OR 2017, Oct 5-8: Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2017, 06:37 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
2017, Oct 5-8: Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering

Oct. 5-8, 2017 Silver Falls State Park (near Salem, Oregon)
IT'S TIME TO MAKE RESERVATIONS!
Click image for larger version

Name:	SilverFallsMap.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	102030
There are a TOTAL of 52 sites with electric and water at Silver Falls State Park. Two in B loop are ADA compliant. There are four yurts in B loop with trailer site parking attached. Two of those are ADA compliant. There are 10 electric and water sites in A loop at the far north end. (see attached map). If you want to attend Fall NOG, do not delay getting your reservations. To view photos of specific sites: Silver Falls State Park (Oregon) Campground - Photos, Information, and Reviews

You'll note this is a week earlier than the normal Fall NOG. That's because the first of October falls on a Sunday in 2017. We've typically held Fall NOG on the long weekend which coincides with Columbus Day and the Canadian Thanksgiving Holiday. Because of that, we'll do the same in 2017. Hopefully we'll get a bit warmer weather too! Remember Fort Stevens last year? Oh my, wonderful.

This should be a great time to visit Silver Falls State Park. Oregon's Premier State Park! Silver Falls State Park - Oregon State Parks and Recreation

You can either make reservations online at ReserveAmerica or 1-800-452-5687

Check out these sites for flower activities in the area: The Oregon Garden in Silverton, Oregon. Which also has "The Gordon House, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright."

I've chosen site B3 and as usual will keep a park map updated and a list of names going for those that have made reservations on the CasitaForum - 2017 Fall NOG.

So, post away, either here or there.

Donna D. (Portland, OR) 2014 Escape 5th Wheel - B3
Click image for larger version

Name:	SF_Map.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	102031
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #2

Name: Suvi
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Had so much fun at the Spring NOG once again that I might just brave the fall one.... seriously contemplating it, even with no power sites left (although let's face it - the only thing I need power for in the '68 Boler is to plug in my coffee in the morning without getting out of bed!)
sooveroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooveroo View Post
Had so much fun at the Spring NOG once again that I might just brave the fall one.... seriously contemplating it, even with no power sites left (although let's face it - the only thing I need power for in the '68 Boler is to plug in my coffee in the morning without getting out of bed!)
It was fun, wasn't it Suvi! If you can't make Fall NOG 2017, keep Spring NOG 2018 in mind. We'll be a couple of hours closer to you at L.L. Stub Stewart and you'll get electricity with your site. Gotta have that coffee
Old 05-03-2017, 07:12 AM   #4

British Columbia
I'll definitely be at the spring one!
Old 05-07-2017, 01:37 PM   #5

British Columbia
Well, Kathie talked me into it. I've booked A95 from October 4-8
Old 09-17-2017, 04:41 PM   #6

PLEASE READ.

We do not have a shelter reserved. Reservations for day use shelters ends on Sept. 30. The major issue is everyone would need to drive to the shelter(s) leaving the campground empty. You'd probably want to put "stuff" away. Ahhh no. So the Friday and Saturday food events are PLANNED to be held at my site B3. IF you have a folding table or EZ-up type shelter we can use, that would be greatly appreciated. IF THESE PLANS CHANGE DUE TO THE WEATHER, I'll post the information by NOON on Fri., Oct 6 at my site.

I will post the weather forecast for Oct. 4-8 before I leave Wed. (10/4) morning. Look at the BOTTOM of THIS POST. Plan for for any kind of weather. Over the years we've seen it all!

THE Schedule of Events such as it is...
Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish. Sleep in, hike the falls, go to town, play cards, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most folks have an informal open house.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG. I have a few items for the give away. If you have something you'd like to bring to give away Saturday night, that would be great. Anything trailer and/or camping is encouraged. You must be wearing a name tag to win! I'd really like to see everyone wear a name tag all weekend. I'm meeting some of you for the first time. Help me to remember your name, please.

FRIDAY NIGHT NO-HOST DINNER-ON-A-STICK: You will want to bring a chair. This is not a potluck, bring everything you need, including your roasting stick. Fire will be roaring, come by anytime after 5PM.

The fun/funny stuff:
CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
6PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT

This is an "opener" event.
Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please join us. Beer/food is secondary to the good times we'll have around the fire.

SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK: Serving of food will start SHARPLY at 5pm. Come a few minutes early to get your food on the table before serving starts. Bring an appetizer, entrée, salad or dessert to share that feeds 6-10 people and your table service.

Always plan to bring a chair.

Please, no pets at any of the food events.

Hope this helps with some questions. Post if not, we'll get the question answered.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #7

Name: Justin
Trailer: Seriously looking
OR
Apologies for a post from a NOG newbie. I'm writing about etiquette regarding the upcoming gathering from October 5-8 at Silver Falls S.P. in Oregon.

My family and I are *very* interested in finding a small used fiberglass camper and starting to camp and attend events like the one described here. It is, however, rather...challenging...to find local ones to look at in order to think more specifically about our wants and needs. We're willing to drive across the state or across several states to pick up our dream set of curved fiberglass, but it's not very practical to do so just to scope out our decision, especially with kiddos...

So, um, we don't have a camper, but we do have a tent campsite at Silver Falls S.P. during this gathering. You can think of us as fiberglass RV groupies or wannabees. I / we hope it's okay for us to just come up and say hi to fiberglass RV campers and ask about what they like (or don't like) about their particular trailer? Our 3.5 year old will be so excited to see all these campers--he's talking about it already...

If you have specific recommendations or happen to know of a used fiberglass RV for sale nearby (preferably on the smaller end of the spectrum), please don't hesitate to send me a private message. I'd also be happy to share our campsite details if appropriate, but I'm not sure about the protocol there either...
justinwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinwink View Post
Apologies for a post from a NOG newbie. I'm writing about etiquette regarding the upcoming gathering from October 5-8 at Silver Falls S.P. in Oregon.
Justin, you and the family are MORE than welcome to join us. All-molded-towables bring us together, but it's ALL about the people. There's a playground right behind my site, your child may enjoy too. Please send me a PM with your site number, domicle city and your wife's name. I don't put children's names on the list.

Glad you'll join us.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #9

Trailer: 1974 Compact II
Send a message via AIM to Chuck H
Unhappy Cancellation

Sorry to say We had to cancel our reservation for the Fall Nog site 4 Loop B Oct 5 thru the 8th.
Chuck H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:43 PM   #10

Name: Mark
Trailer: 2005 17' Casita LD
Oregon
Does anyone have a site that they are not going to use?

Hi,

We are on the cusp off buying a Casita 17 and are interested in joining the 2017 NOG. It would be fun to make the NOG our first trip!

Thanks,
Mark and Marge,
Casita 17 LD?
MlDierbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MlDierbeck View Post
Hi,

We are on the cusp off buying a Casita 17 and are interested in joining the 2017 NOG. It would be fun to make the NOG our first trip!

Thanks,
Mark and Marge,
Casita 17 LD?
HI! I know of two tent sites that are ready to be cancelled. Plenty long for a 17' Casita and tow vehicle. Neither have services, one is close proximity to the restrooms/showers in B loop.

IF you're interested in one of these sites, send me a PM and I'll send you the current site holder's contact information.

BTW: we currently have 8 sites reserved in A loop tent sites, so it's not like you'd be alone dry camping.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:01 AM   #12

Name: Carla Jean
Trailer: 2016 Escape 21’
Washington
We will be habitating site 92, tent site. Looking for full hookups. Looking forward to it again this year!
Travelrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:26 PM   #13

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Here's a great article on things to do in and around Silverton:
20 reasons to love Silverton, city of the falls | OregonLive.com

Looking foward to a great campout, safe travels everyone, see you soon!

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:36 PM   #14

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
Here's a great article on things to do in and around Silverton:
20 reasons to love Silverton, city of the falls | OregonLive.com

Looking foward to a great campout, safe travels everyone, see you soon!

Really regretting saying yes to catering this wedding on Saturday! Next year! And I'll see you all at LL Stubb in April!
Old 10-03-2017, 01:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooveroo View Post
Really regretting saying yes to catering this wedding on Saturday! Next year! And I'll see you all at LL Stubb in April!
We'll miss you too Suvi. Doncha hate it when two things conflict!

Safe travels, always
Old 10-04-2017, 06:22 AM   #16

As promised, here's the extended forecast for Silver Falls State Park. Wooohoooo looks fantastic. Safe travels everyone, see you soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Weather.JPG  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:13 PM   #17

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
For those interested, I have a page of photos from the 2017 Northern Oregon Gathering Rally.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:12 AM   #18

I'm home! Left the park just before 1pm yesterday.. before they kicked me out of my site had a wonderful, wonderful time. Pretty decent weather too considering it IS fall in Oregon. We could hardly expect better.

Thanks to those that provided pop-ups and folding tables for the potluck. It would NOT have been as successful without your help and kindness. Fortunately the weather changed at the last minute for the better and everyone and everything was dry. Dry enough for a roaring fire!

Jon, thanks too for all the pictures. That's one thing I never take time to do. Even if I always have a digital camera and my iphone, I spend my time walking and visiting with the people.

Until next time, everyone safe, safe travels!
Old 10-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #19

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Where did you decide to go next fall?
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:07 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
Where did you decide to go next fall?
South Beach State Park. It's just a few miles south of Newport, OR