SD 2019, Aug 25-Sep 1: Inyan 2019 – A South Dakota Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2018, 04:21 PM   #1

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
2019, Aug 25-Sep 1: Inyan 2019 – A South Dakota Rally

Inyan 2019 – A South Dakota Rally

August 25th – September 1st 2019

Inhale the fertile earth
Sense the wind on your face
Witness the quiver of nature
Listen to the rumbling in the distance
There will soon come an extraordinary gathering…

It will take place in the Black Hills and Rapid City area of South Dakota.
As we continue to work on the details, get event updates and information on the Inyan website:

http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/index.html
Attached Images

Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:41 PM   #2

NA

Registration and information on Inyan is now here! This new rolling rally is packed with regional activities. Take advantage of two camps along the Black Hills—on the southern and northern borders—to maximize your time.

For registration, travel guide links and rally information, go to:
Old 02-18-2019, 11:45 AM   #3

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2010 scamp 13ft
Tennessee
Just wondering if you have any takers on this rally.
msawil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:27 PM   #4

Name: Laura
Trailer: Escape 21' 2nd Gen, picked up on Black Friday 2016
Washington
I signed up for it! I was planning on heading that direction around that same time anyway, so figured this would be fun to check out. Last year I just zipped through there as I was at the tail end of a trip and wanted to get home. Now it'll be at the beginning (well, two weeks in) and I'll have more time to explore. Gotta find those Mustang horses, you know!

Afterwards I'm heading over to Chicago to do some exploring and then down to the KS rally (after some other stops beforehand), with some more wandering around until I hit the Buffalo Round Up at Custer State Park the end of September. Really looking forward to that event! And I found a tour company out of Rapid City that runs coach buses to the south viewing point.

https://mountrushmoretours.com/

They come in a back way so you don't have to mess with the long traffic lines. Nor do you have to wait in line for the port-a-potties as they have a toilet on the bus, which will be easily accessed during the Round Up. Score! Afterwards we tour the Crazy Horse Monument and Mt Rushmore.

www.UnderKittySupervision.com
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:03 PM   #5

Name: Richard
Trailer: Escape 21
Texas
We are planning on signing up, but we need to make sure. Hopefully there will be room in April when we can firm up our other plans.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:58 PM   #6

Name: Sharon
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
Wisconsin
Rally still happening?

This would be a good trip for our EggCamper! Where do I find more info on this?
Sharon in WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:06 PM   #7

Name: Richard
Trailer: Escape 21
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon in WI View Post
This would be a good trip for our EggCamper! Where do I find more info on this?

There is a link in the first post.

BTW We have signed up.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:27 PM   #8

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
There is a link in the first post.

BTW We have signed up.
Good for you Richard, looks like we'll have a few Escapes, three now that I know of, yours, Laura from WA, and ours. Looking forward to seeing the Black Hills as we've never been.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #9

Name: Laura
Trailer: Escape 21' 2nd Gen, picked up on Black Friday 2016
Washington
Nor have I and I'm looking forward to it. Last year I stayed with a friend in Wall SD (and went to the drugstore as she works there - once was enough!) and went to the Badlands one day. That was nice, although it was super stinking hot that day in early June.

After this rally, I'm heading elsewhere and then back to the same area at the end of Sept for the Buffalo Round Up at Custer State Park. Really looking forward to that. Staying in Rapid City and taking a tour bus to the round up.

www.UnderKittySupervision.com
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #10

NA
Only Two Weeks Left!

During the last weekend of April we’ll be sending all registered Inyan participants an email with the details to set up an account and register for the first campground, located on the south end of the Black Hills.

That email is about two weeks away.

If you want to join us please go to the rally Website to register and get more information. http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html
Participants have already been making reservations at Rush No More RV Resort and Campground, our 2nd location for the rally.

When we shift to our north camp on Wednesday, Aug. 28th, Rush No More Campground will have the food hot, beer garden open and from 6:30-8:30 or 9pm, we’ll be greeted by a local acoustical music jam session at the beer garden.

For those still on the fence, we’ll publicly announce reservations for the 1st campground in the 3-month reservation window (end of May) for the first day of the event (August 25th). Want in early and to stay in the loop? Then register by April 26th!

We’re continuing to develop events and will have the official schedule about 1 month prior to the rally. See the website for further information and area attraction links.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:00 PM   #11

NA
Last Day

Today is the last day to sign-up for advanced registration details for the Sept 25-28 campground. http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html

There are 2 campgrounds to register for; we’re a rolling rally.

Details made public at the end of May for the 1st campground.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:22 AM   #12

Name: Robert
Trailer: scamp
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
Today is the last day to sign-up for advanced registration details for the Sept 25-28 campground. http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html

There are 2 campgrounds to register for; we’re a rolling rally.

Details made public at the end of May for the 1st campground.
Are those dates right? SEPTEMBER?
R Wilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:57 AM   #13

NA
Rally Dates

Thanks on the typo! Even editors need editors...

First campground is AUGUST 25th-28th. Second campground (Rush-No-More RV Resort) is AUGUST 28th- SEPTEMBER 1st.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:31 AM   #14

NA
reservation window now open

The SD state park reservation window is now open for rally dates, and you can come early if desired. Note that most sites fill up in Angostura Recreation Area within a week of their reservation opening, so we encourage you to sign up ASAP.

To attend the event, register with Inyan ($25 rig fee) and receive further reservation details: Register Here

If you have not made reservations yet for the second half of the rally, then please refer to the Inyan Website on how to book with Rush-No-More RV Resort.
http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html

The schedule of events will be emailed to registrants about a month before the rally. Please check out the resourceful links our website to help you plan a monumental South Dakota visit!
Old 07-07-2019, 10:10 PM   #15

NA
Itinerary Input Requested

If you signed up for Inyan, then you should have received an email today with a link to a checklist form to let us know what your interests are.

We're currently compiling the rally itinerary, and we'll have an information-packed event!

If you haven't registered yet, it's not too late. A few sites are still open in the first lakefront campground, and the second campground, Rush-No-More RV Resort, still has several sites, musicians and a beer garden waiting our arrival. Sign up for the rally and get the current details!

Rally Website: http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html
Old 07-22-2019, 01:38 PM   #16

NA
Last Week to sign-up for rally

On July 29th the registration will close for Inyan. If you’re interested in attending this remarkable rally, please register on the rally website by Sunday, July 28th.

http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html

The schedule of events will follow for participants after registration closes.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:38 AM   #17

NA
Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Custer State Park

Be a part of the South Dakota Game, Fish & Parks 100 years of outdoor traditions and celebrations!

Only during the Inyan Rally weekend, The Black Hills Playhouse and Black Hills Energy, in association with TigerLion Arts, presents Nature, an outdoor walking play celebrating the dynamic connection between humanity and the natural world in five performances from Thursday, August 29 through Sunday, September 1.

Learn more about this once-in-a-lifetime event: https://www.blackhillsplayhouse.com/nature
Old 08-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #18

NA
Exciting News!

For those of you who are arriving at least a day early for Inyan, you’ll be here for a major festival just a few miles up the road from the campground. It’s the annual Fall River Hot Air Balloon Festival. The aerial show of balloons, gliders, skydivers will be at the nearby airport, and a full weekend of fun activities are planned in downtown Hot Springs!
Learn more about the event: https://www.fallriverballoonfest.com/

Get the full event schedule here:
https://www.fallriverballoonfest.com/schedule

More about the town of Hot Springs:
Hot Springs, SD - Soak in Hot Springs

I’ll be on the road starting Wednesday, August 14th, so Internet access will be infrequent at best. I’ll see Inyan attendees soon and will be back online around the first week of September.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #19

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
There’s a pretty nice grocery store in Hot Springs and a good little hospital too. I’ve visited both and bought a nice ham at the grocery store.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:06 PM   #20

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
There’s a pretty nice grocery store in Hot Springs and a good little hospital too. I’ve visited both and bought a nice ham at the grocery store.
Iowa Dave

Thanks Dave. I've got Sonny's Super Foods pegged for the Angostura info board at the rally, and Grocery Mart for Sturgis when we move to the North Camp.

Hopefully none of us have to visit the hospitals, but good to hear it's a decent facility.

Tags
rally