WA 2019, May 31-June 2: Taidnapam Washington Gathering (WAG) 2019 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2019, 08:35 AM   #21

Name: Kim & Luanna
Trailer: 2010 17Casita SD
Washington
Registry
We brought the kayaks for a number of years and it was really fun heading upriver. After they lowered the lake, it was not quite as much fun just paddling around out on the lake. When the wind comes up, it's a tough go out there. Looking forward to the gathering!!
Old 04-17-2019, 10:55 AM   #22

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Unfortunately we had to cancel. Something came up and we have to head to Tahoe.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:00 AM   #23

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
They look great Cory. Sorry we will miss you. We will be at the Spring NOG and Maryhill but had to cancel Taidnapam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Hilby View Post
I'm sort of lost looking at this thread, so please excuse me if I already mentioned I've got reservations for site 225.

Karen Langlois is coming, too.

I've been thinking about last year's SAFE as well--what weekend was that last year? No coordinator this year yet?

TODAY I got my Compact Jr.'s baby moon hub caps back from the chromer's. Beautiful! Pray now they won't get stolen! Long story as to how come I even got them chromed; suffice it to say that others are often more enthusiastic about improving Jr. than I am, yet I somehow always end up paying. The vinyl pop-top got torn while in someone else's hands, and it's going to awfully cold & wet in there if we can't find an upholsterer or boat-top maker to re-do it for me. Any ideas?

PS Usually WAG extends over my birthday, June 4. But this year I get to be at home!
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:57 PM   #24

Washington
Registry
With a month to go here are some thoughts for the gathering. Things that have worked in the past should also work for this go around as well.

Friday night campfire and hotdog roast. Bring some munchies to share, your wieners and wiener sticks. Also a beer/beverage exchange.
Saturday night campfire and potluck. Bring a dish to pass and maybe even some extra chocolate for dessert. After the potluck, a "draw numbers out of a hat" gift exchange. Be creative and make it fun.
Both events will be at Chuck & Deb's site but I can't remember which one that is. It has also been suggested that our canine friends be excluded from the food events but are welcome afterward.
What to bring:
Sunshine
Firewood
Pop-up rain shelter just in case nobody brings the sunshine
Jigsaw puzzles
Buffalo Plaid in any shape or form

No such thing as a dumb question so ask away if you're not sure about something.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:40 PM   #25

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
I hate to miss this one... I love the place! but I will be out of the country at the time... maybe next year! But I will be at Maryhill and also at Dash Point. Plus 2 more NOG ones.
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:19 AM   #26
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
WAG ....

So Possum,

I am assuming since there is gift exchange that we need to add "gift" to the what to bring list? If so are we talking white elephants type gift exchange or???

Deb

BTW: We are in space #278.
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:32 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
I am assuming since there is gift exchange that we need to add "gift" to the what to bring list? If so are we talking white elephants type gift exchange or???

Here's an idea. Forget the gift exchange. Save the planet by not buying crap to "gift", which will then be tossed in the trash.

It's a small gesture that could give you a reason and provide a place to go camping in the future.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:02 AM   #28
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Taidnapum

Are you coming to our gathering Glenn? It will be great to meet you in person.

In the past we have brought something used that we already own like a camping coffee press that we don't use anymore, refrigerator bars wheels chocks or a bag of chocolate. Generally, the person that gets the gift has a use for it so it doesn't end up in a landfill or sitting around not being used. What has happened in the past also is if you have no use for it put it back in the give away pile or ask if anyone can use it.

Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 09:33 AM   #29

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
In years past, there was no actual "gift exchange" at the gathering. Only the "Craft Beer Exchange" which is merely an excuse to bring a six-pack of quality beers to exchange with other attendees, and it creates a social "Meet and Mingle" environment for all those attendees who wish to participate. It's just an "icebreaker" event to get people, especially new attendees, out of their shell and provide an opportunity to meet and open up to others at the event. It isn't mandatory to attend. It's just a chance to meet others on a common ground and break the ice.

I haven't been to one in several years, so I wasn't aware that it had evolved into adding a "gift exchange" at the event to the mix, but I had organized the first few of these get-togethers years ago. (FWIW, the original Washington NOG, back in 2008, was at Grayland Beach S.P. on the coast. Then we changed the venue to Taidnapum after that, and it's been held there ever since.)
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:03 AM   #30

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
Are you coming to our gathering Glenn? It will be great to meet you in person.
Deb

I'm not travelling at the moment. We had a "free table" at a couple Escape rallies, where people could recycle if they chose. Quite a lot of good stuff ended up there ( lots of hitch wheels ).
People were not expected to "gift".
Old 05-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #31

Name: Alan & Barb
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Registry
We are in site 250 arriving May 28 departing June 4. We felt the gift exchange was great last year with most things being relevant and useful, not junk.
Barb and Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:07 PM   #32

Washington
Registry
The "gift exchange" was something Roger thought up a few years back and it has hung around. I can't recall a whole lot of junk items in the past but there have been several very useful camping related items and a few just plain silly items that everyone seemed to get a giggle out of and wished they had been the one to pick it out. So, keeping that in mind, try to be creative. Greg is right, it's more of an ice breaker than anything else and in the past has been a lot of fun.
I also forgot to mention on the "what to bring" page, your name tag of some sort so folks know who you are and where you're from. Don't have to wear it all the time, just Friday and Saturday nights.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:37 AM   #33

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
OK, I'm coming down too.
Wife has to work, (again,) so I'll be traveling "solo," (again.)

I'll be in Site #206

Arr. Wed. May 29th
Dep. Mon. June 3rd
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:03 PM   #34

Washington
Registry
NICE!! Looking forward to seeing you...
Old 05-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #35

Name: Rick
Trailer: SOB
Washington
Rick, Laura and Molly will be at site 247, Wednesday to Sunday
R Magnuson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:17 PM   #36

Name: Laura
Trailer: Escape 21' 2nd Gen, picked up on Black Friday 2016
Washington
Oooo, cute little Molly will be my next door neighbor! Yay! I'll be sure to give her lots of pets when I see her.

www.UnderKittySupervision.com
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:28 PM   #37

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Oooo, cute little Molly will be my next door neighbor! Yay! I'll be sure to give her lots of pets when I see her.
I sure hope “cute little Molly” is a pet.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:03 PM   #38

Name: Laura
Trailer: Escape 21' 2nd Gen, picked up on Black Friday 2016
Washington
I sure hope so! If it's the same Laura and Molly from Maryhill. In that case, Molly is a stinking cute little solid black toy poodle. And that's coming from a cat person!

www.UnderKittySupervision.com
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:25 PM   #39

Name: Rick
Trailer: SOB
Washington
Yes, it's the same Molly that was at Maryhill.

For some reason, we have been unable to log into the forum. Our username was Laura & Rick, but our login just didn't work. So we setup a new account and the only user name that was acceptable was R Magnuson. Maybe after the holiday I'll contact the site administrator and see what's up with the originator account
R Magnuson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:29 PM   #40

Washington
Registry
Lookin' Good

Lookin' pretty good weather wise........
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG