CO 2018, July 23-26: Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2017, 05:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
2018, July 23-26: Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous

The 2018 Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous has an arrival date of July 23rd and the departure date of July 26th. We have reserved the group site at the Mountain Park campground on the Cache la Poudre river in north central Colorado. If you need electric hookups there are sites near by the group site that can be reserved on www.recreation.gov. I have not camped here before so I do not have any information about the campground other than what is on Recreation.gov.
The URL is:
https://sites.google.com/site/rockym...eggrendezvous/
Greg Hine has posted it on the 2018 rally calendar.
Thom Rowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:02 PM   #2

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Rowland View Post
The 2018 Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous has an arrival date of July 23rd and the departure date of July 26th. We have reserved the group site at the Mountain Park campground on the Cache la Poudre river in north central Colorado. If you need electric hookups there are sites near by the group site that can be reserved on www.recreation.gov. I have not camped here before so I do not have any information about the campground other than what is on Recreation.gov. The URL is:
I have great memories of a little bar and grill (mostly bar and dance floor) up Cache la Poudre Canyon, just below the Little Narrows on the river, named the Mishawaka Inn. Former college girl friend played base guitar and sang lead vocals for a good little bluegrass band named "Everybody and His Brother" that played gigs there often. From a quick web search, it looks like it's still there. We always swore that if the band got enough people stomping on the dance floor that the Inn would collapse into the river and we would all go for a white water ride down the river. Never happened, but we had fun trying. Beautiful area.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:57 AM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: Outfitter truck campper
Colorado
Thom, I get up that way frequently and that is a very nice campground and a good choice for a get-together. You will not be disappointed. There is a nice hike right out of the campground (Mt. McConnell), and other hikes in the canyon. Up the river about 5 miles+- is Glen Echo - a nice restaurant/store/gas spot. And down the river also about 5 miles is "The Mish", as Dale mentions...a restaurant/bar/event venue. The campground is maybe 30 miles from Fort Collins for those who need city stuff. If there is anything I can do to help you out, don't hesitate to ask. These are my stompin' grounds.
TomandCallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:39 PM   #4

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Rowland View Post
The 2018 Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous has an arrival date of July 23rd and the departure date of July 26th. We have reserved the group site at the Mountain Park campground on the Cache la Poudre river in north central Colorado. If you need electric hookups there are sites near by the group site that can be reserved on www.recreation.gov. I have not camped here before so I do not have any information about the campground other than what is on Recreation.gov.
The URL is:
We are very interested. We haven't made any vacation plans yet but we like these kind of campouts. Sounds like a nice place. I'll let you know if we can come. How many people can camp in the group site? Thanks for the posting. Jann Todd
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandCallie View Post
Thom, I get up that way frequently and that is a very nice campground and a good choice for a get-together. You will not be disappointed. There is a nice hike right out of the campground (Mt. McConnell), and other hikes in the canyon. Up the river about 5 miles+- is Glen Echo - a nice restaurant/store/gas spot. And down the river also about 5 miles is "The Mish", as Dale mentions...a restaurant/bar/event venue. The campground is maybe 30 miles from Fort Collins for those who need city stuff. If there is anything I can do to help you out, don't hesitate to ask. These are my stompin' grounds.
Have you ever been in the group site? If so, can you guess-ta-mate how many Eggs can fit? The site description says up to 75 people but does not say how many rigs. I won't hold you to it, just looking for an idea how much room we will have.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:43 AM   #6

Name: Tom
Trailer: Outfitter truck campper
Colorado
The campground is closed now for the season but I still hike that trail all winter. I'll poke around and if I can find the group site (is there just one?), I'll attempt to figure out how many TV/trailer combo's can fit. You might get a better answer, however, by contacting the campground or reservation site directly for that kind of detail. I do know there are some nice stone buildings that I believe were built by the CCC, as were some of the trail improvements. I think the whole site was originally developed by the City of Fort Collins back in the day when people would leave the town to camp and recreate and cool off in in the mountains. A lot of pretty cool history up the Poudre river.
TomandCallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:06 AM   #7

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
If you Google the campground then zoom and go satellite image, you can get an idea of the overall size of the campground, and from the non-shaded sites, you can visualize how much space is allowed for each camp site (ample). So, using the eye-square statistical method, I'm guessing their website means 75 camp sites. I don't know if this link will carry over into the forum, but here's what I was looking at:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/MO...4d-105.4691083
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
If you Google the campground then zoom and go satellite image, you can get an idea of the overall size of the campground, and from the non-shaded sites, you can visualize how much space is allowed for each camp site (ample). So, using the eye-square statistical method, I'm guessing their website means 75 camp sites. I don't know if this link will carry over into the forum, but here's what I was looking at:
The group site is in the north section of the camp ground near where the river bend is. Recreation.gov states there are 32 camp sites plus the group site in Mountain Park Camp Ground and the group site specifically states "Max Num of People:75".
Old 11-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Also if you look at the satellite images, the area where the group site is has a lot of trees so you can not tell the size.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #10

Name: edh
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Group area - and thoughts

TomandCallie it is my stomping grounds as well and I think it would be a great idea for you to go check out the group area especially before the snow flies. I think it is well marked. I doubt I will get up there anytime soon.

It is a great campground but make sure how many rigs the group area will hold. I don't recall it being that large. I do remember the old stone buildings for picnics and group events. So make sure you have enough room for all the rigs that might show up. The entire campground is not that large. It is truly amazing being right next to the river. There is great hiking and people can go down the canyon and hook up with one of the whitewater rafting outfits for a great exciting day if they choose to.

Also make sure you do lots of advertising to possible attendees to let them know if they are going to try to make reservations, do it early. It is a very very popular place. There are other campgrounds along the canyon but they will be a bit of a drive. Meanwhile I will try to win the lottery. We sold our Casita last year and now really want a 21' Escape.
eltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:15 PM   #11

Name: Cheryl
Trailer: Scamp
Missouri
Rocky Mtn Egg Rendezvous

We plan to attend. Look forward to meeting everyone!
Cheryl Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:07 PM   #12

Missouri
Reservation made

We are going up early as we have grown kids in CO we want to visit. We just booked site #007 in Bear Loop for July 16 - July 27.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Collier View Post
We are going up early as we have grown kids in CO we want to visit. We just booked site #007 in Bear Loop for July 16 - July 27.
Thanks Cheryl. Looking forward to seeing you at the Rendezvous. Please go to the calendar on this site and RSVP.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:35 PM   #14

Missouri
Calendar to RSVP????

Hi Thom, we don't know how to find much on this site. We've spent 30 minutes looking for the calendar where we can RSVP but no luck. Can you provide some guidance. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2018, 09:38 PM   #15

Missouri
Rally Calendar for RSVP Found

Hi again Thom, you can disregard our previous post as we just found it. Thx!
Old 01-17-2018, 09:39 PM   #16

Missouri
Found it!
Old 01-18-2018, 01:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Collier View Post
Hi Thom, we don't know how to find much on this site. We've spent 30 minutes looking for the calendar where we can RSVP but no luck. Can you provide some guidance. Thanks!
On the top of this page is a blue bar. Just right of center on that blue bar there is the link to the calendar. The calendar will come up in January 2018. Scroll down to the bottom of the January page. On the right near the bottom is a box “Jump to Month” select July click on “Go”. You need to be logged in to see the events on the calendar. On July 23rd click on “Rocky Mtn Egg Rendezvous” scroll down to near the bottom and there should be a spot to RSVP. I can't see it anymore because I have already submitted my RSVP. Hope this gets you there.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:30 PM   #18

Name: Dave
Colorado
We are camping with family later in the week in Red Feather or Long Draw so we will extend our trip a bit and join in the fun!

Wife and I and a 13ft scamp
the_fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:56 AM   #19

Name: Francie
Missouri
We are planning to be there. Site#5.
Francie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #20

Trailer: Escape
Colorado Rally

Thom, we would like to be included if space for another 17' egg.
Jack 520-730-5771
Jack Allen is offline   Reply With Quote