AZ 2019, Feb 4-10: Quartzsite Gathering 2019 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2018, 04:53 AM   #41

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Steve
There are showers in Quartzsite at the laundromats.
Thanks, I was wondering about that. Are they busy? What's the best time to not fight the crowd? How about expense?
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 07:31 AM   #42

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
Thanks, I was wondering about that. Are they busy? What's the best time to not fight the crowd? How about expense?
I never used them last year, as with no hair a sponge bath does me well (either that or a real quick shower in the trailer), but my wife did twice as she uses a lot more water to wash her abundant hair. They cost $8, which includes freshly cleaned towels and they wipe down the showers after every use. She said they were very clean and was quite pleased with using them. Both times I took her she seemed to get in quickly and we never really thought about timing.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:38 AM   #43

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I never used them last year, as with no hair a sponge bath does me well (either that or a real quick shower in the trailer), but my wife did twice as she uses a lot more water to wash her abundant hair. They cost $8, which includes freshly cleaned towels and they wipe down the showers after every use. She said they were very clean and was quite pleased with using them. Both times I took her she seemed to get in quickly and we never really thought about timing.
That's good to know. This year we will be bringing the Bonaire Oxygen and amongst its many quirks it has no shower and what amounts to a 6' piece of 4" black pipe as a waste tank. Not a problem if you have hook ups but not the best for boondocking.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #44

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I usually hit the Main Street Laundromat & Showers for a shower while my clothes are in the dryer. I've never seen them all taken, and as Jim mentioned, they supply a towel, washcloth, soap & shampoo (although I prefer my own soap & shampoo - the stuff they supply is economy motel style). They have a 20 minute limit, although I've never seen anyone chase someone out.

I haven't been to any of the other laundromats to check if they have showers, but there is a Pilot & Loves truck stop in town, both of which usually have showers, although more expensive.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:37 PM   #45

Name: Corey
Trailer: looking for a bigfoot!
California
Does anyone come to the rally looking to sell their trailer? I'm looking for a Bigfoot, which I know are the minority compared to Scamps/ Casitas. My family and I had planned to attend to check out different campers/ layouts, but also with the hope of maybe even taking one home! Just curious if anyone has sold their trailer at one of these before. Thanks!
theREDwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:46 PM   #46

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by theREDwonder View Post
Does anyone come to the rally looking to sell their trailer? I'm looking for a Bigfoot, which I know are the minority compared to Scamps/ Casitas. My family and I had planned to attend to check out different campers/ layouts, but also with the hope of maybe even taking one home! Just curious if anyone has sold their trailer at one of these before. Thanks!
I have seen one or two at the Q that had a for sale sign on it. Probably not the norm but.......
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:02 PM   #47

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I've never seen one for sale and pickup at a rally. I did arrange to sell my Bigfoot at Pineknot, but for later delivery.

Walt
Old 12-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #48

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
2019 Quartzsite Gathering - Update

2019 Quartzsite Gathering Hosts: Scamp Owners International

Dates: Feb 4th-10th

February 4th to 7th - Early bird Quartzsite Pre-Gathering (Mon thru Thurs)
February 8th to 10th - Main Event (Friday thru Sunday)
If you can attend the Main Gathering, the Pre-Gathering, or the entire Quartzsite Gathering we’d love to have you come and enjoy the good times. Some even stay longer for a Post-Gathering if you’re so inclined.

Where: Same location as always, Dome Rock area, Quartzsite Arizona. Approx. 5 miles west of Quartzsite on I-10, south side of highway next to the frontage road.

MAP OF QUARTZSITEGATHERING LOCATION(link is external)

GPS: 33.643617,-114.304752

Who Can Attend: Owners of all Molded Fiberglass Trailers brands - Casita, Scamp, Escape, Burro, U-haul, Bigfoot, Lil’ Snoozy, Compact Jr., Trillium, Boler, Parkliner, Eggcamper, Perris Pacer, etc. This gathering has always been, and will continue to be, a melting pot of all molded fiberglass trailer brands. Even SOB's (Some Other Brands including "stickies.") are welcome to attend.

Registration: There is no pre-registration, as this is free BLM land. We will have a registration table at the Host Trailer in the main loop. Make sure you stop by the Host Trailer because not only do we want to meet you, the first 250 registrations will receive a FREE 2019 Quartzsite Gathering 12th year button! (Our Canadian friends called this a Pin)

Camping: Free BLM 14-day dry camping (no facilities) on hard packed dirt. Market, water and dump station are all located in Quartzsite, 5 miles to the east. This is “Boondocking” with no hookups. If you are unfamiliar with how to setup your trailer for Boondocking you can read theses excellent resources on Boondocking.

What to Bring: Full Water Tank, Extra Water stored in Tow Vehicle, Empty Gray and Black Tanks, Generator or Solar Charging options, flashlight to see as you walk at night, Hot Dogs-buns-sides-roasting stick for the Wiener Roast, a dessert for the dessert event, and firewood (optional).

BLM Permit: A BLM permit must be obtained and displayed on your trailer. These are available free of charge from the BLM host trailer located a mile or two from town on the frontage road.

Campfires: Campfires are allowed. Please bring some firewood if you can help out for the central campfire. We will have central fire pit with activities on Friday and Saturday night.

Generators: Generators are OK, however quiet ones are even better. Please try not to run them too early or late. Respect your fellow campers.

Check-in Check-out times – None. Come in and leave when you want to. Maximum stay in this area is 14 days. Best of all there is no bill and nothing owed when you leave!

Pets: All pets must be kept on a leash while within the camp area. You are responsible for cleanup and sanitary disposal of your pet’s waste.

Trash: You are responsible for your trash. We only leave footprints when we depart. Trash may be dropped off at the landfill for free Sunday through Wednesday at this location: Quartzsite Transfer Station Location: 2 1/2 miles N of Quartzsite on Hwy 95, West Side, Quartzsite, AZ 85346

Activities and more details to come as we get closer...... No Soup event this year, we are changing. Do not bring a can of soup unless you are eating it in your trailer!
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:13 PM   #49

2019 Quartzsite Button

Big thanks to Jon Vermilye for contributing the photo for our 2019 Button (We did apply some enhancements ), and our Button Master Maker Earl A. First 250 registrants at the gathering will receive the commemorative button.
Attached Thumbnails
Qsite-2019C.jpg  
Old 12-20-2018, 05:41 PM   #50

Registry
Pretty nice button.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:45 PM   #51

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Best button

Jon,

Congrats on the button photo. I'll get there early just for that!
Dave P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:18 AM   #52

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Yeah. Guess I'll have to go so I can get a button.

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:24 AM   #53

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Can't wait to get one myself!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:37 AM   #54

Registry
Since we have discussed the Havasu get together on this thread I'll go ahead and leave this information here.
Upon contacting the Rodeo grounds after finding out that they were sold out this year, Sandy, the gal in charge put me on a wait list for a spot. Last week I was contacted by someone who can no longer make it and I was able to buy their spot. If you are interested in the Havasu get together it is still possible to put your name on a list for a spot and they do contact you if an opening comes up.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:22 PM   #55

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
Can't wait to get one myself!
I'll be there in good time to get mine, Jon.

It sounds like there will be a fair bit bigger gathering this year. The last was our first, and I have heard of a bunch more first timers planning for the next one. Should be lotsa fun.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-26-2018, 06:05 PM   #56

Trailer: 1977 Surfside TM-14
Registry
hi Greg, planning on making it this year(2019). disappointed I could not make it in 2018.
Luc Riezebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:52 PM   #57

Awesome, Luc. We missed you last year, but sometimes things get in the way. Look forward to seeing you again....
Old 12-27-2018, 02:54 PM   #58

Quartzsite Info

FYI, if the Govt shutdown is still going in Feb it will have no impact on the Quartzsite gathering, except our Ranger friends won't be down to kibitz with their favorite group or RV'ers.
So if ur planning on coming it's still business as usual with the gathering.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:39 PM   #59

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
FYI, if the Govt shutdown is still going in Feb it will have no impact on the Quartzsite gathering, except our Ranger friends won't be down to kibitz with their favorite group or RV'ers.
So if ur planning on coming it's still business as usual with the gathering.
Greg, I bet the big question will be about the status of the dump & water fill station.

Jon V. posted on his blog, "the trash dumpsters are overflowing, and there is no toilet paper in the vault toilets."
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:49 PM   #60

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Greg, I bet the big question will be about the status of the dump & water fill station.

Jon V. posted on his blog, "the trash dumpsters are overflowing, and there is no toilet paper in the vault toilets."
There are no facilities at all where the rally is held. Last year we filled water jugs a couple times at a filling station at a fuel station close by at $2 for 5 gallons of filtered water.

We also used a garbage bin at a fuel station after asking when we filled up with fuel, and at a local McDs once too.

No toilets of any type except what you bring.

As directed by the BLM Ranger type guy, grey water could be dispersed of and we just dumped the black at the next campground after leaving the rally.