OR 2018, July 19- 22nd, Oregon Gathering Bullard's Beach State Park - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2017, 10:21 AM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
2018, July 19- 22nd, Oregon Gathering Bullard's Beach State Park

Here is it finally- what you have all been waiting for - time to reserve your spot.........

Hi Fiberglass Campers,

The 2018 Oregon Coast annual Gathering is now just a little over nine months away... July 19-22... Thurs-Sun (come early, stay late). Time to start making reservations! Remember, the Oregon State Park system allows reservations up to nine months in advance of your first night's stay and this is a VERY POPULAR park and sites fill up fast for the summer months.

So, if you plan on arriving on July 15th you can make your reservation on October 15th, 2017, July 17th make reservation on Oct 17th, 2017, July 19th make reservation on Oct 19th, 2017 etc.

Go here to make your reservation (full payment is required at the time you make your reservation)
http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...ex=CampingSpot

Once you have a reservation MADE, go to this web page on the Casita Forum and post in the topic that you are coming https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...ast-gathering/

The meet & Greet & Potluck will be held again at the East Pavilion/Shelter on the beach road. If anyone wants to host any workshop or event at their site they are more than welcome to do this on Thursday or Friday and we encourage you to do so. We will be taking the group photo at the potluck on Saturday evening. The popular trailer tours will still be held on Saturday.

Site signs and name tags will need to be printed out online in the same topic above.
Website Discussions - Between now and July lots of planning and chatter will go on at the Casita Forum website. Click on this link below, check out the different threads and participate in the discussions. Check in often for news.
https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...ast-gathering/

That’s all for right now. When we get closer to the Gathering, we will send another email and post on the Casita Forum an agenda.

We’re already looking forward to another successful gathering, seeing old friends again and meeting all the new people. See you online!

Deb & Cathy
Co-Hosts 2018
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:10 PM   #2

Name: karen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Nevada
Can I attend with a fiberglass class c?

I have gone to a class C Born Free Fiberglass coach so my husband could travel with me!
Can I attend Casita and other fiberglass units rallies and gatherings?

My husband was not stable enough in the Casita. He is partially disabled.

Thank you for the reply to this great forum where I have learned so much!

Artsykaren
artsykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:16 PM   #3

Name: karen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Nevada
Please explain what a “A, B, and/or C” loop is?

I just was reading the information on the rally site and came across this - new to me term. Thank you for the reply.

Artsykaren
artsykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:28 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Go to Bullard's Beach web site and you will find a map of the campsites. There are three loops.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 9.26.14 PM.png  
Old 10-23-2017, 09:58 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Can I attend in a class c?

Karen,

Just sent you PM.

Deb
Old 10-23-2017, 04:37 PM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
I'll be in space A13, arriving a day early.

if the weather is clear at night, I might even setup my big(!) telescope
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:34 AM   #7

Name: Annie
Trailer: Parkliner
Oregon
We will be in space B04. Arriving the 19th and leaving the 22nd. We will be in our 13' Burro.
AnnieSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #8

Name: Kevin & Dawn
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Attending Rally

Looks like the campground is full for these dates. Maybe if someone has to cancel we can take over the reservation? Looks like a great spot.
Dapaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:56 PM   #9

Mid Left Coast
over on the Casita Forum, i scraped up this of attendees, and cross checked it to see if there were any checkins from here... 'names' are mostly casitaforum logins, and first names if given. trailer is based on profiles so if that hasn't been updated, then its wrong.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

and here's a campground map with the spaces I've identified marked off in yellow. sorry, it didn't scan real great.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9s...ew?usp=sharing
Old 02-23-2018, 02:14 PM   #10

Name: Reed & Karen
Trailer: Oliver
California
Cancellation

We are going to cancel our reservations. We have A25 from July 13th to July 24th. Let me know if you are interested and we can coordinate. Message me at two oh nine, five one eight, twenty six fifty.
fr2bhpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:00 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Reed and Karen

Sorry you have to cancel. We will miss you both and your COBB demonstrations.

Deb
Old 02-27-2018, 01:49 PM   #12

Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr2bhpy View Post
We are going to cancel our reservations. We have A25 from July 13th to July 24th. Let me know if you are interested and we can coordinate. Message me at two oh nine, five one eight, twenty six fifty.
Well that sucks. Looking forward to hangin out with you guys.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:29 AM   #13

Mid Left Coast
SO months ago, when I had a Casita 16 and a Tacoma, I booked A13, which is a 25 foot long space with 30A full hookups.

Well, now I have a Escape 21 and a F250 extended cab long bed, eeek. the truck plus trailer combined are like 42 feet.

So.... anyone have a big space and a small rig, and want to trade spaces, maybe to get closer to the "A" loop which will be rally central?
Old 03-25-2018, 04:45 PM   #14

Name: Kim
Trailer: Uhaul
California
Registry
I'm in A42 Weds to Weds. Not sure of the size, but we still have the 15A, or we might bring a T@G, if that helps. Kim
California Bay Area
kkinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:25 PM   #15

Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
SO months ago, when I had a Casita 16 and a Tacoma, I booked A13, which is a 25 foot long space with 30A full hookups.

Well, now I have a Escape 21 and a F250 extended cab long bed, eeek. the truck plus trailer combined are like 42 feet.

So.... anyone have a big space and a small rig, and want to trade spaces, maybe to get closer to the "A" loop which will be rally central?

Did you contact Reed and Karen about A-25? Post #10, fr2bhpy

That is where I was last year and it's big enough.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:47 PM   #16

Mid Left Coast
I didn't but I suspect its too late for that, anyways, I have no idea how to transfer a site. I figure a straight swap would be easiest since both parties will be on-site at the same time.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:20 PM   #17

Mid Left Coast
well, I'm now in space A42, which is 42 feet long, exactly the length of my F250 (21') + Escape 21 (21 feet). yay.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #18

Smith Valley, Nevada
Excellent. See you there.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:45 AM   #19
Commercial Member

Oregon Coast Gathering update information

We are looking for people to lead a short (1 hour or less) demonstration, talk or workshop at the Oregon Coast Gathering, July 2018. Topics from previous years have included: packing bearings, photography, braided rug making, camp cooking, beading, solar, etc. Let me know your interests or hobbies that you would like to share and they will potentially be held on Thursday, July 19th and Friday July 20th. The times that would could do these would be like 10 am , 11 am, or 2 pm or 3 pm on either day. Private email me what you are thinking of that you would like to share and your preferred time and your space number. Classes are to be held in the site of the demonstrator. I already have a one class that will be on various options for camp cooking to be put on by a couple of our members. Times to be announced later. Trailer tours will be on Saturday July 21st : Loop A will be 10-12 am and Loops B & C will be 2-4 pm. Remember the trailer tours are totally optional. If you don't want to participate in trailer tours just lock your trailer and put a sign up. Not everyone participates and that is fine. Just a note for new attendees, when you arrive there is no checking in with anyone- that is how relaxed we are about this gathering. Just get your trailer setup and walk around and introduce yourself to meet others.

I will be posting a itinerary on this forum around the first of July that you can print out. Other than the classes will be be having a Tapas/appetizer meet and greet at the East picnic shelter/Pavillion on July 19th, Thursday ( time to be announced later), and a potluck on Saturday night, July 21st at the same picnic shelter. Times to be announced in later message. Also, I will be reminding you of things to bring. All of our activities are optional if you choose to join us.

Deb
Co-host
Old 05-25-2018, 03:09 PM   #20

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Spaces ?

If anyone is wondering if all spaces are taken, and etched in steel, here is what I have found. This week we decided we would be free . On Monday Julie got on the Bullard's Beach site, there were few sites available. She got space A 13 for Thurs July 19th. So Tuesday I got on the phone with Reserve America and the nice operator gave me Space A 38 for Thursday and Friday nights. 'A' loop is the main fiberglas gathering area. Not too bad for so late an effort, I didn't know if anything was available. Now we will try to get something on any loop for Sat night. Inconvenient to move mid Rally but no big deal in a 13' Scamp , lucky to be there. And a feature on the web site sends you notices of cancellations. Sunday has spaces available as people will begin leaving. Please tell me if any of you are cancelling a Sat space. It is a fabulous Park and group of people so it is worth the juggling of spaces. Hope to see you there ! Happy Trails ! David Scamp13' in Fresno and Sonora, CA
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote