CA 2017 October 19-23 Lake Casitas Fiberglass Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2016, 03:34 PM   #1

Name: Paula
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2015 18.5
California
Registry
2017 October 19-23 Lake Casitas Fiberglass Rally

Mark your 2017 calendars NOW!

This year's Rally at beautiful Lake Casitas in Ojai California will be October 19-23rd, 2017

As soon as I know when we can make reservations for camping, I'll let you know here, on this forum.

Looking forward to another great weekend with you all!

Paula & all our great Volunteers
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:09 PM   #2

California
Registry
2017 Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas Ca Oct 19-23

Hi 2017 Rally Friends,

About 7 months and counting till our Fiberglass Rally in the beautiful Ojai Valley at Lake Casitas, CA.

Our Rally will be in the BASS section like last year and we did fill up so please call or go online to get the space you like. Online is a map of BASS for you to choose your site number.

The Lake Casitas reservation office is open from 8am-3pm Monday-Friday and closed on Saturdays and Sunday. Call M-F 805.649.1122 or online @

www.reservations.casitaswater.org

Reservations are made exactly 6 months (180 days) in advance.

This web site will calculate a date minus 180 days (Lake Casita's Required 180 day reservation policy). MARK YOUR CALENDAR, The magic day is April 22, 2017 for reserving Oct 19-23, 2017. Since this date is a Saturday an online reservation will need to be made.

AND NOW THE LATEST:
I'm back! We had a spectacular tour of our beautiful country and I'll share with you when I see you at the October Rally.

Our Rally is made by you. Let me know how you'd like to share your skills at this upcoming event. All ideas are welcomed and put on the itinerary for everyone to enjoy.

Don't we love our Welcoming committee, "Tips & Tricks" & Talking Stick? Of course we'll have 2 days of Open House of Rigs & Swap Meets, Friday night hot dog potluck, Saturday Ice Cream Social potluck & Saturday Dinner potluck. Music was a hit and we hope those that are musically gifted will share with us.

We look forward to hearing from you.

After you reserve your space please email or do a PM with the following information to Paula and/or Jim:

First and last name of each person in your party
email address
city, state
year, make, model, length of your RV
phone(s)
date arriving
date departing
Old 06-02-2017, 08:33 PM   #3

Name: Bill
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0ta
California
Paula, I am unable to send a PM ... not enough posts. Please contact me, Bill
coolcampingkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:28 AM   #4

Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ft
Paula, Tao and I have a change in plans and are interested in taking a cancellation, if there is one.
Bonnie Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:03 PM   #5

California
Registry
Hi Bonnie and Tao
Please contact the park and ask if they can release one of these sites for you just for this weekend. I did a little research and found they have blocked out these sites for 3 months....probably for snowbirds. they start with Bass 52 through about 59.
All the best
Paula
Old 08-28-2017, 11:53 AM   #6

Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ft
Smile New Reservation!

Site 27 was open and we took it, even though it has no hookups. The trailer can get through the weekend without TV, water and sewage...but I'm not sure Tao can do without College Football so we'll switch if something comes open. Charge for swtiching is $5.
Bonnie Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #7

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
TRAILER WEIGHING

Robert and I will be in site B45. We are arriving Thursday afternoon/evening October 19.

Beginning on Friday the 20th, I will once again weigh your trailer at this and any future rally that we attend. I have purchased my own set of 2 wheel weigher scales.

I have not worked out the logistics for this rally yet. In the past I have come to your site to weigh the trailer there. It requires you to be hitched up to pull the trailer up onto the scale pads.

I will inform you further about the procedure when Paula sends out future notices.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:12 PM   #8

California
Registry
trailer weighing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
Robert and I will be in site B45. We are arriving Thursday afternoon/evening October 19.

Beginning on Friday the 20th, I will once again weigh your trailer at this and any future rally that we attend. I have purchased my own set of 2 wheel weigher scales.

I have not worked out the logistics for this rally yet. In the past I have come to your site to weigh the trailer there. It requires you to be hitched up to pull the trailer up onto the scale pads.

I will inform you further about the procedure when Paula sends out future notices.
Looking forward to finding out the weight I'm pulling in my Casita!
Thanks so much Frederick for doing this for us!
Paula
Old 09-17-2017, 07:58 PM   #9

Name: Dean
Trailer: Compact Jr.
California
I reserved a site a while back for this rally and am looking forward to it. Being a newby I'm curious about what it's like ... (it would be great to hear from some veteran attendees too) Is there a vintage vibe? Any comments to shed more light on it would be appreciated. Thanks! Dean (1972 Compact Jr.)
ds_sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #10

California
Registry
archives

Hi Dean
Take a look at the archives of events. Sorry i'm not sure where it is at this site but if you do a search it should come up. this is where folks comment after a rally and how it went.
I will be posting our itinerary shortly, like in a few weeks. I'm waiting for those that are doing events to send me their write up for that event so it can be in the itinerary.
In my write up of 3.26.17 I mention some of the events that will take place. We now have Frederick with his scales....he weighs our rigs!! So it's a busy weekend.
As for vintage, you and De might be head and head. You'll have to check out her rig. That's the fun of the Open House hours on Friday and Saturday.
See you soon
Paula
Old 09-18-2017, 07:10 PM   #11

California
Registry
2017 Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas

Here is our latest list of those attending our upcoming Fiberglass Rally. If you're attending and don't see your name below, please contact me. I'll have a lot of good info to send everyone before the party begins!

Thanks
Paula

Chuck and Betty
Doug and Mary
Wolf and Martha
John and Nancy
Vince and Gretchen
Bill and Gisela
Cliff and Betty
Chris and Clete
Ray
Dean and Shana
Mark
Mike and Shari
Lisa and Julie
Ann and Greg
Paula
Bill and Laurie
Kristen, George and Vivienne
Jim
Reed and Karen
Tony and Terry
Bonnie and Tao
De
Sandy
Ron and Lily
Sonny and Barbara
Bob and Jackie
Howard and Kim
Sandy
Frederick and Robert
Alan and Jeannie
Douglas and Nancy
Jim
Jeff and Liz
Barbara & Frank
Old 09-24-2017, 06:35 PM   #12

California
Registry
Let's add one more family to our Rally!
Don & Peggy
Old 09-24-2017, 06:47 PM   #13

California
Registry
Frederick is back with Weighing Scales! Yes he's purchased his very own set and will be weighing rigs at this years Rally!
Friday @ 9am you must sign in with Frederick in site B45.
1st and foremost you MUST email me before the Rally (PM or if you have my email send it to me there) with your intention to have your rig weighed.
Frederick needs a count of how many folks are interested so he can schedule you between the hours of 9am and 3pm Friday ONLY. At 9am Friday he will give you instructions of how to prepare and what to do to weigh your rig. These verbal and printed instructions are a must have to weigh!!!!!! 9am site B45! Many thanks to Frederick for this most valuable service!
Old 09-26-2017, 02:26 PM   #14

California
Registry
Add to our list of those attending:

Don & Peggy
Jim & Judy
Bill & Karen
Old 09-27-2017, 09:54 AM   #15

Name: Cliff
Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
California
B-9 Available for 5 Nights

Change in date for minor surgery forces us to miss this year. If you are interested in taking over our reservation, checking in Oct 17, checking out Oct 22, please send a PM to Cliff.

Cliff and Betty
jmthkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:49 PM   #16

Name: Patricia
Trailer: ECO & Casita
California
Registry
Space B51. 74 ECO.
Pat Stipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #17

California
Registry
What to bring

Just got back from Lake Casitas a week ago. late night check in is not a problem, the entrance gates are manned 24/7. However, I could not read the site numbers from the road in the dark. The numbers are posted on the power box, about 20’ from the road.

The site I was at was fine powdered dirt. I forgot to pack an entrance rug. You at least need to bring one for near the door, and if you want to sit outside, a larger rug for under your chairs.

There was no sewer connection. Dump site is probably 1/4 mile away, so bring something to hold your gray water that is easy for you to dump.

There are flush toilets in the bass section, but showers are near the entrance. Bring your walking shoes.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:13 AM   #18

California
Registry
Won’t let me pm Paula, too new.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #19

California
Registry
Lake Casitas rally

Hi Pat
I got your message and PM'd you.
Please respond.
Thanks
Paula
Old 10-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #20

California
Registry
Lake Casitas rally

A few great spots have become available and if you're interested don't wait! Call the Lake NOW!
B9, B50 have hookups
B24, B25, B37 I believe are dry camping.
If you get any of these please let me know since I will be sending you more info via your email.
Thanks and see you soon
Paula

Tags
casita, rally