OR 2018, Apr. 26-29: Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2018, 08:50 AM   #21

Name: Ramona
Trailer: Looking!
Florida
WooHoo!

I have asked for this time off work and I’m really looking forward to checking out the rally. I’m pretty sure after seeing all these trailers I will have made up my mind about which one works for me and then it’s down payment time!!

Is there any area to van camp? I’m thinking of doing an overnighter, but if not, I’m just down the road in Salem. So excited to see all the rigs and meet people who are living the trailer life! Cheers!
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:09 AM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Ramona... you're coming from Florida? No, I saw where you're in Salem

If there are sites still available, snag one. Join us for all the fun and activities. Actually Salem is quite a ways away from the park. You'd find other places a lot closer... even the beach!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #23

Name: julie
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Alabama
No sites available so if there is a cancellation please post. "Pearl" the escape & I would like to attend...procrastination is not a good thing in my case. Thanks, Julie
julmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:53 PM   #24

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ramona... you're coming from Florida? No, I saw where you're in Salem

If there are sites still available, snag one. Join us for all the fun and activities. Actually Salem is quite a ways away from the park. You'd find other places a lot closer... even the beach!
About an hour and a half? Or is that being too optimistic? I’m really looking forward to seeing all these rigs. Online photos are a limited and it’s impossible to get a “feel” for them....😀
Old 03-04-2018, 03:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post
About an hour and a half? Or is that being too optimistic? I’m really looking forward to seeing all these rigs. Online photos are a limited and it’s impossible to get a “feel” for them....��
Yeah, optimistic. You might Google, Camping Around Vernonia, Oregon. I see 3 or 4 campgrounds that are just within minutes of L.L. Stub. You may prefer that to driving. Whatever you'd like to do, we're just glad you're coming!
Old 03-04-2018, 11:19 PM   #26

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Could one in a van park at the walk in campsites. I assume “walk in” are not reservable? Maybe all those parking spots are full too. I would put a tent at the walk in part and then sleep in the parking area in my van!

Just wondering for a previous poster. I am stuck in the snow in mainnesota.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:11 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Could one in a van park at the walk in campsites. I assume “walk in” are not reservable? Maybe all those parking spots are full too. I would put a tent at the walk in part and then sleep in the parking area in my van!

Just wondering for a previous poster. I am stuck in the snow in mainnesota.
I just checked ReserveAmerica for two nights Fri/Sat 4/27 & 4/28. There are four tent sites and one RV site still available. See this map... in blue are still available.
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.jpg  
Old 03-06-2018, 08:21 PM   #28

Florida
Talking

Ok, I’m in! I reserved tent site 28 for Friday night. That will give me a much better chance to meet folks and ask them about the pros and cons of their specific trailer, rather than just spending a couple of hours.

Forgive my ignorance, but do I just go site to site and look at trailers?! I feel like people may give me the stink eye if I start circling their home, like I’m casing the joint! Is I rude to ask to go check out the inside? I’m really interested in how people put their own stamp of individuality on their trailers, the different organizational hacks, and mods to make a small space more functional.

Very excited! If I had a tail, it would be wagging
Old 03-06-2018, 09:27 PM   #29

Quote:
Ok, I’m in! I reserved tent site 28 for Friday night. That will give me a much better chance to meet folks and ask them about the pros and cons of their specific trailer, rather than just spending a couple of hours.

Forgive my ignorance, but do I just go site to site and look at trailers?! I feel like people may give me the stink eye if I start circling their home, like I’m casing the joint! Is I rude to ask to go check out the inside? I’m really interested in how people put their own stamp of individuality on their trailers, the different organizational hacks, and mods to make a small space more functional.

Very excited! If I had a tail, it would be wagging
There are no scheduled times for tours, so yeah... you see someone sitting outside, ask if you can take a peek and chat. I've found most are enthusiastic tour guides . I'll be posting a schedule of events about the second week of April. That will give you a better idea of what to expect. It's really pretty simple. Glad you're coming!
Old 03-15-2018, 03:44 PM   #30

Florida
21’ Escape at April Oregon get together?

Howdy again folks! Anyone here have a 21’ Escape that will be at April gathering at stub Stewart? I’ve decided on an Escape, but now trying to decide between 19 and 21ft. Toured a 19 yesterday but would really like to check out a 21. If you’re going to be there and wouldn’t mind an over zealous soon to be Escape owner asking you a ton of silly questions, please let me know what site you’re in. I’m overnighting from Friday to Saturday at a tent site (can’t remember the number because I’m old!) in my van. I am stupid excited about this entire process
Old 03-15-2018, 07:57 PM   #31

Ramona, you're in site 28 and there will be four 21' Escapes at the NOG, three classics and one 2nd generation. Less than six weeks to NOG!!
Old 03-15-2018, 08:39 PM   #32

Florida
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ramona, you're in site 28 and there will be four 21' Escapes at the NOG, three classics and one 2nd generation. Less than six weeks to NOG!!
4?! That’s fantastic! Looking forward to it! Cheers!
Old 03-17-2018, 11:32 AM   #33

Florida
Unhappy

Just found out yesterday at 5pm the hospital I’m contracted with cancelled all travelers! No warning, so now will be looking for my next assignment, hopefully somewhere here in the West at a higher elevation for summer. Just cancelled my tent site at stub Stewart and really disappointed I will not be there to see all the trailers and meet all you nice folks. Hoping wherever I land, I can find a fiberglass gathering to attend. Cheers!
Old 03-17-2018, 04:36 PM   #34

Quote:
Just found out yesterday at 5pm the hospital I’m contracted with cancelled all travelers! No warning, so now will be looking for my next assignment, hopefully somewhere here in the West at a higher elevation for summer. Just cancelled my tent site at stub Stewart and really disappointed I will not be there to see all the trailers and meet all you nice folks. Hoping wherever I land, I can find a fiberglass gathering to attend. Cheers!
Ah Dang Ramona. I'm sorry to hear the news. IF you should find another position fairly locally, perhaps you can still come out and visit at the Spring NOG. Fingers crossed you land 'softly' in your next position.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:49 PM   #35

THE Schedule of Events such as it is... This is the Spring NOG. While it's referred to as the Northern Oregon Gathering, I kinda prefer Not Organized Gathering.

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish. Sleep in, ride your bike on the trails, hike, go to town, play cards, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most folks have an informal open house.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG: There is nothing scheduled for gift give aways for this NOG. BUT, I'd really like to see everyone wear a name tag all weekend. I'm meeting some of you for the first time. Help me to remember your name, please.

FRIDAY NIGHT NO-HOST DINNER-ON-A-STICK:
The roasting fires will be going at the meeting hall outside. There are two elevated BBQs. Both will be hot! You may want to bring a chair though. This is not a potluck, bring everything you need, including your roasting stick. Come by anytime after 6:00pm.

The fun/funny stuff:

CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
7PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT

This is an "opener" event.

Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please join us. Beer/food is secondary to the good times.

SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK:
Serving of food will start SHARPLY at 6pm. Come a few minutes early to get your food on the table before serving starts. Bring an appetizer, entrée, salad or dessert to share that feeds 6-10 people AND your table service.

For the two events at the meeting hall, you may want to bring your lawn chair. Sitting outside is always preferable to being inside if the weather is dry and it's not windy.

The meeting hall, according to the park, will hold 50 people and there's a wood stove inside. If every site brought ONE stick of wood, we could have a nice fire going both Friday and Saturday nights. There's LIMITED parking down by the meeting hall. All the tent sites are currently reserved and most of the parking is for tenters use. So... carpooling (or drop off service) is encouraged!

Please, no pets at any of the food events.

I hope this answers questions you may have. If not, ask and we'll get it answered!

Safe travels everyone. Please bring SUN!
Old 04-02-2018, 10:07 PM   #36

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Thanks Donna, you're the best! I thought April would never get here! We are so looking forward to a great campout and seeing everyone (old and new friends).
Here's Travel Oregon's take on Vernonia (right up the road from the park).
https://traveloregon.com/places-to-go/cities/vernonia/
And, if anyone is interested in doing part of the Banks Vernonia Rails to Trails bike ride, maybe we could organize a shuttle (it's mostly downhill from the park) Here's some intrepid bikers from a few years ago..
D&K
Attached Thumbnails
LLStubBikes.jpg  

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:19 PM   #37

Name: Marilyn
Trailer: 13 ft 2005 Scamp Deluxe; 2002 Subaru V6 Outback
Oregon
Cancelling my Stub Stewart reservation

Due to injury , I cancelled my site #48 Dairy Creek West this am for the Northern Oregon Gathering Apr 26-28. It is now available through Reserve America.

Will miss seeing old friends, making new ones, checking out awnings (looking to replace mine).

Have a great time....this is a wonderful campground and good hiking trails. Enjoy.
M Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:16 AM   #38

Name: Peggy
Trailer: Casita SD
Oregon
Northern Oregon gathering at LL Stubbs

What is the schedule of events for the northern Oregon gathering at LL Stubbs I can't find anything listed and we will be leaving tomorrow to go to Vernonia Peggy and Don AST
alfamigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:16 AM   #39

Name: River
Trailer: Perris Pacer
Oregon
Registry
Sorry to miss it, but we've had to cancel our reservation for the weekend, we were in site 085 so it is reservable now on the website.
Burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:14 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfamigos View Post
What is the schedule of events for the northern Oregon gathering at LL Stubbs I can't find anything listed and we will be leaving tomorrow to go to Vernonia Peggy and Don AST
Right above your post. Post #35.