WA 2017, Sept.6-10: Mt. Baker Vintage Trailer Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2017, 12:57 PM   #1

Name: Chester
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
2017, Sept.6-10: Mt. Baker Vintage Trailer Rally

Is anybody in the PNW planning on attending this years annual Mt. Baker Vintage Trailer Rally in Lynden WA?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/650646165103381/
chetandren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #2

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Absolutely. Paul, Kathleen, Nimble and Cinder. In Peanut, the 1973 amerigo.

Not sure what day we'll get there, certainly by Friday, maybe earlier. We're thinking of going up to Canada first for a few days. Been watching Border Crossing and can't wait to be sidelined at the border and strip searched! 8)

YOU going?
There were a number of fiberglass trailers there last year...and LOTS of room.

BEST
Kai
Old 01-16-2017, 12:16 PM   #3

Name: Chester
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
In the past we have gone to this event during the open house (Saturday) as spectators. This year we plan on attending Thursday thru Saturday with our Bigfoot. I did noticed last year that there were more fiberglass trailers than in the previous years. We'll look forward to meeting y'all in Lynden

Chet and Karen and Trixie
chetandren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #4

Registry
Great! See you there!

BEST
Kai
Old 01-16-2017, 12:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
We have it on our calendar too. We went up on Saturday last year and it looked like fun. We may interrupt for a part of Satuday to make a trip back to Oak Harbor to support a half marathon.

We are not sure yet which nights we will be there.

1970 Trails West Campster
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #6

Registry
Dave Fish--Good! See you there!

BEST
Kai
Old 01-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #7

Name: Tinc
Trailer: In the market
Washington
Mt Baker Rally 2017

We'll be there starting Tuesday the 5th and stay all week.
Tincanpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #8

Registry
Tinc--wow! We'll all have a mini-gathering present! How cool is that?

We'll see about putting an FGRV sign on Peanut ...if anyone thinks that's a good idea...?

BEST
Kai
Old 01-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #9

I think its a great idea. Maybe we can coordinate and get a group of us parked together. As I recall, the parking is first come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Old 01-17-2017, 10:43 PM   #10

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
We attended last year's event and had a blast. I hope we can go this year too. A couple of things to keep in mind:

Yes, it's first come, first served as far as parking spaces go and it's "field camping" so you don't get a parking pad with hookups or that sort of thing. Although there are plenty of electrical hook-ups available, you do have to share with others and get creative about accessing them.

Newer trailers are welcome, but the organizers request that those with non-vintage trailers and RVs park off to the side so they can keep all the truly vintage rigs grouped together.

There were quite a few FG trailers there last year. I think the total count for all rigs (not just the FG ones) was something like 194.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #11

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
I'll put this rally on my calendar as well. Heck, I live in Bellingham!
Sounds like we can get electricity and water some way, so that's a good thing.
Is 1974 vintage enough?

See you there!

Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #12

Registry
francene, Bellingham! Yes, super good!

Electricity is available (usually with your extension cord) all over the fields.
Water you have to schlep. No water hook-ups. No septic and as far as I know, no dump station but they do have dumpsters. Bathrooms with showers available but not all of them are open then.

As for age of your trailer, 74 would be vintage enough--we're 73 but inside is NOT vintage. We parked away from the herd.

As far as I know, no fires--but riding a bicycle off the top of your car hood IS allowed. Apparently.

They also allowed you to set up a table and sell "garage sale" items, touted as some kind of trailer items sale but there were all kinds of things, sets of china dishes, you name it. No one seemed to mind.

Also a raffle--last year someone in a Biggar FGRV won a stainless steel cooler filled with booze.

There are group meals and singing--we had the dogs so didn't participate.
This should be fun!

BEST
Kai--
Old 02-21-2017, 11:42 PM   #13

Registry
Sounds good, Kai. Should be an interesting gathering.

Thanks also to Chester for posting the event.

Francene
Old 02-25-2017, 06:11 AM   #14

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Is this a private gathering?

For those who don't have FaceBook accounts and would like to attend, what campground is this rally held in?
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:38 AM   #15

Registry
Here is the info from facebook:

Washington State's Largest Annual Vintage Trailer Rally held every year the weekend after Labor Day at the NW Washington Fairgrounds in Lynden, WA. The official rally is Sept 7-10, 2017 but you can arrive as early as the 5th. This is field camping with no assigned spots. You pay and register upon arrival. (Cash, check or credit card) Showers, restrooms and a rv dump station are on site. Power and water is abundant and available for most everyone with extension cords and water splitters. Cost is: $25 per night and one time rally fee of $15. (Add 3% for credit card payments). All are welcome to attend. Those trailers that aren't Vintage or "in The Spirit of Vintage" will just be asked to park in a designated section along the perimeter.

Fran
Old 02-25-2017, 12:33 PM   #16

Registry
Hi, Hidalga, this is not a private gathering at all. It's at the Fairgrounds in Lynden, Washington, and is rented for the week by the Mount Baker Vintage Trailer Club where over a hundred trailer owners show off their often gorgeous restorations of vintage trailers. Eras are 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s...

ALL are welcome to attend, and so far they've never run out of camping room. They try to put the more vintage items up front closer to the main entrance, but there are lovely areas out back to camp as well. They charged $25 a night last year plus a $15 registration fee. Electricity is pretty much included (electric pillars are located on the fields...depending on how far from one you park, you may need an extension cord to reach your nearest pillar). Also included are trash receptacles and several restrooms with shower stalls. We were there early enough (Thursday) that they literally delivered a picnic table to our site and set it where we wanted it.

Anyone and everyone is welcome. If you just want to walk around and not camp, I suppose you could do so for free, but don't quote me on t hat.

BEST
Kai
Old 02-25-2017, 03:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Hi, Hidalga, this is not a private gathering at all. It's at the Fairgrounds in Lynden, Washington, and is rented for the week by the Mount Baker Vintage Trailer Club where over a hundred trailer owners show off their often gorgeous restorations of vintage trailers. Eras are 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s...

ALL are welcome to attend, and so far they've never run out of camping room. They try to put the more vintage items up front closer to the main entrance, but there are lovely areas out back to camp as well. They charged $25 a night last year plus a $15 registration fee. Electricity is pretty much included (electric pillars are located on the fields...depending on how far from one you park, you may need an extension cord to reach your nearest pillar). Also included are trash receptacles and several restrooms with shower stalls. We were there early enough (Thursday) that they literally delivered a picnic table to our site and set it where we wanted it.

Anyone and everyone is welcome. If you just want to walk around and not camp, I suppose you could do so for free, but don't quote me on t hat.

BEST
Kai
We went up last year on Saturday just to check it out. There was no charge for looky lous. We plan on taking the Campster up this year, at least for a couple of nights.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:00 AM   #18

Name: kevin
Trailer: Miti-Lite
Washington
I was surprised. There were many really cool fiberglass campers last year and not just the standard eggs, but a number of those as well.
It was really cool. I'm stoked to see what/who comes out this year.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:14 PM   #19

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Hi Kai, I have the Biggar and won the cooler last year [emoji898][emoji482][emoji485]filled with beer and wine.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:17 AM   #20

Registry
Hi, Marina, That's right, you have the Biggar (which we didn't get to see...) and we were so pleased one of the FG folks won the stainless cooler!

Dave Fish, Great to have met you at Taidnapam with Karen and Sonja and looking forward to seeing you at Lynden if we all make it there!

BEST
Kai

Tags
rally, vin