GA 2017, May 18-20: 2nd Annual Eggs on the Hiawassee River - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-04-2017, 09:57 PM   #81

Trailer: Trillium
Hello We will be there the 18th to the 22 we will be on site H5 I could not register on the calendar.We have a Casita 16. After several years with out a Fiberglass camper we are back. This will be our first rally. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
D Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:13 AM   #82

Name: Michelle
Trailer: Scamp
Georgia
See an Egg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
...BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FIBERGLASS RV - of any brand! There don't seem to be many on the roads in the Southeast?
I have studied manufacturers websites, forums, and numerous blogs, but have never laid eyes on a real Egg.
... but want So Much to come and see you and your rigs doing what you do - what I want to do!
Thanks!
GeorgiaGirl
GeorgiaGirl... depending on where in Georgia you live, there are "egg" owners willing to let you see theirs. I am willing although I only recently purchased mine (16' SCAMP; split kitchen and side bath, front couch/bunk) and am in process of fixing her up some. I am just west of Atlanta in the town of Dallas... if that is convenient to where you call home.

In the attached photos, the one with the table up is a picture of when I bought it. I have lowered the table and set up the bed "permanently". I have temporarily taken the storage box off the back until I can have the lights rewired so they work properly.

Michelle Apple
Attached Thumbnails
1981 scamp inside.jpg   1981 Scamp.jpg  

inside 11 feb 2017.jpg  
michelleapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:25 AM   #83

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleapple View Post
GeorgiaGirl... depending on where in Georgia you live, there are "egg" owners willing to let you see theirs. I am willing although I only recently purchased mine (16' SCAMP; split kitchen and side bath, front couch/bunk) and am in process of fixing her up some. I am just west of Atlanta in the town of Dallas... if that is convenient to where you call home.

In the attached photos, the one with the table up is a picture of when I bought it. I have lowered the table and set up the bed "permanently". I have temporarily taken the storage box off the back until I can have the lights rewired so they work properly.

Michelle Apple
I would like to see a photo of the back without the box on to see how it is supported.
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:58 AM   #84

Georgia
I do not have a picture of that (can take one tonight)... but the previous owner was really handy and welded a pair of heavy duty brackets onto the bumper that went completely under the box from the camper to the outside, back edge of the box. The box was bolted to those two brackets at both the front and back of the box. Wiring was run from the camper tail lights, through the box to additional, individual lights mounted in the box.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:20 AM   #85

Deep South
Update from Riverbend on availability:
They have blocked of the G section for us as all the other sections are now full.
G1 is booked, G2-G5 (4 pull throughs) are the only available sites left. These are close to the new bath house in the back of the campground and a short walk to the waterfall.

For the side dishes so far I have:
A-08 green bean casserole and a cake
B-24 pickled watermelon rind
K-04 paper plates and cups
Old 03-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #86

Georgia
brackets for holding box

It finally stopped raining long enough for me to get some photos of the brackets that hold the box, when it is bolted on.

The box bolts on the horizontal of the "loops" in all four corners of the box...while the box is nestled rather snugly in between the "loops" of the brackets.

M
Attached Thumbnails
outside bracket 1.jpg   outside bracket 2.jpg  

outside bracket 3.jpg  
Old 03-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #87

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleapple View Post
It finally stopped raining long enough for me to get some photos of the brackets that hold the box, when it is bolted on.

The box bolts on the horizontal of the "loops" in all four corners of the box...while the box is nestled rather snugly in between the "loops" of the brackets.

M
Thanks! Interesting, looks like re-purposed parts, I will have to check it out in May!
Old 03-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #88

Deep South
Okay, here is the updated rally roster (opens as a PDF)...

The G section filled up quickly, only 1 final site left in the entire campground unless someone cancels somewhere, all sections are full except for this one site...when it fills you can contact me by PM to be put on the waiting list if something becomes available (Riverbend will let me know and I will contact you on a first come first serve basis).

Also, I only have a few so far that have contacted me regarding t-shirts or with their side dish for the fish fry. Please PM me with either or both, if you are not coming in until Friday or don't want a t-shirt let me know that also please.

Thanks everyone.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2017 Rally Roster.pdf (188.5 KB, 47 views)
Old 03-16-2017, 05:21 PM   #89

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Put Connie and me in for a side of baked beans with spicy sausage.
She will let me know about a desert later.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #90

Deep South
Got you down JD thanks!
Old 03-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #91

Deep South
SORRY, NO VACANCY

Just got a call from "Susan" who got G-5 the last available site, so The Eggs on the Hiawassee River Rally is now officially booked solid...and wow, this is only our second year! We have 71 units in our group, and guessing most are a party of two I am estimating at least 100 people in the group's attendance.

If you want on a waiting list in the event there is a cancellation PM me with your name, phone #, and screen name. The list will be handled in a first come first serve fashion.

Here are the dishes signed up so far for the fish fry on Thursday night:
B-24 Sweet Pickled Water Melon Rind
C-05 A Dessert
G-05 Tossed Salad
H-04 Home Made Bread
K-03 Baked Beans with Spicy Sausage
K-04 Paper Plates & Cups

Okay now I'm hungry so I gotta find something to eat! Have a great weekend ya'll!
Old 03-17-2017, 06:49 PM   #92

Deep South
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: IF YOU ARE COMING TO THIS RALLY (and have a registered a site with Riverbend) AND you HAVE NOT RSVPed here (click on this link) AND your name is not on the most updated rally roster found in the thread discussion link above PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME (Johnny M) with your site #, full name, first names of others in your party, a good contact phone #, email address, and your RV's year/make & model. THANK YOU!

FYI: I just received an email from someone coming that I did not know was part of the rally. So now it is up to 72. There is a lot of the B section that is supposedly NOT part of our rally, so if you are not RSVPed with me please PM me so that I will know. Also, I have 23 on the roster that I don't have any information on other than a name and site number, if this is you please PM me also - I need more information for contact purposes, name tags, t-shirts, etc.

Also, I was asked so I want to make sure everyone understands that there is NO rally fees associated with this rally. You only pay the campground for your spot. We do ask that you bring a dish to the Fish Fry Thursday night if you attend (this is coordinated) and also the pot luck if you attend that (not coordinated). The sponsors are contributing goodies in exchange for the advertising/publicity associated with the rally event. We will be doing an Official Rally T-Shirt and if you want one you will have to buy that.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:43 PM   #93

Deep South
$10/night dry camping sites now available

Susie at Riverbend informed me last night that when all the regular hookups sites are full they allow dry camping (no electric/water/sewer hookups) in the rear of the campground in the extra parking area and also in the adjoining field along the river. Dry camping is $10 per night. You still have access to all the amenities of the campground but without hookups. There is a bathhouse in the K section that is reasonably close to the dry camping area. They have a dump station across from the office and they also have a honey wagon service that will come to you for a $5 fee.

Now that we are able to accommodate more than we initially thought for this years 2017 rally
this is likely going to become one of the largest rallies for molded fiberglass trailers centrally located in the southeastern part of the U.S. We already have 72 molded fiberglass trailers coming that we know of.

THE DATES FOR THE 2018 RALLY WILL BE THURSDAY MAY 31, FRIDAY JUNE 1 AND SATURDAY JUNE 2 (Sunday checkout). We had to change the dates as our son will be in school on the 3rd week of May. I hope this does not cause any inconvenience. Riverbend Campground has reserved/blocked all sites for our 2018 rally (excludes seasonal sites) so we have the whole campground.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:14 PM   #94

Name: June
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Georgia
Your Scamp looks great! Love the red, and it looks so comfy! I have actually been an Alabamian now for over 30 years, but am forever a Georgia Girl at heart. I read that there will be 72 fiberglass rigs at Hiawassee! I will be there! I've booked an AirBnB relatively nearby, and am counting the days. I grew up in Canton, and used to spend teenage summers working in the tourist business around Helen. It will be great fun to visit my old stompin' grounds and get to see so many Eggs! I'm ready to buy, if I just knew what I want. This trip will help me learn about the trailer and tow vehicle options.
See you there!
June
GeorgiaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #95

Name: Tom
Trailer: 2016 Casita Independence Deluxe
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny M View Post
RALLY UPDATE: I am now beginning to work on planning and contacting potential sponsors for the 2017 2nd Annual Eggs on the Hiawassee River.

Like last year spots will fill up fast, many have already registered their spots so if you would like to attend this awesome rally don't wait. Last year I posted to a lot of facebook groups to get the word out but that was closer to time for the rally, this year I will be posting this much earlier to facebook so I expect sites to fill up quicker and with more attendees.

Please when you RSVP include the year make and model of your camper this helps me with finding sponsors.

Also, this year I am working on finding vendors who can actually come participate with booths, presentations or seminars (like RV maintenance, care, etc).

We will be doing the fish fry again on Thursday night and the pot luck on Saturday. Friday again will be a day for everyone to socialize among themselves or to site see locally. Saturday we will be doing the open house again along with the Campers Choice Awards (this was a big hit), categories may change a little but it will be fun!

We also plan on doing t-shirts again but they will be a different color shirt this year, I will start taking shirt orders closer to time for the rally.

I will keep everyone posted as things progress.
John & Melissa
Rally Hosts
Tom and Marie Martin.. 2016 independence. I think we are on C2..
Tombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:42 AM   #96

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Freedom Deluxe Casita
Rally

Terry and Susan Littke
2015 ID Casita
Scotland Neck NC

We will be bringing Ambrosia Salad
Site A3
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:22 AM   #97

Deep South
Rally Update

Here is what I have so far for side dishes for the Thursday (5/18) night fish fry:

Site # Side Dish:

A-03 Ambrosia Salad
K-03 Baked Bean w/Sausage
A-32 Chessy Grits
A-31 Chocolate Trifle
A-27 Cilantro Cold Slaw
H-07 Cole slaw
C-05 Dessert
A-30 Deviled Eggs
H-04 Home made bread
K-04 Paper Plates & Cups
K-01 Pasta Salad
B-24 Sweet pickled watermelon rind
G-05 Tossed salad

PM me with your site # and what side dish you would like to bring and I will add you to the list. Also if you want to purchase a rally t-shirt please include that info and what size(s). I only have 12 so far.

Also, I have no information other than a name for these sites:
A-01
A-06
A-25
B-05
C-03
C-10
C-16
G-02
G-04
H-02
H-06
H-09
H-12
K-07
K-08
K-09
K-10

If you are in one of these sites please PM me with your site #, names of people in your party, year/make/model of your trailer, a good contact phone #, and email address (optional).

This information is needed and used specifically for the rally for things like printing name tags prior to the rally, rally t-shirts, emailing attendees with rally specific information prior to the rally, etc.

Your information will not be shared with sponsors or any other 3rd party. We do inform sponsors of the # of campers in attendance as shown below by year/make/model so they can see the benefit of their sponsorship but no other info is given out to them. Right now this is what we know is coming:
3 Bigfoots
2 Bolers
24 Casitas
1 Escape
1 Lil Snoozy
6 Olivers
2 Parkliners
13 Scamps
1 Trillium
3 U-Hauls
17 Unknowns
73 Units Total

I appreciate everyone's cooperation, thank you.
John (Johnny M)
Rally Host
Old 04-09-2017, 07:13 AM   #98

Name: Courtney
Trailer: 1982 13ft Scamp purchased on May 2nd
Georgia
Just talked to my dad on the phone about the rally. Excited!

My daughter's 10th birthday is that Thursday. What time is the fish fry? If we can get there in time, I'd like to bring a giant birthday cake. Think we can all sing her happy birthday under the pavilion?

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:31 AM   #99

Deep South
Rally update, here is the list I have so far for the Fish Fry on Thursday night:

Site# Side Dish
A-03 Ambrosia Salad
K-03 Baked Bean w/Sausage
F-02 baked beans
A-26 broccoli salad
A-32 Chessy Grits
A-31 Chocolate Trifle
A-27 Cilantro Cold Slaw
H-01 Cake with rally logo
H-07 cole slaw
C-05 dessert
A-30 Deviled Eggs
H-04 home made bread
A-01 Mashed new potatoes
C-16 oriental coleslaw
K-04 Paper Plates & Cups
K-01 Pasta Salad
B-24 sweet pickled watermelon rind
G-05 tossed salad

You can PM me or post here what you plan on bringing to the fish fry. If you are not a cook and need something to bring here are a few suggestions: sweet tea, plastic utensils, napkins, trash bags.

Right now I still have no information on these sites: A6, A25, B5, C3, C10, G2, G4, H2, H6, H9, K7, K8, K9, K10. If you are in one of these sites please message me with you name, phone, year/make model of camper.

Also I have request for 20 T-shirts at this time. If you want a rally t-shirt you need to let me know how many and what size. I will be putting together the order in the next week or so. The price will be based on the total number of shirts for the whole rally, i.e. the more shirts the lower the cost.

Here is the itinerary for the rally as of right now.
Thursday 18th:
12 noon check-in
2 pm meet & greet next to site A-08 near the office
6 pm Fish Fry at pavilion

Friday 19th:
10 am coffee time at pavilion
12 noon Scavenger Hunt led by John H. (H-33) starts at pavilion
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm sneak peak for Open House Tour

Saturday 20th:
10:00 am Open House Tour & Voting for Camper's Choice Awards
4:00 pm Ballot Deadline for Campers Choice Awards
6:00 pm Pot Luck
7:00 pm Campers Choice Awards & group photos
9:00 pm group camp fire

Sunday 21st
9:00 am See Ya Laters
12:00 noon checkout (don't forget to reserve your spot for 2018)
Old 04-10-2017, 08:35 AM   #100

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney View Post
Just talked to my dad on the phone about the rally. Excited!

My daughter's 10th birthday is that Thursday. What time is the fish fry? If we can get there in time, I'd like to bring a giant birthday cake. Think we can all sing her happy birthday under the pavilion?

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Courtney the fish fry is at 6pm on thursday, the cake would be great, I am sure everyone would be okay with that, I know Ryan will be he loves singing happy birthdays...also, Bill Jones is bringing a cake too with the rally logo on it.