GA 2017, May 18-20: 2nd Annual Eggs on the Hiawassee River - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #121

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Craig and I are so excited! We got the call today that there's a space available for us on B-24 for this rally. It's been ages since last fall that we were at a rally (I think the last was Niagara) so we're really keen on seeing folks.

We have a 214 21' Escape that we bought last year. Her name is Mis-Adventure and she has had many in the time we've owned her.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Now to read through the whole thread to find out everything we need to know.

Josie and Craig (and Her Majesty Miss Sky Diva Gypsy Dog)

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #122

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Last call for t-shirts!!!

Last call for t-shirts!!!! If you want to order an official Eggs on the Hiawassee Rally T-Shirt and have not already done so by either posting here, private messaging me on here or by calling me direct (six seven eight eight five nine seven zero seven five) you need to do so ASAP (like today) as we are getting the order ready. Last year we printed them in house but our shop is small and we don't have the space to do large shirt orders so I am using a wholesale supplier friend of mine. THIS MEANS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ORDER ONE AT THE RALLY AND HAVE IT SHIPPED LIKE LAST YEAR, IF YOU WANT ONE YOU NEED TO ORDER IT NOW.

The shirts will be a solid color shirt with the rally logo imprinted on the front. The imprint color will be determined by the shirt color. Sizes are unisex S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL, XXXXL, and will be 100% cotton. If you have a special request for a child/toddler we can most likely accommodate their size as well down to a 12T.

The final cost of the shirts will be determined by the total number of shirts ordered by the whole egg group, we anticipate the cost to be around $10 to $12 per shirt with XX and larger sizes being slightly higher. Please be prepared to pay for the shirts at the rally. Right now I have about 50 total. Once the order is place I will not be able to add any additional shirts to it. Below is what the rally logo looks like:
Attached Thumbnails
Eggs on the Hiawassee Rally T-Shirt Design 2017.jpg  
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:32 PM   #123

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
Count me in on the scavenger hunt too.
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:01 PM   #124

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Johnny M,
Please add Marilyn and I to the scavenger hunt. We are in site K-01.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:30 AM   #125

Deep South
Good morning all! Here is an update list of the dishes for the Thursday night Fish Fry, let me know if you have something to add.

Site Side Dish
A-01 Mashed new potatoes
A-02
A-03 Ambrosia Salad
A-04 marinated vegetable salad
A-05 Cookies
A-06
A-07 Plastic utensils
A-08
A-21 will bring something
A-22 Sweet Tea
A-23 Will bring something
A-25
A-26 broccoli salad
A-27 Cilantro Cold Slaw
A-28 will bring something
A-29
A-30 Deviled Eggs
A-31 Chocolate Trifle
A-32 Chessy Grits
A-33
B-02
B-03
B-04
B-05
B-06 Chips and dip
B10
B-24
C-01 Will bring something
C-02 tarter
C-03
C-04 will bring side dish
C-05 potato salad
C-06
C-07 potato salad
C-08 Sweet Potatoes
C-09
C-10
C-11 Not sure
C-12 birthday cake
C-13
C-14 Cucumber and Tomato Vinaigrette Salad
C-15
C-16 oriental coleslaw
C-17 utensils paper plates sweet & unsweet tea
DRY plastic utensils
DRY
F-01 will bring a dish
F-02 baked beans
F-03
G-01
G-02
G-03
G-04
G-05 sauces
H-01 cake (with rally logo)
H-02
H-03
H-04 home made bread
H-05
H-06
H-07 cole slaw
H-08
H-09
H-10
H-12
K-01 Pasta Salad
K-02 Fruit salad delight
K-03 Baked Bean w/Sausage
K-04 Paper Plates & Cups
K-05
K-06
K-07
K-08
K-09
K-10

Here is the rundown on what we have coming:
2 Bigfoots
2 Bolers
26 Casitas
1 Compact Jr.
2 Escapes
1 Lil Snoozy
7 Olivers
2 Parkliners
14 Scamps
1 Trillium
3 U-Hauls
13 Unknowns
74 Units Total

Also, if you read my previous post we are finalizing the T-shirts, last day to get your order in will be Monday 5/1. We will not be taking orders for them at the rally this year like we did last year, so if you want one order it now.

Thanks to everyone who has communicated with us on your site #, fish fry food, t-shirts, etc.

See you soon!
John (Johnny M)
Host
Old 04-29-2017, 07:07 AM   #126

Name: Mike
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Hiawassee River Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny M View Post
I do keep a list myself as the host, I post it closer to spring for coordinating the dishes for the fish fry

Sent from my XT1032 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Johnny,

Sorry we are new to this and I cannot find where I sign up for the dishes for the Fish Fry and the Potluck.

Thanks for your help.

Carol and Mike
Mike Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:40 AM   #127

Deep South
you can post it here or message me
Old 05-02-2017, 11:50 AM   #128

Deep South
Official Rally T-Shirts Preview

Here is a preview of what the official rally t-shirts will look like this year, I should have a final price on the shirts later today.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Eggs on the Hiawassee Rally Shirt.jpg  
Old 05-02-2017, 12:39 PM   #129

Name: Steve
Alabama
Arriving on the 17th at B33 moving to H3 on the 18th-21st. Someone had a last minute cancellation, thanks Johnny for calling. Fish Fry bringing Sweet and Unsweet tea and some ice. Unless someone else has volunteered tea? , 17' Casita, Clam and bicycle. Just Steve, this time, no Maria.
StevenMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:21 AM   #130

Trailer: Sold 2017 Casita SD
North Carolina
New Tires & Wheels

All
I have a brand new set of Goodyear Endurance ST205 /75 R15 107N D1 BSW tires mounted on white steel wheels I took off my new 2017 Casita SD I am going to sell. They have about 1000 miles on them from the trip to pick up my Casita in Texas. If anybody is interested I will bring them to the rally. Asking $200. Send me a PM if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3494[1].jpg   IMG_3497[1].jpg  

skyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #131

Name: Mike & Gerri
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite ll
Alabama
The shirts look good. Looking forward!!
Mike.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #132

Name: Barbara
North Carolina
My husband and are looking for a fiberglass camper. It would be wonderful if we could come to the open house rally to see all the different makes. Would it be possible for us to do this without camping at the campgrounds? We'd have to find some accommodations in the area. I think I saw someone else asked the same question but I didn't see a response. Thank you.
BarbaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:00 PM   #133

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraG View Post
My husband and are looking for a fiberglass camper. It would be wonderful if we could come to the open house rally to see all the different makes. Would it be possible for us to do this without camping at the campgrounds? We'd have to find some accommodations in the area. I think I saw someone else asked the same question but I didn't see a response. Thank you.
Yes you are more than welcome to come by. The best time is probably Saturday during the open house. Please sign in at site A-8 (host site) when you arrive.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:02 AM   #134

Name: Dean
Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraG View Post
Hi Barbara,

Please come by the rally. You and your hubby will have a blast. Just be careful, you will get the bug bad!!! Laura and I went to the LBL rally in the Fall, '15 and stayed in a cabin so we could attend the open house. If we liked these egg campers, our plan was going to be to buy one in three or four years. We bought our new to us Casita one month later! We love it.

Look forward to meeting you!

Take care,

Dean
Old 05-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #135

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Tennessee
Registry
Maynard, Jacquie and Daisy. Site A2
Bring Cole slaw for the fish fry.
Looking forward to the rally.
Skytalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:47 PM   #136
Commercial Member

Trailer: Winnebago
Larry and Cindy Clift will be on site# C13 and we will bring Rice Pilaf for the Fish Fry
Larry,C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:09 AM   #137

Name: Courtney
Trailer: 1982 13ft Scamp purchased on May 2nd
Georgia
Count us in for the scavenger hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #138

Deep South
Scavenger Hunt Update

Hi all, I was suppose to post this days ago for John H. but work and me being under the weather delayed this (more rally updates to follow):

From John H. organizer of the Scavenger Hunt:
The Geocaching/scavenger hunt will be on Friday starting at 12:00 noon and is open to all rally campers in attendance. The hunt will go like this: All people will start at the same time, same place and in case of a large turnout we may have multiple groups. The hunt will be in the confines of the campground and the locations are a campsite from our group or a public area, none of the locations will be non-rally goers sites. You will be given a series of questions with a latitude and longitude and an item to find at that location. Most all items will be visible from the road as not to be too intrusive on somebody’s campsite. I will hand out maps of the campground with the latitude and longitude and a question sheet. All questions will have a numbered answer and a few questions with yes and no answers. Yes = 1 and No = 2. You will total up all the numbers for a final number and mark on your sheet. Since everyone will start at the same time, the first person/couple back with the correct total number will be the winner and there may be a 2nd place also depending on turnout. Some of the questions may be technical, so ask someone or I will be glad to give hints of the answer.

This is an example question and freebee.
Ex: Lat 16.0º Long 8.25º Are the trailer tires nitrogen filled? 1 for Yes 2 for No
Hint: Nitrogen tires have a green cap on the valve stem.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:20 PM   #139

Deep South
Fish fry side dishes menu update

Here is the updated list I have for side dishes for the fish fry. Also, note I have several folks bringing utensils so someone may want to switch to something else, if you switch let me know so I can update the list (don't want everyone to change and not have any lol)...blank spots are folks that are either coming in on Friday or have not yet let us know if/what they are bringing. TBD means they are bringing something but have not yet decided what that is.

Site Side Dish
A-01 Mashed new potatoes
A-02
A-03 Ambrosia Salad
A-04 marinated vegetable salad
A-05 Cookies
A-06
A-07 Plastic wear
A-08
A-21 TBD
A-22 Sweet Tea
A-23 TBD
A-25
A-26 broccoli salad
A-27 Cilantro Cold Slaw
A-28 TBD
A-29
A-30 Deviled Eggs
A-31 Chocolate Trifle
A-32 Chessy Grits
A-33
B-01 soft drinks
B-02
B-03
B-04
B-05
B-06 Chips and dip
B10
B-24
B-25 cake
C-01 TBD
C-02 tarter sauce
C-03 TBD and firewood
C-04 TBD
C-05 potato salad
C-06 TBD
C-07 potato salad
C-08 Sweet Potatoes
C-09
C-10
C-11
C-12 birthday cake
C-13
C-14 Cucumber and Tomato Vinaigrette Salad
C-15
C-16 oriental coleslaw
C-17 utensils paper plates sweet & unsweet tea
DRY1 french fries
DRY2 plastic utensils
DRY3
DRY4
F-01 TBD
F-02 baked beans
F-03 dessert
G-01 cake
G-02
G-03 cole slaw
G-04 Drinks
G-05 sauces
H-01 cake (with rally logo)
H-02 dessert
H-03
H-04 home made bread
H-05 Pie
H-06
H-07 cole slaw
H-08
H-09 TBD
H-10
H-12
K-01 Pasta Salad
K-02 Fruit salad delight
K-03 Baked Bean w/Sausage
K-04 Paper Plates & Cups
K-05 plastic utensils
K-06
K-07 Bake bean
K-08 TBD
K-09 TBD
K-10
Old 05-15-2017, 01:39 PM   #140

Deep South
Rally schedule & updated info

Hi all, Thursday is closing in fast! We should be there no later than noon (hopefully before then). Please give us time to get setup then come on over to pickup t-shirts and to sign in with us. Please bring cash for your rally t-shirts.

ALSO DOES ANYONE HAVE A LARGE COFFEE MAKER THEY COULD BRING for use at the rally on Friday and Saturday morning? If so please contact me!

Here is the schedule for the rally:

Thursday May 18th

Noon - Rally registration at site A-8 pickup your official rally t-shirts (please bring cash) and receive official rally paperwork
1:00 PM - Meet & Greet Your Neighbor - common area across from office
6:00: PM - Rally Announcements at the Pavillion
6:10 PM - Fish Fry at the Pavillion
Dusk - Gather with your neighbors for a campfire!

Friday May 19th

8:00 - Coffee & Conversation at the Pavillion (bring a cup)
Noon Sharp - Geocaching/Scavenger Hunt starts at the Pavillion!
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM - Sneak Peak Tour/Open House - this year we are spreading the open house over 2 days since we have almost 80 units! Don't forget your ballots for voting on Campers Choice Awards

Saturday May 20th
8:00 - Coffee & Conversation at the Pavillion (bring a cup)
10 AM - Open House - continuation of Friday's Sneak Peak, Don't forget your ballots to vote for the Campers Choice Awards!
4:00 PM - Voting deadline for the Campers Choice Awards - your vote must be turned in at site A-8 or it won't count!
6:00 PM - Pot Luck at the Pavillion
7:00 PM - Campers Choice Awards Presentation

Food preparation
- you should plan on preparing any food for the fish fry or pot luck at your own site, there is a kitchen at the pavillion but it is limited on space and only 1 small stove/oven.

Oliver Trailers (one of our sponsors) will have a demo unit available in the gravel parking area behind the pavillion for anyone in the market for a fiberglass rv! Be sure to see Brent! There will be a table setup in the pavillion area with literature from our sponsors be sure to check that out also!

We have almost 80 campsites booked for this event!
2 Bigfoots, 2 Bolers, 32 Casitas, 1 Compact Jr, 4 Escapes, 1 Lil Snoozy, 7 Olivers, 2 Parkliners, 15 Scamps, 1 Trillium, 3 U-Hauls, 7 unknowns & 1 Tent!

Hopefully we will have some nice weather for the upcoming weekend! See you there!

John (Johnny M)
Rally Host