your trailer, however), and there was MORE than enough room for way more trailers than they had...little shade, but by Sept. it wasn't too hot.

In fact, those of us in the FGRV world could "rally" in the back part of the fairgrounds if we liked and make our own part of that get-together! That's not the worst idea on earth...just circle our wagons as it were.

l
: at the Lynden meet, though my friend was there with his 22' Argosy Trailer he just bought for cheap, I helped him figure it all out and where everything was as he is now in his mid 80's but has a rather youngish lady he keeps him in check.
Oak Harbour has a City campground and is in a nice location with the town right at your feet for doing something and lots of places in the area to do things at. I discovered the are due to a fellow we knew through Studebakers who worked on the Base on Whidbey Island. There is the Keystone Ferry campground and all kinds of other places in that general area. I would mention Port Townsend but you have to get just passed Tacoma and turn right to get to Bremerton area then turn right again and go north. What about Gig Harbour there must be a back door there and not have to take an expensive ferry ride. There was a time way back when we slept on the ground we travelled all through these places and fell in love with them as we only got 2 weeks holiday. Then there is around the base of Mount Baker with places. I know there are a lot of FGRV people who live in all these fantastic areas but I think they are afraid to tell the rest of us about how nice and uncrowded they are.
Stude
Old 10-03-2016, 08:17 PM   #25

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:

l
Deception Pass is the largest but also fills up fast. It may be an option in September. They also have a group camp. I don't remember the capacity.

Ebey State Park also has a group site that is up a nor row road but I took ac35' class A up there. Again, I don't remember the capacity.

I believe either group camp would mean boondocking.

Washington Park in Anacortes is a nice park as well.

1970 Trails West Campster
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Old 10-04-2016, 01:38 AM   #26

British Columbia
I so wanted to go to the Lynden show and I showed as u well know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
Deception Pass is the largest but also fills up fast. It may be an option in September. They also have a group camp. I don't remember the capacity.

Ebey State Park also has a group site that is up a nor row road but I took ac35' class A up there. Again, I don't remember the capacity.

I believe either group camp would mean boondocking.

Washington Park in Anacortes is a nice park as well.

1970 Trails West Campster
2008 Honda Ridgeline
: but I had a real tough time trying to stay upright, found some friends with seating in their Argosy Trailer and spent about 2 hours with them, so wobbly and loony from the Vertigo we left early and went home, I slept the whole way home.
Well be there next year with open arms maybe bring motor home in and camp for weekend maybe 2 days before and 2 days after just pay the camp fees as they have it all to hook up to.
Sure was a group of them there this year and a bunch of friends with their studebakers.
Stude
Old 10-04-2016, 05:07 PM   #27

Washington
Registry
Right now we're OK with no water or sewer hookups, but we sure do want the electricity. Not up to boondocking where or when the nights are apt to be below 65 degrees. Though we've boondocked by running an extension to someone else's rig--but someone would have to be willing and it's to run our ceramic heater--a fairly high draw.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:10 PM   #28

Washington
Registry
Group camp at Deception Pass has no electricity or other utilities. Boondocking. Or as some call it, dry camping. Otherwise the park sounds super.

A city park in Oak Harbor--that sounds interesting if it's not terribly crowded or expensive.