NH 2018, May 17-20: Spring Fling in New England, in Chocorua NH - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2017, 06:01 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
2018, May 17-20: Spring Fling in New England, in Chocorua NH

Our 2nd year at hosting at Chocorua Camping Village, KOA, in the White Mountains and Lake region of New Hampshire, will be set for May 17 through the 20th.
The rates rally members get, depending on how many sites we can fill, will still be almost half of the normal rate at:
20 - 30 sites, $42/prime & $53/ Deluxe waterfront;
30 - 40 sites, $38/ prime & $49/ Deluxe;
over 40 sites, $33/prime & $44/Deluxe

They will take reservations NOW for this event and remember to tell the person or if making reservation on line that your making it for the Spring Fling Rally so we can keep count and get the best discount.

See Picts of last years rally from link at the end of last years Spring Fling Post.
A Great time was had by all.
Looking forward to seeing all the great people from last year and more Camping friends at our 2nd yearly event in 2018.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:00 AM   #2

Dum-Dum me forgot to leave Reservation tell. numbers.
Campground # 603-323-8536
Or 888-237-8642
Remember to state that you with the Spring Fling group so we can keep a count and go to the FGRV Calendar for May of 2018 and let me know if you'll be attending.
Your Hos-t- Gerry
Old 08-30-2017, 02:09 PM   #3

Name: Craig
Trailer: Casita
Maine
Registered - site #36 is where we will shine & show!
Peace,
Craig
MaineGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:28 PM   #4

Please All who make reservation...go to the Rally Calendar for May 2018 and place your name on the Attend Line at bottom of Page.
Thanks, Gerry
Old 09-01-2017, 07:14 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
I just booked Site 45 for my new Escape 21, and Site 47 for my friend's Scamp 16. This will be our second year...
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:32 AM   #6

Great Jon, I am up to Chocorua Camping Village as I write this and thinking about talking to the owner about a seasonal site, it's such a great place.
I do hope we have as good and even better turn out this coming year.
Everyone love your pictures of last years Rally and maybe your could take some of the 2nd annual Spring Fling in New England.
Also if you want could you put a link on the thread to the pictures of last years rally. I think it would be a great advertisement and also do I have your permission to post them on other sites?
Thanks your host
Gerry
Old 09-02-2017, 10:31 AM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Here is a shortcut (link) to the photos from the 2017 rally.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:36 AM   #8

Big thanks for Jon for the wonderful job he did taking the photos last year and posting the link.
Already thinking and planning for some new and fun ideas for the 2nd annual rally. I am Campground this weekend to get some of the details in line for next May.
Last years success has set the bar to strive for in 2018 but with the group we had last year and all new "Spring Flingers" I know it will be hard not to top it.
Again I am going to extend the invite to all camper, even non owners of campers, who are just interested in our elite group of Fiberglass owners and/or vintage campers

Barb and I are off, in our 79 Boler "Miss Ladybug" on a mini vacation in a few days to mid-state Maine for a few nights so won't be on-line but will catch up next weekend.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #9

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Registry
How many total campers did you have in 2017?
Skytalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:30 PM   #10

Last year we had 27 campsites sold + about 6 guests that came in for the "Shine and Show". The owner gave us a real good deal with almost a 40% discount on all sites.
The base prices have raised a bit this year, but if we make the numbers of sites sold, it is well worth the price for a KOA Campground.
The campground has store on site, free showers, clean restrooms, heated indoor rec-hall, outside pavilion (wind shields have been installed this year), water/electric and sewer on all sites, Free Wi-Fi, and friendly staff to help with any needs one may need.
Let me know if you want to know any other particulars.
Gerry
Old 09-22-2017, 03:40 AM   #11

Great news the campground is installing wind panels on the pavilion and also may have a wood-fired Pizza oven up and running for us next May.
Remember to get your reservations early so you can be sure to get a site. The are taking them now and remember to tell them your with the Spring Fling in New England group.
Gerry
Old 09-24-2017, 10:12 AM   #12

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Want to come but may not be able to

I day tripped to the Spring Fling this year and had a great time seeing all the trailers. I was in the planning/shopping stage at that point but in 3 weeks I pick up my brand new Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe! I'm planning a 6 week tour of the south eastern states next spring and I may not be able to swing more time off from work for the spring fling. I hope that I'll be able to but won't know until next spring.

Sue
supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercorgi View Post
I day tripped to the Spring Fling this year and had a great time seeing all the trailers. I was in the planning/shopping stage at that point but in 3 weeks I pick up my brand new Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe! I'm planning a 6 week tour of the south eastern states next spring and I may not be able to swing more time off from work for the spring fling. I hope that I'll be able to but won't know until next spring.

Sue
Sue, I remember you, so glade you had such a great time last year even though it was just for a day.
Congrats on your new Casita.
Do wish you could make it even if just for the week-end so you could show off your new camper.
A lot more postings and reservations will come in as we get closer to the big 2018 event.
Hope to see you there.
Gerry
Old 09-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #14

Hey all potential Spring Flingers,
Just got a personal message asking if one would need to request a special site for the Rally. The answer is no but if you want to be close to the group go look at the map of campground and try to get any site from 28 to 58 and any site around the store or Pavilion area.
These sites go fast so early reservations are recommended and mention your with the group for the Spring Fling Rally.
Link to campground Map (hope this works) I'm sure you'll let me know.
https://www.chocoruacamping.com/campground-map

Hope to see all of last years group and some new friends this coming year.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #15

Name: Mike
Trailer: Trillium
New Hampshire
Registry
Reserved our spot #28 for the Spring Fling. Will be there Friday night Trillium 1300 in tow. Just doing Friday and Saturday night. Can't wait for spring! Mike & Brenda, Pittsfield, NH.
msinger919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:35 AM   #16

Hey Mike, Glad your going to make it, even just for a couple of nights. At least you'll be there for the "Shine & Show" and the Pot Luck.
Yea, with the weather so mild, it seems that we should be still camping for a month or so and I to am sad to think about putting the Boler away for the winter.
The "Kanc" in the White Mt. National Forest use to let people camp all winter long and another couple and us use to go up once a week, 52 weeks a year.
Had a roaring fire and many a laugh when wind would blow a chair or the E-Z up would almost catch-a-fire while we had the flames licking so high to keep warm.
Spring will be hear before we know it.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:50 PM   #17

New Hampshire
Registry
Thanks Gerry, see you there!
Old 10-10-2017, 05:49 PM   #18

Just can not bring myself to put the Boler into hibernation yet and may go to some of my old haunts in NH or Maine to have a few more mini vacations before the long winter sets in.
Been getting ideas for the 2018 Spring Rally and working with friends who already have a site, this year will be better (if that can be) then last year.
If any of last years attend-ies have any ideas, Please let me know.
Gerry
Old 10-10-2017, 07:30 PM   #19

New Hampshire
Registry
Not too many camping days left this year, but my Trillium should be warmer now that I re-hung the door!
Old 10-13-2017, 06:46 AM   #20

Name: Jeff
Maine
Just registered on site # 48 with a 1981 trillium 4500 see ya in may
jroh88_1969 is offline   Reply With Quote