UT 2018, May 10-29: Southern Utah Tour - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #41

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
After discussion with the wife as to whether to send in an email I had ready to go, we decided to stick with going to the Escape Trailer Rally, which we have attended yearly since it's inception, now going into it's 9th year.

Don, is there any thought to doing something like this at another time of year, heck even a week difference, as it really sounds like something we would love to do. We have seen some of what Utah has to offer, but just know there is so much more, and would love to receive guidance from someone like you that knows it so well.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #42

Name: Cheryl
Trailer: Scamp
Missouri
We were ready to send our email at midnight. Then my husband questioned being away from home that long since we already have a 7 week trip right before it. He misses his wood shop when we are gone. In the end we agreed to put this trip off for another year. Hope you all have a wonderful time and maybe we can join you in the future.
Cheryl Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:17 PM   #43

Trailer: 96 Casita Spirit Delux 16 ft
Jim
Do you think we could get a few folks together that would be interested? Southern Utah during summer in a hot year can be quite warm. Might be doable in late August and / or early September. Maybe a smaller group. We can talk about it.
Don
Doninut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:25 PM   #44

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doninut View Post
Jim
Do you think we could get a few folks together that would be interested? Southern Utah during summer in a hot year can be quite warm. Might be doable in late August and / or early September. Maybe a smaller group. We can talk about it.
Don
Tongue in cheek
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:33 PM   #45

Registry
Quote:
Jim
Don
I hear you about hot, Don. 3 years ago we went to Bryce and Zion in early October, and while Bryce was not too bad with at least nighttime temps dropping nice, Zion was quite hot, though we survived fine even without A/C.

I would bet there are plenty of folks that would be interested, no matter when it was done. There are likely many more like me that would love to see more, and be shown by someone who knows the areas well.

Did you get a good response to this tour?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-01-2017, 06:21 PM   #46

Jim
Yes, we had an excellent response. Registration opened at midnight and twenty five applicants posted prior to 12:01. We take the first 15 to fill the slots and 5 more alternates. Hate to turn away all the rest of those diligent folks but I can't think of a more fair way to do it.

Utah weather can be extreme in the summer sometime. The area of Zion Cyn NP had highs of 110 - 112 degrees F for what seemed like weeks on end this summer. Salt Lake City had many days of 100 degrees. One of the main reasons we do the SUT in May is that the weather is usually warm but not HOT. About three years ago when we were researching this version of the SUT we did it with some friends in June or July and the temperature was very comfortable. September seems like a better chance of more mild weather if we were to attempt something like this.
Of course Betsy doesn't know about our topic and she might well want to visit with her family in Massachusetts. She is such a great wife I would hate to disappoint her.
Don
Old 11-02-2017, 10:16 AM   #47
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
It's harder to get in than what you think

I sent my email at 12 midnight the second the clocked turned and I did not get in. Perhaps a second trip could be planned, although with so much interested, it may be hard to get into that one as well.

I'm in if there is interest in another trip. Maybe Don is willing to share the itinerary so a second trip can be planned with others that are interested?
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #48

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by tua View Post
I sent my email at 12 midnight the second the clocked turned and I did not get in. Perhaps a second trip could be planned, although with so much interested, it may be hard to get into that one as well.

I'm in if there is interest in another trip. Maybe Don is willing to share the itinerary so a second trip can be planned with others that are interested?
I did Don's trip last year and it was fabulous. I tried for a repeat this year, but the 15 spots fill up really quickly and I was not quick enough with the send button. I would like to do this again in 2018.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:38 PM   #49

Registry
Quote:
Jim
Yes, we had an excellent response. Registration opened at midnight and twenty five applicants posted prior to 12:01. We take the first 15 to fill the slots and 5 more alternates. Hate to turn away all the rest of those diligent folks but I can't think of a more fair way to do it.

Utah weather can be extreme in the summer sometime. The area of Zion Cyn NP had highs of 110 - 112 degrees F for what seemed like weeks on end this summer. Salt Lake City had many days of 100 degrees. One of the main reasons we do the SUT in May is that the weather is usually warm but not HOT. About three years ago when we were researching this version of the SUT we did it with some friends in June or July and the temperature was very comfortable. September seems like a better chance of more mild weather if we were to attempt something like this.
Of course Betsy doesn't know about our topic and she might well want to visit with her family in Massachusetts. She is such a great wife I would hate to disappoint her.
Don
Don, seeing you are putting in the effort for this tour, you have every right to determine what is a fair way to select participants.

I would be all for doing it in as cool of weather as possible, because being Canadian I melt in too much heat.

If you were to do this anytime that did not include the last full weekend of May, Lisa and I would be all over it.

And yes, Betsy's concern's and consideration is paramount to you doing this. You have to take care of your own before others.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:21 PM   #50

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Yes, I am ready to sign up. May 10th 2018. Where is the start location? Where to
send the $20? Bob Curran, 18' Bigfoot, Explorer Scout 4X4.
Bob Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:20 AM   #51

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2005 Casita 17 LD
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Curran View Post
Yes, I am ready to sign up. May 10th 2018. Where is the start location? Where to
send the $20? Bob Curran, 18' Bigfoot, Explorer Scout 4X4.
Bob Curran,

You may need to read the thread from the beginning. The trip is full for 2018. Pay attention in October 2018 for the 2019 trip, if Don offers.
PC Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:44 AM   #52

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Steve View Post
Bob Curran,

You may need to read the thread from the beginning. The trip is full for 2018. Pay attention in October 2018 for the 2019 trip, if Don offers.
Thanks Steve..
Bob Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:43 PM   #53

Southern Utah Tour Movie

For some of you who wanted to go on the tour, you might be interested in viewing a great movie made about it. It was made by Steve and Judy, a great talented couple were on the tour.

Please go to either Facebook or You Tube and do a search for "2018 Southern Utah Tour". They got a lot of the story in this movie.

Don
Old 09-08-2018, 10:30 PM   #54

Name: Josh & Sonya
Trailer: '97 Casita SD 17; 03 Bigfoot 25RQ
Arizona
2018 Utah trip

Quote:
For some of you who wanted to go on the tour, you might be interested in viewing a great movie made about it. It was made by Steve and Judy, a great talented couple were on the tour.

Please go to either Facebook or You Tube and do a search for "2018 Southern Utah Tour". They got a lot of the story in this movie.

Don

Thanks for sharing, Don, Steve and Judy. Looks like it was a great trip, as expected.
Josh
Josh and Sonya W is offline   Reply With Quote