CO 2018, July 23-26: Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-14-2018, 04:43 PM   #21

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Thom, just to make clarification, let me ask this. Am I correct in understanding that those who wish to have their own individual campsite will reserve it at recreation.gov, but those who want to be in the group site you've reserved merely RSVP to you at http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/c...=2018-7-23&c=1 as described earlier in the thread?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:53 AM   #22

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Thom, just to make clarification, let me ask this. Am I correct in understanding that those who wish to have their own individual campsite will reserve it at recreation.gov, but those who want to be in the group site you've reserved merely RSVP to you at http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/c...=2018-7-23&c=1 as described earlier in the thread?
That is correct. There is no deadline. The Group site will be first come first serve. I'm not sure how many rigs it can hold, hopefully it will be large enough for all who show and want to be in the Group site. I'm planning on going there with different camping group that has it reserved the end of May and should know more then. A RSVP is not required but gives us a better idea how many to expect.
Thom Rowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:17 AM   #23

More information on the group site. We now have the group site until Friday July 27th.
Maximum group size is 100 people. Site has parking area which will generally accommodate 25 passenger cars or 10 RVs or any combination as long as the vehicles fit on the paved surface and tent camping for 30 people The site also has 2 fire grills, 8 outdoor picnic tables and direct access to volleyball court (provide your own net and ball), horseshoe pits and small playground. Check-in 2 p.m., check-out 1 p.m. The facility includes pay showers and covered pavilion (with electrical outlet). Maximum Vehicle Length:50'
Old 04-22-2018, 11:22 AM   #24

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Update

Hi Thom
Thanks for the update. We’re planning to attend and have reserved a spot in the regular campground as we thought we’d like the electrical service and also allow more folks to be in the “Group” area. When we attended the rally near Durango, we really enjoyed the first night social and the review of activities available in the area by those who were familiar. We’re looking forward to this rally and are ready to help on pot luck setup duty, firewood acquisition, or whatever else might help. I think I can come up with a volleyball net if needed, let me know. I didn’t say I was a playa.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:56 AM   #25

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Escape 21
Tennessee
Thom,
I visited Mountain Park campground briefly yesterday. In an earlier post you stated you were going to be there end of May (so that has passed).

I didn't realize I should be doing detailed recon, so didn't pay real close attention. But now I re-read this thread and wish I had paid closer attention or talked to the camp host.

It seems like the only place to put trailers in the group site area is on the paved parking lot itself. The large grassy area to the west of the volleyball sand pit is an open area, suitable for a bunch of tents, but not available for parking RVs.
jking1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking1224 View Post
Thom,
I visited Mountain Park campground briefly yesterday. In an earlier post you stated you were going to be there end of May (so that has passed).

I didn't realize I should be doing detailed recon, so didn't pay real close attention. But now I re-read this thread and wish I had paid closer attention or talked to the camp host.

It seems like the only place to put trailers in the group site area is on the paved parking lot itself. The large grassy area to the west of the volleyball sand pit is an open area, suitable for a bunch of tents, but not available for parking RVs.
I was at the Mountain Park group camp site over Memorial weekend. I've been busy and haven't had time to post.
Yes it is a parking lot. We figure we could fit about 20 trailers and their TV's. The campground hosts also told us we could the basket ball court and overflow parking area if we need to. There is a stone shelter for our use, it is quite a bit cooler in it than outside so it's a good place to escape the heat. There is a pit toilet there. Also Potable water but you can't fill your trailer tank, just containers. I suppose you could use containers to transfer to your rig's tank. There is also a pit for camp fires. There are some tent pads near the fire pit.
No cell service in the campground.
About 8 miles west is Rustic where there is a small store, mostly souvenirs but a few necessities. Also some fishing equipment. There is also the Glen Echo Restaurant. We had some of their hamburgers which were pretty good. They have WIFI there but no cell service.
About 4 miles north on a well maintained dirt road is the Bellaire Campground where I had excellent cell service.
I hope this information helps everyone.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #27

Name: la
Trailer: Parkliner
Colorado
Tried to RSVP for the rally at the reservation site but got a redirect message. Not sure what that means, but here was my message:

"Not knowing if there was room left in the group site, i just reserved an electrical site for Tuesday and Wednesday night.

My husband and I just bought our fiberglass egg 2 weeks ago and we are anxious to try it out. Oddly enough we will be camping at Mountain Park earlier in July.

We are looking forward to our first rally and getting some good tips on fiberglass camping from the pros.

