MN 2019, May 2,3,4 Mille Lacs Kathio SP - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2018, 11:19 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
2019, May 2,3,4 Mille Lacs Kathio SP

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_pa...ml?id=spk00232

Scrambled Eggs will gather again at the Petago campground in Mille Lacs Kathio State Park on May 2,3,4.

Gathering place will be at the Mothership site 40. Bring your music along.

All electric sites have been reserved. There are still non electric sites available. There is also a large primitive campground further into the park that is usually empty the first weekend of May.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:10 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Well, we need electric…
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:15 PM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_pa...ml?id=spk00232

Scrambled Eggs will gather again at the Petago campground in Mille Lacs Kathio State Park on May 2,3,4.

Gathering place will be at the Mothership site 40. Bring your music along.

All electric sites have been reserved. There are still non electric sites available. There is also a large primitive campground further into the park that is usually empty the first weekend of May.

Nancy
Thank you
Mike Busche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #4

Name: Kristen
South Dakota
Do you have to be a member of a group to participate in the rally?

And I wonder if you can run a small Honda generator in the Mille Lacs park if someone were to take a non electric site?
Kristenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:49 AM   #5

Hi Kristen,

You are very welcome to join us. To my knowledge any gathering posted is open to the public. We have a very friendly group. We usually do a breakfast as well as a pot luck, and music every day. There are no actual hosts, we just get together. Come and participate in any activity you want.

It would probably not be appreciated if you ran the generator through the night. Is that what you mean? People do use generators during the day.

Not sure where you are coming from. It is still cool here in May. So far we have been very lucky weather wise with this early event. There is a building we can gather at, we have to drive to it, if the weather does not cooperate. The one really nice thing this early - no bugs. Well, I would avoid the grass as ticks are already making themselves known.

Hope to meet you.

Nancy
Old 02-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #6

Name: Kristen
South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Hi Kristen,

You are very welcome to join us. To my knowledge any gathering posted is open to the public. We have a very friendly group. We usually do a breakfast as well as a pot luck, and music every day. There are no actual hosts, we just get together. Come and participate in any activity you want.

It would probably not be appreciated if you ran the generator through the night. Is that what you mean? People do use generators during the day.

Not sure where you are coming from. It is still cool here in May. So far we have been very lucky weather wise with this early event. There is a building we can gather at, we have to drive to it, if the weather does not cooperate. The one really nice thing this early - no bugs. Well, I would avoid the grass as ticks are already making themselves known.

Hope to meet you.

Nancy

Nancy,

I will be in Backus late that week to get a few accessories installed so I might just join you all!!!!

The reason I asked about power was I was thinking along the lines of day use for cooking (crockpot style). But obviously not a requirement.

Thanks again for all the info and I hope to see you in a couple months!!
Kristenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #7

Kristen, I thought you would want to run the generator so you could recharge the battery and be able to run the furnace at night.

You could always bring the crock pot to the Mothership site to plug in. Lyndon could spend his day chasing away the bears.

Nancy
Old 03-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #8

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
just an update here as planed activities cowboy coffee will be at site 40 each morning after 5 am( there are 2 5,,s each day this will be the first one) Friday evening will be meet and greet fresh grilled homemade Bratwurst patty's on a bun. beans saure kraut and condiments ect (around 5 in the afternoon (that will be the later 5 ) our usual waffle maker cant be there so that is up in the air And then the Pot luck at 5 on Saturday at site 40 bring a dish to share. our usual scamp entertainers will be there. remember don't get caught between the 2 Dave's Kind of like between the out house and the windmill. AND CONTINUAS POPCORN!!
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:00 PM   #9

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndon Laney View Post
just an update here as planed activities cowboy coffee will be at site 40 each morning after 5 am( there are 2 5,,s each day this will be the first one) Friday evening will be meet and greet fresh grilled homemade Bratwurst patty's on a bun. beans saure kraut and condiments ect (around 5 in the afternoon (that will be the later 5 ) our usual waffle maker cant be there so that is up in the air And then the Pot luck at 5 on Saturday at site 40 bring a dish to share. our usual scamp entertainers will be there. remember don't get caught between the 2 Dave's Kind of like between the out house and the windmill. AND CONTINUAS POPCORN!!
And y'all can come down to Pikes Peak in Iowa for the gathering May 8 - 11.
/wc
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:34 PM   #10

D&D 2.0 will bring buns for Lyndon’s brat sandwiches. They will also do toast for Saturday morning.

Fred and I will do sausages and scrambled eggs Saturday morning.

Lyndon, will you bring your recipe for your brat burger makings. I am curious. Probably takes 100 pounds of meat?

One month to get rid of this snow.

Looked and there are still non electric sites. And there is the entire other rustic campground with just one camper registered back there. So lots of sites for anyone who can do without electricity if one wants wait and see on the snow issue. The rustic campground is not within walking distance. We have space at our site for people to park near Lyndon.

Gee, there is a lot of snow out there.

Nancy
Old 03-30-2019, 04:32 PM   #11

Trailer: 1992 13 ft Scamp
Nancy, I think you meant to say that Diane & David 1.0 are bringing the buns.
DianeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:05 PM   #12

Name: Charmaine
North Dakota
We have never been to a get-together for Scamp campers before so were going to join you this year from ND. The snow is down so we pulled the 5th wheel out and got a new battery to go and just made reservations. Excited to meet some fellow Scampers.

Charmaine & Hugh
busesRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:06 PM   #13

Hi Charmaine and Hugh,

We look forward to meeting you. We do a lot of eating together, be prepared to join us. One pot luck. The meet and greet brat burgers are provided by Lyndon, a couple of us do the breakfast. Lyndon also does cowboy coffee in the morning and pop corn for music time.

Since you have not been to a gathering you will want to know to bring eating utensils along with your lawn chairs. Other than coffee in the morning we always bring our own beverage too.

If you are in a non electric site and want to charge your battery bring it over to one of us with electricity.

If you have any music talent bring that along to share also.

The “Mothership” is a black rig. Bring your lawn chairs over, there is always someone around.

So far we have been blessed with good weather. If we have bad stuff there is an indoor gathering area that we would need to drive to.

Nancy