MB 2018, Aug.15-21: Boler 50th Anniversary Caravan Event 2018 – All FGRV's Welcome - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
2018, Aug.15-21: Boler 50th Anniversary Caravan Event 2018 – All FGRV's Welcome

2018 marks the 50th anniversary of the Boler, to celebrate this iconic piece of Canadian history we plan to organize a homecoming caravan and gathering of moulded fibreglass trailers including the Boler from across Canada and the USA to meet in Winnipeg Manitoba where the original Boler was first introduced. Imagine caravans of moulded fibreglass trailers travelling from each coast of Canada to meet in Winnipeg, Manitoba where the Boler was first produced. We know that interest is very high from the fibreglass community, the Escape community included. The venue in Winnipeg is booked for August 15-21 2018. We have started to receive interest and offerings from sponsors for the event and we are working on finding that one special primary sponsor.

It is now time to get a little help from the FGRV Community. To get a better idea of how many are interested in attending the event and where everyone is coming from I have set up a simple pre-registration form on my website. We will use the information you provide to estimate the numbers attending, to help plan the route, to provide direct email updates and information on the event (we promise not to spam you). As a bonus for signing up we will provide you with access to a Kal Tire VIP Program which offers special pricing on products and services they offer at their stores across Canada.

Please sign up today at Boler 50th Anniversary Pre-Registration
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #2

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Ian, we don't even have a Boler and it looks great to me! I will want to follow this.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:10 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
You are welcome to join the caravan in your Escape, any moulded fibreglass trailer is welcome, we are all related.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:07 PM   #4

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Ian you mention caravans coming from east and west in Canada but know that many from the US would like to come. I would be willing to coordinate a US meet at the border crossing in our town directly south of Wpg have perhaps a meet at our town park to camp one night (or more) them depart together in caravan for the hour and a bit into Wpg

Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:13 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
Thank you Adrian

Yes we know a large contingent may want to join from the US which is awesome. That is one reason for the pre-registration request. After just 3 days the database is showing us the growing interest from the south and their locations so additional routes could be added from all directions
Old 10-05-2016, 07:22 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Hi Ian
We had a great time at St Malo with Adrian this past summer. There was considerable anticipatory talk about this rally. My daughter and son in law have a 74 boler and I think they'll plan to come from Indiana if the timing works out for them. Thanks for keeping all molded fiberglass trailers in mind,of current manufacture and those from the past. Should be a rally for the record book. Glad I don't work for the border patrol, they'll be seeing eggs in their sleep. Keep up the good work
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:06 PM   #7

Name: Dean
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia

How many 1968 bolers will make this trip? How cool would that be to see them along with any boler years . I have a 68 and would love to make the trip out from Vancouver... we will see?
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:26 PM   #8

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
2018 Caravan to Winnipeg, Manitoba

Heard about this in June at the Island Bolers & Friends meet in Nanaimo. It seemed there were quite a few folks interested in going.

The idea of continuing East from Winnipeg to Newfoundland was also mentioned. A few were interested in continuing the journey. Having the event Aug. 15-21st. makes it tight for those that want to continue East and return ---- the same year!

Or we could drop down to the States for better weather on the return West. Or not. Or?? Not that we'd all need to travel together the whole way.

Thoughts?
Old 10-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #9

Name: Mary Ellen
Trailer: Boler 1700 1978
Ontario
1978 Boler

Hi Ian,

Signed up and ready to travel. Looking forward to it!
Mary Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:05 PM   #10

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi Ian....I signed up (pre-registered) last night on your website. And we are really looking forward to it. As I mentionned to you earlier, we certainly would entertain the idea of a caravan of FGRVs from the Maritimes all travelling together, if others are interested.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:24 PM   #11

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
I am still working on my Trill, but, this is a great idea!

And I really like the idea of continuing across the country!
Trill136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
The response has been great so far, keep the pre-registrations coming.
I have added a list of participants and a map of where everyone is coming from. For the live MAP and participant list click here

Old 01-14-2017, 08:55 AM   #13

Name: Suvi
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollie View Post
How many 1968 bolers will make this trip? How cool would that be to see them along with any boler years . I have a 68 and would love to make the trip out from Vancouver... we will see?
Mollie - I have a '68 and I am also in Vancouver! How do we not know each other?! I'm already registered to attend.
sooveroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:18 AM   #14

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
You are welcome to join the caravan in your Escape, any moulded fibreglass trailer is welcome, we are all related.
Other moulded fibreglass trailers all have Boler to thank, with them being one of the early innovators of the product.

I signed up for the pre-registration. This will be a fun event, and I love looking forward to seeing what everyone has done with their trailers.

Oh, and to party and have a good time too. This is allowed, right?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:21 AM   #15

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooveroo View Post
Mollie - I have a '68 and I am also in Vancouver! How do we not know each other?! I'm already registered to attend.
Hello sooveroo...was funny as when we bought it we had no idea it was a 68 till people on here let us know. We've only owned it for 7 months and bought it off another couple that lived in Lynn Valley. I wish I could find the # of production on the front of frame near propane but it is not visible with the paint, etc.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #16

British Columbia
One more thing sooveroo, mine Is not a flat top so would be after the first 100 made.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:11 PM   #17

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Other moulded fibreglass trailers all have Boler to thank, with them being one of the early innovators of the product.

Oh, and to party and have a good time too. This is allowed, right?
Jim, I signed up today. We also spoke with our daughter and son in law in Fort Wayne today. They are hosting a party at her house for 55 people tonight. Like her Dad, she knows how to party. They have a 74 boler and they plan to go to Winnipeg. We encouraged her to sign up today. Now we have enough for a party for sure. I wonder if this old boy can find the northwest passage?
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:26 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
We have almost 275 trailers pre-registered from both coasts of Canada (Vancouver Island and PEI), north to Alaska and the Yukon and as far south as New Mexico, Texas, Tennessee and North Carolina. We are asking anyone interested to preregister so we have an idea of how many are interested and where you are coming from Boler 50th Anniversary Pre-Registration – Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018
Old 01-14-2017, 09:02 PM   #19

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Jim, I signed up today. We also spoke with our daughter and son in law in Fort Wayne today. They are hosting a party at her house for 55 people tonight. Like her Dad, she knows how to party. They have a 74 boler and they plan to go to Winnipeg. We encouraged her to sign up today. Now we have enough for a party for sure. I wonder if this old boy can find the northwest passage?
Dave
I should talk to my daughter, and see if she is into coming with her '76 Trillium.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:18 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
We have registered 1 HC1 from Windsor and are hoping to have Derrek bring one from LA and possibly our newest product which we will debut later this year.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler