AZ 2018, Feb 5-11: 2018 Quartzsite Gathering - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2018, 11:24 AM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: Escape
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthacoleman View Post
We are trying to decide what type of trailer to buy and attending this rally seems like a good way to compare different models and talk to people about what they like/don't like. Is that a good idea? Bad idea? Please let me know what you think. (We would likely stay at a nearby hotel.)
Come on down. Bring a tent and stay in the desert with everyone else. Rally’s are good way to compare campers and talk to owners and get there feed back.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #22

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
That is a great way to choose a trailer & I suspect almost every make & model of fiberglass trailers will be there.

As far as I know, there are only two motels/hotels in Quartzsite. A Super 8 that will be closest to the rally site (about 3 miles) and The Quartzsite Yacht Club Motel, which I know nothing about, but is in the "city".

Stop by & say hello! I'll be in the white trailer...
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #23

Trailer: Sold Bigfoot. Shopping for Arctic Fox 22G
Missouri
There should be some motels at Blythe, CA (17 miles west on I-10).
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:59 AM   #24

Name: Gregg
Trailer: 1985 Burro 13ft.
Arizona
82 Burro

I always look forward to our days spent in Quarsite!!!!!!!Lotsa innovatative/ creative ideas.Bonding around bonfire is always a hoot
Gregg Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:04 PM   #25

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
Stop by & say hello! I'll be in the white trailer...
What a potentially confusing coincidence, ours is white too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:27 PM   #26

Missouri
I have attended several of these FGRV Quartzsite rallies. I don't recall ever seeing the riot police called out to quell a disturbance.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:34 PM   #27

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Activities: The Quartzsite Gathering is traditionally not highly scheduled with activities. The few activities we have are on Friday and Saturday. During the week folks get together in small groups, enjoy the desert, head to the flea markets, or out to lunch or dinner. Check the activity whiteboard at the host trailer for updated times and activities. All activities are subject to last minute changes. Make sure to register at the host trailer and pick up your 2018 Quartzsite Commemorative Button/Pin (quantities limited).
  • BYOB Happy Hour to kick off the Quartzsite Gathering for early arrivals. Monday night Feb 6th. We will have an informal BYOB happy hour at the host trailer to get acquainted and start the week. Bring your chairs, favorite beverage and snacks. We'll provide a table and fire pit.
  • Concerts with Pete, Jackie and our Quartzsite Musicians: Several days during the week we will be having an evening campfire at the host trailer with music by our good friends and musicians Pete and Jackie. Any aspiring musicians can join in to play along. Check the activity board for times and bring your chairs over.
  • Saturday Ladder ball Tournament: At 10:00 a.m., right before the Soup Thing. Great fun to be had at the Quartzsite Gathering Ladder ball Tournament. Never played? Not a problem. It is quick and easy to pick up the game and compete for great prizes. Last year’s tournament was quite an event and drew as many spectators as players. Join the fun and sign up your team at registration.
  • Saturday Soup Thing: Everyone please bring a can of soup (Not cream style) and leave in the soup boxes at the registration table when checking-in. These are carefully mixed by our expert Soup Chefs in large pots of Chicken base, Beef base, and Mystery surprise. The soup line will start following the Ladderball tournament at approximately 12:30. Snacks to share with others are also welcome. After a nap come back at 4 pm for the Dessert.
  • Dessert in the Desert at the Saturday Night Campfire: Second year for this popular Dessert Pot Luck at the central campfire. Starting at 4pm everyone bring a favorite dessert to the tables, along with your chairs, for a taste of dessert while enjoying the central campfire.
  • Quartzsite Flea Markets: Throughout the town of Quartzsite, the Flea Markets run in the winter months during the influx of RV winter visitors and are quite interesting to spend a day or two rummaging around and finding treasures. Check the heading for current vendor information.
White Board: Check the white board at registration for all activities and approximate times.

Vendors: No outside vendors will be allowed without prior approval from the hosts. We are on BLM Land and their regulations do not allow vendors to sell goods on BLM Lands, so we have to be very careful on what is allowed.

Currently approved vendors:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dome Rock Swap Meet Quartzsite Gathering Saturday, Feb 11, 2017 8am - 10am:

This is your opportunity to recycle those camping items you no longer use!

SELLERS:
Items must be camping-related...basically anything having to do with RVing. This can also include books, CDs, electronics, etc. -- stuff you'd use when traveling. No clothing items, please.

Purchase a box of small envelopes at the Dollar Store (I'll also have some on hand).
On the front of the envelope, write: 1) Your name, 2) the item name, 3) the price, 4) your cell phone number
Affix the envelope to the item you wish to sell and leave your item(s) on one of the tables at the Swap Meet.
You must be willing to accept either cash or check.
Buyers will place their payment into the envelope and then deposit it into a box designated as PAYMENTS.
At 12 noon, sellers will be expected to come back to the tent to claim their payment(s) and/or item(s).
There will be a table for FREE STUFF. No envelopes necessary; however, the items must be camping-related and reclaimed by noon.
DO NOT LEAVE THOSE ITEMS FOR OTHERS TO DISPOSE OF!
If you have a table or ground cover we can use for a few hours to display items, please bring it along.
No need to stick around if you don't want to since someone will be there keeping an eye on things.
BUYERS:

Acceptable payments will be by cash (correct change appreciated) or check.
Buyers may write their name and cell number on the envelope before depositing it into the box if they have questions for the Seller.
MISCELLANEOUS
No outside vendors are permitted without permission from Greg A., the rally host.

A-Z Casita Owners Guide CDs and the following decals on hand: Jack Frame under Here, Battery Charge, and Fresh Water Tank Gauges.

Swap Meet Questions or suggestions? Email Eileen at lovemycasita17@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Hosts:

Post any questions you have on this thread or to just say “Hello, we’ll be there”! We look forward to meeting many new friends and visiting with many old friends at one of the best gatherings of Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers (All brands are welcome) in the country.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #28

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
The Quartzsite Gathering Button

The Quartzsite 2018 Button has been designed and will be available when you check-in at the host trailer. There are limited quantities and are first come, first serve until we run out.

This years Quartzsite Gathering commemorative button features a Quartzsite Landmark and legend; The grave site and marker of Hi Jolly. If you've never been to see this landmark then you'll need to put on your buttons and head over to check out a piece of Quartzsite and Arizona history. Some say descendants of the camels can still be stumbled upon roaming the Arizona Desert.
Attached Thumbnails
Quartzsite 2018 XX.jpg  
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #29

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
There should be some motels at Blythe, CA (17 miles west on I-10).
Before buying our Scamp and visiting Quartzsite every year we use to stay in Blythe and drive in and out each day. It worked since the road is an easy drive. 2 things to remember California is an hour behind due to daylight savings time. The other thing to do is make sure you buy your gas in Az. Gas stations are just east of the boarder.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #30

Name: M
Trailer: Escape 17B, Jan. 2017
California
Hi. We are planning to make our first visit to Quartzsite for this rally.Looking forward to meeting you all!
Brian and Marilyn
2017 Escape 17B
Sparks, NV formerly Redding, CA
MGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #31

Name: Dick
Trailer: '15 17' LD Casita and '17 Tahoe LT
Texas
DeadEyeDan - Why do you say NO to ATVs and Motorcycles when your Interest in your Profile says Motorcycles?
dmad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:09 AM   #32

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmad1 View Post
DeadEyeDan - Why do you say NO to ATVs and Motorcycles when your Interest in your Profile says Motorcycles?
I meant I do not have one on board, not no them . LOL. Sorry for not being clear.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:26 PM   #33

Trailer: Vixen
Hello

Is anybody there yet? We are passing thru Quartzsite tomorrow on our way to Rice to pick up our new Casita ID.
jimch530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:35 AM   #34

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
We arrive Quartzsite this afternoon. In Benson last night. Mike
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:52 AM   #35

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
...2 things to remember California is an hour behind due to daylight savings time...
Due to standard time. The two states are in different time zones, so when we're both on standard time, like now, there is an hour difference. However, when CA goes on daylight time and AZ does not, they show the same time on the clock.

Of course the real time difference is negligible, since the sun rises and sets at nearly the same time regardless of which bank of the Colorado you're on.

And Quartzsite has its own time altogether...

Name:   Whatever.jpeg
Views: 151
Size:  13.4 KB
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:23 PM   #36

New York
Registry
I'm currently in La Post West, one of the Long Term Visitor Areas. Will be here until Monday morning, then heading to Agua Caliente Park in CA for a couple of days, then to Dome Rock.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:37 PM   #37

New York
Registry
For anyone interested, I've started a page of photographs of the rally. I'll add to it as the rally progresses.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:35 PM   #38

Missouri
Be careful around that group of 5th wheels at the east side (where we were last year). I turned in there when I was arriving Saturday night in the dark and was confronted by a hostile, mouthy individual with a bright flashlight (which he used to blind me so I had to stop because I couldn't see to drive on through) Although there was lots of empty space, he did not want anyone else in "his" camp.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:45 PM   #39

New York
Registry
Has anyone seen Bob, (KOwtz) and his Scamp 13? He should be here by now but I don't see him at Dome Rock...
Old 02-05-2018, 06:41 PM   #40
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
Has anyone seen Bob, (KOwtz) and his Scamp 13? He should be here by now but I don't see him at Dome Rock...
Looked for him last week when I was there ,never saw him and haven’t seen any recent posts hope everything is fine and we’ll hear from him soon.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote