AZ 2018, Feb 5-11: 2018 Quartzsite Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
2018, Feb 5-11: 2018 Quartzsite Gathering

2018 Quartzsite Gathering Hosts: Scamp Owners International

This gathering is for all brands of Molded Fiberglass Trailers! Like Salmon returning home all brands of Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers make the annual pilgrimage to the AZ Desert.

Dates: Feb 5-11

February 5th to 8th - Early bird Quartzsite Pre-Gathering (Mon thru Thurs)
February 9th to 11th - Main Event (Friday thru Sunday)
If you can attend the Main Gathering, the Pre-Gathering, or the entire Quartzsite Gathering we’d love to have you come and enjoy the good times. Some even stay for a Post-Gathering for a few days if you’re so inclined.

Where: Same location as always, Dome Rock area, Quartzsite Arizona. Approx. 5 miles west of Quartzsite on I-10, south side of highway next to the frontage road.

MAP OF QUARTZSITEGATHERING LOCATION

GPS: 33.643617,-114.304752

Who Can Attend: Owners of all Molded Fiberglass Trailers brands - Casita, Scamp, Escape, Burro, U-haul, Bigfoot, Lil’ Snoozy, Compact Jr., Trillium, Boler, Parkliner, Eggcamper, Perris Pacer, etc. This gathering has always been, and will continue to be, a melting pot of all molded fiberglass trailer brands.

Registration: There is no pre-registration, as this is free BLM land. We will have a registration/signup table at the Host Trailer in the main loop. This is just first name(s), town, state and trailer type. Make sure you stop by the Host Trailer because not only do we want to meet you, the first 300 registrations will receive a FREE 2017 Quartzsite Gathering 10 year Anniversary button! (Our Canadian friends called this a Pin)

Camping: Free BLM 14-day dry camping (no facilities) on hard packed dirt. Market, water and dump station are all located in Quartzsite, 5 miles to the east. This is “Boondocking” with no hookups. If you are unfamiliar with how to setup your trailer for Boondocking you can read theses excellent resources on Boondocking.

What to Bring: Full Water Tank, Extra Water in Tow Vehicle, Empty Gray and Black Tanks, Generator or Solar Charging options, flashlight to see as you walk at night, can of non-cream based soup for the soup event, a dessert for the dessert event, and firewood (optional).

BLM Permit: A BLM permit must be obtained and displayed on your trailer. These are available free of charge from the BLM host trailer located a mile or two from town on the frontage road.

Campfires: Campfires are allowed. Please bring some firewood if you can help out. We will have central fire pit activities/concerts on Friday and Saturday night.

Generators: Generators are OK, however quiet ones are even better. Please try not to run them too early or late. Respect your fellow campers.
Check-in Check-out times – None. Come in and leave when you want to. Maximum stay in this area is 14 days. Best of all there is no bill and nothing owed when you leave!

Pets: All pets must be kept on a leash while within the camp area. You are responsible for cleanup and sanitary disposal of your pet’s waste.

Trash: You are responsible for your trash. We only leave footprints when we depart. Trash may be dropped off at the landfill for free Sunday through Wednesday at this location: Quartzsite Transfer Station Location: 2 1/2 miles N of Quartzsite on Hwy 95, West Side, Quartzsite, AZ 85346

More details to come as we get closer......
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #2

Name: Vicki
Trailer: Casita 16' Freedom Deluxe
Missouri
Weather

What type of weather is expected that time of year?
Average temps??
Vicki
GlassCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:11 PM   #3

Name: Terry
Trailer: 1971 Hunter compact Jr, 1979 Terry 19', 2003 Scamp 16'
California
Thank you for the information.

My wife, Karen, would like to know if showers are available in the area. Being in a Compact jr they become a limiting factor.
Thank you.
Terry in Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:15 PM   #4

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Pay Showers are available at a couple of laundrymats in town.
Temperatures can vary from being windy, rainy, to hot, but usually 60's-70's during the day and 40's -50's at night.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #5

Name: Gregg
Trailer: 1985 Burro 13ft.
Arizona
We'll be there now thar Burro's are welcome again��
Gregg Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry in Fowler View Post
My wife, Karen, would like to know if showers are available in the area. Being in a Compact jr they become a limiting factor.
Thank you.
The closest showers to the Dome Rock BLM area are at the Quartzsite Love's, about 4-5 miles east. A mile or two further are less expensive showers ($7.00 with towel, wash cloth, soap & shampoo) at the Mainstream Laundromat on the East side of town. When I stayed in the Long Term Visitor Area over the winter, I took my shower while my clothes dried!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:49 PM   #7

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Harrison View Post
We'll be there now thar Burro's are welcome again��
Kool, but also bring your motorcycle.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:14 PM   #8

Name: Richard
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I will be there at the Quartzsite Rally arriving on February 5th. -then depart the 12th to head to Lake Havasu City for Winterblast pyrotechnics show Feb 15-18.
CasitaRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:53 PM   #9

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasitaRick View Post
I will be there at the Quartzsite Rally arriving on February 5th. -then depart the 12th to head to Lake Havasu City for Winterblast pyrotechnics show Feb 15-18.
I'm doing the same, although I'll be in the Quartzsite LTVA most of the winter.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #10

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Thanks for the heads up on the Rodeo and Fireworks. Never been, and were able to book a space.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #11

Trailer: Sold Bigfoot. Shopping for Arctic Fox 22G
Missouri
If you have an ATV or trail bike by all means bring it. There are literally hundreds of miles of trails right there.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:48 PM   #12

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
If you have an ATV or trail bike by all means bring it. There are literally hundreds of miles of trails right there.
Do not,
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:54 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Oh, and bring your generator too...
Old 10-22-2017, 10:45 PM   #14

Name: karen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Nevada
I know you list fg trailers,but can

I attend with a fg Born Free coach as I had to move to it for my husband to attend and travel. He is partially disabled and could not manage in the Casita. Thank you for the reply!

I have learned so much on this forum!

Artsykaren
artsykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:28 PM   #15

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsykaren View Post
I attend with a fg Born Free coach as I had to move to it for my husband to attend and travel. He is partially disabled and could not manage in the Casita. Thank you for the reply!

I have learned so much on this forum!

Artsykaren
The Quartzsite rally is held on BLM (Bureau of Land Management).in the Dome Rock area. BLM land is public land open to anyone who wants to use it. Here is the best part-- BLM land belongs to all Americans! You own it. The Dome Rock area does require a permit, but it's free. A Born Free Motor home is made of molded fiberglass and this forum is about molded fiberglass RV's. If I attend this rally, I may attend, I would certainly welcome you.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:00 AM   #16

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
excited

I for one am excited I still haven't worked out our bathroom situation I cant list my thoughts and solutions I get scolded but it was all in fun!

Since we will be in the famous well to us 13f stevie space is limited for us I guess we can spare a can of soup cream soup it is!

At 75 we wont be into the campfire thing usually in bed at 8pm, we wont be bringing a generator but a huge drill for our 4in hole!

Hope to see everyone there in Feb. after checking camping prices BLM land it is!! We want our pin!!!!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:52 PM   #17

Name: Clay and Cait
Trailer: Escape 5.0
Florida
We will be there, this will be our first Q-town trip since we upgraded to our Escape. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Old 12-20-2017, 07:47 PM   #18

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Howdy from the Wagonmaster,

Glad to see so many are prepping to head to the AZ Desert this year. Just like Salmon returning to spawn, Molded Fiberglass trailers return every year in mass to Dome Rock. (Hopefully, not to spawn)

Schedule and activities for the 11th Annual Quartzsite gathering will be posted shortly just waiting on a couple of confirmations.

Stay tuned and a Merry Christmas to all!
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:43 PM   #19

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Condo, A-go-go and I are planning to be there also.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #20

Name: Marty
Trailer: in the market
Texas
ok to attend?

We are trying to decide what type of trailer to buy and attending this rally seems like a good way to compare different models and talk to people about what they like/don't like. Is that a good idea? Bad idea? Please let me know what you think. (We would likely stay at a nearby hotel.)
marthacoleman is offline   Reply With Quote