My husband and I will be camping in a 2018 Parkliner at site #14.
ladenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:52 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladenver View Post
Tried to RSVP for the rally at the reservation site but got a redirect message. Not sure what that means, but here was my message:
"Not knowing if there was room left in the group site, i just reserved an electrical site for Tuesday and Wednesday night.
My husband and I just bought our fiberglass egg 2 weeks ago and we are anxious to try it out. Oddly enough we will be camping at Mountain Park earlier in July.
We are looking forward to our first rally and getting some good tips on fiberglass camping from the pros.
My husband and I will be camping in a 2018 Parkliner at site #14.
Sorry the calendar RSVP didn't work for you. Not sure what the problem is.
You will find most of the fiberglass owners very friendly and helpful.
We do not plan many activities as most people like to do things on their own.
We normally have a group camp fire every evening weather permitting and a potluck dinner one evening. You can participate if you like, no pressure, no obligation.
See you soon!
Old 06-28-2018, 08:04 AM   #29

Colorado
Done!

Thanks for the reply. I finally managed to RSVP. I just ignored the rerouting message and apparently my rsvp went through.

See you in July.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:21 AM   #30

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
A friend and I are considering a day trip, I grew up in Fort Collins. In addition to revisiting the Poudre Canyon and Mishawaka. it would be nice to see and perhaps tour various models. We would just be in my car.

I think I saw a Parkliner mentioned. That would be nice to see up close. Any estimates of how many rigs?

We'd probably visit Tuesday, unless there are other suggestions.

Please advise how to visit legitimately, and what we might contribute. Kegs of Coors? I have to drive home. [that is a softball setup]
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:32 PM   #31

Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fixer View Post
We are camping with family later in the week in Red Feather or Long Draw so we will extend our trip a bit and join in the fun!

Wife and I and a 13ft scamp
Wife is changing jobs and will not have any vacation time so we are not going to be able to extend our trip to make the gathering.

Sorry was looking forward to see the other fiberglass campers but not in the cards this year.
the_fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:45 PM   #32

Name: Alane
Trailer: Escape
CO
Looking forward to the rally

This will be my first rally with my new Escape 17B, hatched in June. I rsvped for the rally some time ago and am still planning to stay in the group site.
Looking forward to it!
Alane
Alane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 01:17 PM   #33

Iowa
Tom and Rick
Our sincere thanks for organizing and holding the Rocky Mountain Rendezvous. We had a great time, the location was excellent and the activities were fun. Great scenery, clean facilities, and very reasonable costs. What else is there? We appreciate the work that goes into putting this on and look forward to camping with you again.
Iowa Dave, Rita, Asa, and Jake
Old 07-29-2018, 08:26 PM   #34

Colorado
Ditto

Agreed. Thanks SO much gentlemen for organizing the rendezvous. Our first rally was great fun and my husband and I got a lot of good ideas for our new fiberglass egg.

Thanks also to all the folks that showed us their RV.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:44 PM   #35

Iowa
Backbone of the Earth

There were 24 trailers by my count at the Rocky Mountain Rendezvous which might well be off by a couple
10 Casitas
6 Escapes 3 17s 2 19s and a beat up 21
5 Scamps
2 Egg campers
1 Parkliner
Trailer tours were popular, potluck food excellent as usual, nice campfire every evening. Here’s a few pictures from the rally. Note the proper fire pit, That Chevy Colorado is the proper tow vehicle for a Colorado man with a new 17 Escape with orange graphics. We saw the moose on way to Walden. 2 actually. Lots of parking lot conversations, unique modifications, ideas and experiences exchanged.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
A7FD1DF2-4AA1-480B-90D1-17359B3F8523.jpg   A8C752FC-85E3-4FAE-9CB1-CA10D1C67E29.jpg  

34CDD67E-8A9D-4EC5-8764-52DA9A80198C.jpg   CE58C4B1-35B8-4371-AD27-202C921EEA0F.jpg  

Old 07-29-2018, 08:56 PM   #36

Thanks for the kind words Dave. I hope everyone has as good of a time as I did.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:22 PM   #37

Name: Ray
Trailer: Escape 19’ (had Scamp 16’)
Colorado
I second Iowa Dave’s comments. Thanks Thom & Rick!
ColoradoSwany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:09 PM   #38

Colorado
Sad I was unable to join you it would have been great.

On my way to Red Feather Thursday morning (26th) I passed 2 fiberglass trailers outside of Ft Collins heading south on I-25 an escape and a Casita guessing they we're coming from the rally.
the_fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:04 AM   #39

Name: Bill
Wisconsin
Thanks Rick,Thom, and Greg for organizing the Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous. We had a great time and spent 5 days at that wonderful campground, enjoying the time with the fellow campers, hiking, and relaxing. From there, we went to Cheyenne for the rodeo and then to Custer State Park before returning to Wisconsin. It was because of your rally that we ended up in Colorado. What a wonderful part of the country.
Bill and Sally
HiLo is offline   Reply With Quote