AL 2018, Mar 14-18: Green Eggs and Ham VIII - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #1

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
2018, Mar 14-18: Green Eggs and Ham VIII

The 2018 rally of Green Eggs and Ham VIII will be held at Gunter Hill, Corps of Engineer (COE) Campground on the outskirts of Montgomery, Alabama on Wednesday, March 14th through Sunday March 18th. There will be a lot of green to be seen in Gunter Hill on St Patrick’s Day.

The rally has a new Website that should give you all the information you’ll need to know. Beginning September 8, 2017, the Website will also offer online registration and rig fee payment through PayPal. Please sign up ASAP after open registration so all the Event Masters have a fairly accurate head count for their preparations.

Green Eggs and Ham Website

It’s not about what it is. It’s about what it can become. —Dr. Seuss
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 04:03 PM   #2

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Registry
And the race is on for reservations. We got ours Site 49. Mar 7 to 19. Catoma filling fast.
Skytalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:04 AM   #3

NA
Reservations now open for the Rally

It’s time to make your reservations for Green Eggs and Ham! Sites are getting reserved fast. To get in on the fun, go to Green Eggs and Ham - Alabama Fiberglass Travel Trailer Rally

If you have any questions, please allow at least a few days response time. I’m wandering the Hershey RV show this week in a labyrinth of RVs, and staying in a fish camp without Internet.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:40 AM   #4

Name: Dean
Kentucky
Registry
Hi All,

Laura and are arriving on Monday, March 12th and staying until Monday, March 19th.

We are on site Catoma 10.

We have completed the On-Line Sign Up Form.

We have paid our rig fee via PayPal.

Squared away! Looking forward to the rally.

Take care,

Dean
Old 09-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #5

NA
Thank you Dean and Laura.

It’s happening! We have many rally sign ups coming in. If you haven’t RSVPed and paid a rig fee yet, please realize that several folks are currently at work on the rally and we need your full registration sooner than later.

Budgets for things like your social morning coffee, gumbo feast, chili feast, firewood, welcome bags, etc. are being planned in 2017. The longer you wait to fully register, the less we can plan to accommodate you in the rally.

That’s how event planning rolls, folks. An earlier notice contributes to more participating fun.

Please follow the three simple steps to make this grand event happen. For the many of those of you that have already completed the registration process, THANK YOU!

If you need assistance in completing registration, please contact Jeannine through email, found at: Green Eggs and Ham - Alabama Fiberglass Travel Trailer Rally
Old 09-17-2017, 08:01 PM   #6

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytalker View Post
And the race is on for reservations. We got ours Site 49. Mar 7 to 19. Catoma filling fast.
Hey neighbor, We'll be in Site #46, and Jon Vermilye in #47. See you in March! Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:54 AM   #7

NA

As the rally creeps up on the calendar we’d like to have anyone who hasn’t completed their registration to do so, soon. To give you a heads up, the rig fee will increase in the near future, so get the Early Bird VIP rates while they last.

We just made sign-up even easier by integrating PayPal into the form. To complete your registration, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page: Green Eggs and Ham - Alabama Fiberglass Travel Trailer Rally

If you haven’t made Gunter Hill reservations yet and would like to join us for another fun year, there are approximately 20 sites still available. Get in while you can!

Have the ability to be notified as soon as new rallies are scheduled through RV Compass! Sign up for future rally notifications
Old 11-11-2017, 05:54 PM   #8

NA
Get the Early Bird VIP Status while it lasts!

In less than one month’s time, the rally registration fee will rise significantly. Following a few weeks after the registration hike, THE REGISTRATION WILL BE CLOSED.

Get in now, or exclude yourself from this magnificent green scene of egg folk.

There is a communal gravitation toward this extraordinary event that creates a production of busy hands to make the 8th annual rally happen. Fence sitters will soon fall off in the direction they choose.

To-date, the following sites are booked for the rally weekend, but we don’t have your RSVP yet:
Catoma Loop: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 23, 25, 26, 28, 29, 31, 32, 34, 38, 39, 43, 44, 45, 50, 51, 55, 62, 66, 68, 69
Antioch Loop: 76, 83, 84, 88, 94, 95, 97, 100, 101, 104-110, 113, 114, 117, 128, 132-136, 138-140, 142

If you plan on being a part of the rally, please RSVP ASAP! Otherwise, the additional rally fees will be earmarked for admin for future attendee inefficiency costs. As Mayor Shorty specifies the fee hike justification, “Risk Mitigation”.

Also to-date, the few following sites in Antioch Loop are still open for the rally dates. Reserve one while it lasts:
85, 86, 87

Whether you have no RSVP with your reserved site or you’re just getting in on the last few sites available, become an instant supportive participant at:
Green Eggs and Ham - Alabama Fiberglass Travel Trailer Rally
Old 11-22-2017, 06:49 PM   #9

NA
By The Numbers

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!
As you’re blissfully surfing the Internet in a food-induced state of lethargy, remember to sign up for Green Eggs and Ham if you haven’t done so already.
The rig fee will be increased in just a few weeks, as we make preparations and must lock down head count and budget. REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE prior to the rally if you are on a reserved site.
Reserved sites that still have not fully RSVPed yet: 3, 4, 7, 23, 25, 26, 29, 31, 38, 39, 43, 44, 45, 55, 62, 68, 69, 76, 83, 84, 88, 97, 100, 101, 110, 117, 128, 132, 139

Whip out your credit card (OK, don’t whip it out…gently rollover in slow motion to dig out the wallet) and go to Green Eggs and Ham - Alabama Fiberglass Travel Trailer Rally to make your reservations NOW as you sit idle in that overstuffed chair. Otherwise, listen to your stomach grumble by Mid-March. The budget is tight to feed so many turkey mouths.

As it stands, there are only 7 remaining sites in Antioch for reservations! Get in while you can at the VIP rate and secure your spot if you don’t have a site yet. Open sites are 78, 89, 116, 121, 122, 129, and 141.

If you’re a spontaneous risk-taker who is willing to pay the increased rig fee to join us last minute, there are 19 Walk-In Only sites: 1, 2, 50, 51, 104-109, 113, 114, 133-136, 138, 140, and 142.
We will exclusively accept rally sign-up from the above 19 Walk-In Only site numbers at Gunter Hill (cash only, and at the increased rig fee) no later than March 14th, otherwise, REGISTRATION WILL BE CLOSED! Get on it while you can and good luck…gobble, gobble.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:09 PM   #10

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Tennessee
Registry
Due to health issues, i have cancelled our reservations for site 049 at gunter hill coe. I hope some of our group get the site. Best to everyone.
Skytalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:58 PM   #11

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytalker View Post
Due to health issues, i have cancelled our reservations for site 049 at gunter hill coe. I hope some of our group get the site. Best to everyone.
So sorry to hear that Maynard & Jacquie. You'll be greatly missed this year. Wish you the best and your in our thoughts and prayers.
We just received a new reservation for your cancelled site. Thanks for letting everyone know.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #12

NA
All your planning paid off

The VIP early birds for Green Eggs and Ham are now official. As of today, registration is still open, but the rig fee rate has increased to $20 and is only accepted via PayPal (pay as a guest if you don't have an account) on the rally Website sign-up page, Green Eggs and Ham - Alabama Fiberglass Travel Trailer Rally

Just like Santa’s busy elves, we’ve got some planning to do now! Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. Green Eggs and Ham is just around the calendar corner and we’re busy at work to make it the best yet.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:43 AM   #13

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Got site 83 for 3/12-15 and 129 for 3/16-18 - looks like pickings are slim now.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:58 AM   #14

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
I'll be in site 47, the 12th - 19th in a 2017 Escape 21.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:11 PM   #15

Name: Mike and Donna
Trailer: Escape
Texas
We will be in site 30 with our 2017 Escape 19. looking forward to meeting everyone at the rally. If memory serves me correctly we will be their from the 12th to the 19th as well.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #16

Name: Harriett
Trailer: In the market
Georgia
Can someone who is just curious about fiberglass rv's come and just observe and talk with the members? I am very curious about it all and would like to find out more about them & it's close to where I live.
hpfaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:22 AM   #17

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfaff View Post
Can someone who is just curious about fiberglass rv's come and just observe and talk with the members? I am very curious about it all and would like to find out more about them & it's close to where I live.
Absolutely! Of course, talking about & touring fiberglass trailers is contagious; you might just find yourself owning one soon, and become the next one offering talks & tours...

I'll be in site 47 with a new Escape 21.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:57 PM   #18

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
The park is federal, Army Corp of Engineers, and will charge you a visitor's $5.00 per vehicle day pass, but other than that, come on! I've never met a fiberglass RV owner who wouldn't talk your leg off showing you their rig - provided they've had time to make up the bed and clean the galley after breakfast.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #19

NA
Quote:
Hi Harriett,
As War Eagle stated, there is a $5. per car/day visitor fee into the recreation area.
We'll probably have 2 days for an "Egg Parade," otherwise known as an open house for trailers, so people like yourself have a good opportunity to visit. There are two campground loops in the rec area, and we're doing one loop a day. You can come one or both days to talk with as many owners as you'd like.

If you send me a private message with your email, I'll add you to the list for the schedule of events. The schedule will be available Mid-February.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:39 AM   #20

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
Absolutely! Of course, talking about & touring fiberglass trailers is contagious; you might just find yourself owning one soon, and become the next one offering talks & tours...

I'll be in site 47 with a new Escape 21.
Jon, when will you be getting there? We are not going for the rally, but will be coming in on Wednesday the 7th and leaving Sunday the 11th. I know that at least two other Escape's will be there also (a 17B and 5.0TA). We will be in site 40.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote