NH 2019, May 16-20: 2019 Spring Fling in New England - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2018, 06:42 AM   #21

Name: Carol
Trailer: Scamp
New Hampshire
Smile spring fling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Carole I was at the campground all day today and talked to the office and yes, you did register as well as your friend from CT.
That's 2 more registered and gets us closer to the next level for a bigger discount.
Going to be a great time at our 3rd annual Spring Fling.
Gerry
Thanks Gerry. I think I am figuring this thread thing out.
cdadura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:39 PM   #22

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Just spent the last week-end at the campground, lending a had getting the water turned off for winter. There are plans in the works to have a working kitchen area joined to the Pavilion for next season but as we found out about the Pizza Oven plans do change.
The count stands at 29 sites reserved and our goal is at least 40 so we can get the 50% discount on all the sites.
This year we will be adding a few more activities to the already fun fill 3 days from May 16 through the 19.
Sites are full hook up and spacious in a well wooded campground.
Wi-Fi available but I understand there may be trouble with the Cable TV as the cable company wants to go over to digital...we'll see.
Make your RESERVATION NOW!!! because sites will go fast.
Call Office: (603) 323-8536 or (888) 237-8642
Be sure you tell them you coming for the Spring Fling Rally so the office can keep count.

Your Host
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #23

Name: Diane
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 1300
Connecticut
Registry
Spring Fling NH count update

Gerry,
Hope all is well. I was wondering if there is an updated count of how many have signed up for sites at the Spring fling in NH.
Thank you,
Diane
DHolhubner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:48 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHolhubner View Post
Gerry,
Hope all is well. I was wondering if there is an updated count of how many have signed up for sites at the Spring fling in NH.
Thank you,
Diane
Diane, the count as of last week was at 29. Being close to holidays everyone may be busy but I am sure as the Rally gets closer the numbers will pick up. Plenty of good site available if anyone is still on the fence.
go to thread #15 to see Jon's link to his site that documented, in pictures, the past 2 rallies. (thanks again Jon V.)
This year will be another great time for the start of the camping season in the North East!
May 16-19
At Chocorua Camping Village KOA, in New Hampshire
More to come as we get closer.
Your host Gerry
Old 10-30-2018, 07:05 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Made reservations today. posted info. on calendar.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:08 AM   #26

Eddie, Great that you'll be joining us in May. The Rally is a great kick off to a great summer filled with camping and travel.
Looking forward to meeting you.
This will get us up in the count, to the goal of 50 sites this year.
Your Host
Gerry
Old 11-04-2018, 04:40 AM   #27

On Day-light Saving Time:
Only man will cut 1 inch off the bottom of his blanket and sew it onto the top and think he has a longer blanket.

The extra hour of sleep they say we will all get is not true, it just means I woke up an hour earlier.
I am sitting here looking at my desk and thinking how I should "de-clutter" it all and gather all the papers pertaining to the Rally before they all get lost.
Not only that I have more information on 3 different computers. LOL (not funny)
Been busy working on my Casita, installing a new furnace and an AirMax vent.
It has rained for the past week, here in Maine, and these are not jobs one wants to tackle in the rain.
Anyway again want to get it out there that, even though the campground is closed, you all will still be able to make your reservation for the May, 16-19, 2019 Rally by calling the Office or KOA at:
(603) 323-8536 or (888)237-8642
Remember, mention you with the Spring Fling, the more sites we sell the bigger the discount we get.
Numbers now sits at 29 sites sold.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:51 AM   #28

Here is the link Web page to the Campground.
https://chocoruacamping.com/
It has lots of useful information on there for anyone just wanting to know about where the rally is being held.
Enjoy.
Your host
Gerry
Old 11-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #29

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Just registered!

Hi all,

I just registered for the Spring Fling New England! I just bumped the count up to the next level for a discount. I'm really looking forward to this. I attended the 1st one as a spectator (I didn't have my Casita yet) and couldn't go to last years. I have a 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe. Looking forward to meeting all of you!
supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:33 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercorgi View Post
Hi all,

I just registered for the Spring Fling New England! I just bumped the count up to the next level for a discount. I'm really looking forward to this. I attended the 1st one as a spectator (I didn't have my Casita yet) and couldn't go to last years. I have a 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe. Looking forward to meeting all of you!
WOO-HOOO! and BOO HOO,
Boo Hoo because I just covered my campers yesterday and it will be a long, LONG time till we go camping again here in Maine.
Last night got 3 inches of snow and maybe we'll be getting a bigger storm come Friday but heck...if it doesn't start...it can finish.

WOO-HOO! Thank Sue for getting us over the hump to 30 sites sold. She has saved all of us some real $$$.
I got my desk cleared, well almost cleared off, of scraps of paper and can now find all my previous Rally papers so I can start on the Schedule for next May.
There will be all we did last year with a few more additional things to do that some of you have suggested would be fun.

Check when you get a notification to see what will be added.

Reservation can be made at:
(603)-323-8536 or (888) 237-8642

Mention the Spring Fling while making reservation to be counted.

OH yea, just read a thread about Campgrounds that have Doggy Day Care.
The Chocorua Campground KOA has this service for you with pets.
Thanks again Sue
Your Host
Gerry
Old 11-20-2018, 01:00 PM   #31

As promised I have the layout for the Schedule of Events for our 2019 Rally. It will follow all of what has been done in the previous years with a few added events.
We are now at the next level of over 30 sites sold and we still need to get to the 40 sites sold to get the full discount for all campers who will be coming to the Rally.
All you who are still on the fence will enjoy reading just what we'll be doing below and then you can make your reservation at.
(603) 323-8536 or (888) 327-8642
Mention the Spring Fling in New England Rally to be counted as a Spring Flinger.
Thur. 16
1:00 - 6:00pm Check in and Settle in
Get checked in with our friendly office staff and orientate yourself with the campground layout, On you way by, Stop by Site #49 and pick up your Spring Fling Welcome packet.
6:00pm Cheese and Crackers "Meet & Greet"
"COME ON DOWN" and enjoy some munchies at the Pavilion and mingle with other Spring Flingers and enjoy the fire in the Common Area. Bring your own beverage.
9:00pm Walk the "Planks" (weather permiting)
We'll guide you to the Trail head to Wabinaki Lodge, across the Marsh. Bring your Flash Light. We'll pause, on the Board-Walk, to gaze at the night sky.
Day 2- Friday 17th
6:30 - 8:00am Early Bird Morning Coffee will be brewing down in the Pavilion.
10:00am Painting with Sandy "O". (not just for the Gals)
Under the guiding hands of Sandy "O" you will paint a fantastic picture that will be worthy of hanging. For a minimal cost, to cover cost of materials, you'll enjoy this activity and have a picture to remember you stay at the Spring Fling.
2:30pm Cook at Camp and recipe Swap
Get down to the Pavilion to see "What's Cookin" and bring along a favorite camp recipe to share. Your hosts Gerry and Barb will give a demonstration on how they cook-up some of their favorite dishes and you'll be able to sample the finished product.
5:00pm Pot-Luck Supper at the Pavilion with raffle to be held after supper.
We get you started with a piece of Chicken and you bring the rest! Bring down an entre or side dish to share. Vegies / Salads / Deserts, Hot or cold dishes...what ever you'd like to share. Remember to bring your own Silverware, Dish and Drinks. There will be a raffle of some camp gifts after the supper. This year we will also be selling tickets for a 50/50 CASH PRIZE
Day 3 Sat. 18th
6:30 - 8:00 am - Early Bird morning Coffee
9:30am - Shine and Show
All who want to join, Meet at the Pavilion for a walk around.
Check out all the Fiberglass campers that have come to the Spring Fling. Talk to the owners and they'll be glad to share ideas, or the pro's and con's of their models. Future Egg Owners may come into the campground to check out your campers.
Afternoon At 1:00pm Come on down to the Pavilion to join in the Cribbage Tournament. Prize awarded to last man standing.
6:30pm Open Chat & Forum Questions or Ideas you want to Share? After seeing all the campers at the "Shine & Show" you may have Questions about them or maybe you just have general Camper / Camping Questions. Come down to the open Forum in the Pavilion to chat with others. No limit to the knowlage some have and will want to share with others. And, Please Let me know how you liked the Rally & do you have any suggestions for Next Year.
Sunday 6:30 - 8:00 Come for Morning Coffee at the Pavilion
Today you'll be heading out on the road on your next adventure. Drive Safe and be sure to Keep a look out for the Spring Fling in New England Rally for 2020 and Mark you calendar.
Your Hosts : Gerry & Barb
Old 11-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #32

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Sounds like a great time Gerry!

Sounds like an excellent plan. Thank you for all your hard work. I am really looking forward to the Spring Fling!
supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:31 AM   #33

Sue, it seems like a long way off but it will be here before we know it.
I will be busy on these cold, snowy days here in the western mountains of Maine, working in the wood shop to build items to be raffled off at the Rally and also going to build all new doors to go into the Casita, my wife and I purchased this summer.
I still have the Classic 79 Boler Voyageur and will have it at the rally also, perhaps just set up as a display for all just to look at.
Gerry
Old 12-15-2018, 05:57 AM   #34

Greetings all Spring Flingers and Friends,

Check it out! The Roost has published an article in their on-line publication using my article, as a base, I sent to then on "How to hold a successful Rally", a story how, and why, I began the Spring Fling Rally in New England, 3 years ago, at the Chocorua Camping Village, KOA. Check it out here: http://www.rvcompass.com/ROOST/2019-01ExcelRally.html
Be sure to go to the images at link the end of the article to see the pictures of past 2 year Rallies.

Last Summer, the owner of this site, who also runs the Rally down on the Outer-Banks, asked if I wanted to write an article on how to pull of a successful rally, seeing how my Spring Fling has grown in just2 years.
She must have known I was doing something right and wanted to hear the how’s and why’s and what has given it growth, over just 2 years.

“It is the people who come to the rallies who make it a success so here’s to you all”.

Your Spring Fling in New England Hosts.
Gerry & Barb Landry
PS:
Remember the dates for the Rally in 2019 is: May 16th - 19th
At Chocorua Camping Village, KOA, in Chocorua NH.
Get your reserved site by calling:
(603)323-8536 or (888)237-8642
Mention you be attending the Spring Fling to be counted as a site sold because the more sites we sell the bigger the discount for everyone.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:43 AM   #35

We are inching our way up in reservations.
Some newbies and some old timers are signing up.
Just got word that John & Arleen will be joining us for the 3rd time.
Maybe they read the Schedule of events on Post #31 and knew he couldn't miss all the fun or maybe they just miss me.
Welcome again, John & Arleen!
What ever the case we have broken the 30 site sold threshold and on our way to the magic #40 where we will get 50% discount on sites.
Make your RESERVATION NOW!!
Call Office: (603) 323-8536 or (888) 237-8642

Be sure you tell them you coming for the Spring Fling Rally so the office can keep count and go to Calendar on this site to say that your going to attend.
That way I can keep count also.

Happy New Year to you all!
Your Hosts Gerry & Barb
Old 12-31-2018, 12:30 PM   #36

Name: Linda
Trailer: compact jr
New York
I plan on attending starting Saturday- work. Just waiting for the camp ground to get back to me I left a message yesterday. Compact Junior 1972
raddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:11 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddar View Post
I plan on attending starting Saturday- work. Just waiting for the camp ground to get back to me I left a message yesterday. Compact Junior 1972
Linda, Did they get back to you? I am sure the office will at some point. they may have had a few days off for the holiday.
Let me know.
Gerry
Old 01-02-2019, 06:46 PM   #38

Linda glad they got back to you..
Happy New Year.
As promised I did get my desk all cleaned off of 2018 papers and documents and found some of previous year Rally paper work so it inspired me to get 2019 Rally Schedule all worked up and printed out.

It took several days but having a bit of a cold, and the weather outside being snow and ice for a few days, made it worth staying in and doing it.

I now have to get out in the wood shop to start to build some neat little gifts that we will give a way after the Pot-Luck supper.

HMMM I bought myself a present for X-mas, a small drill press but it doesn't do the job I expected so it's going back and I will go back to the old method of just a hand drill.

Well, I haven't been to the campground all winter and maybe when I shake this cold I will take a trip down to get a count of Attendees for the Rally and report it to you all.

Stay safe over the new year.
Gerry
Old 01-05-2019, 12:11 PM   #39

Trailer: 1985 Perris Pacer
Rally

Steve and I are booked for May 16-19, 2019 with our 2000 Casita Spirit Deluxe. It will be our first time at this rally but looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Coleen
Coleen H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:08 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleen H. View Post
Steve and I are booked for May 16-19, 2019 with our 2000 Casita Spirit Deluxe. It will be our first time at this rally but looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Coleen
Hey Coleen & Steve, Welcome to the Spring Fling Group. I know you won't be disappointed with the fun time we all have at the Rally,
I have to get down to the Campground and talk to the office to get a count of how many sites we got.
Thinking it is getting up toward 33 mark.
We need to have 40 so we all get a 50% discount and as we creep closer to the date I'm sure more will get registered.
Register now at
(603) 323-8536 or (888)237-8642
mention the Spring Fling in New England Rally to get counted and discount.

I keep on looking at my Boler, Voyager and Casita Freedom Deluxe and wonder if I will need to shovel them out this year just to make it to the Rally.

I park them down back where they are out of the way for snow removal and not parked under trees. The only draw back is that they are about 300 feet from the road.
So far, this years winter has been a rainy one and right now there is a layer of icy snow about 6 inches deep. I can walk on top of this without breaking through. I am sure we'll get several more feet of snow on top of this. I am sure I will have to start the end of April digging out. I may even hire a loader to come in and move it if it's too much for me.
Well that's life in Western Mountains of Maine.