IA 2019, May 8-12: McGregor, Iowa Pikes Peak S.P. - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2019, 09:18 AM   #121

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtland PieperCo View Post
We would like to thank all who came to the Pikes Peak S.P. gathering. We also want to thank Rob & Ann for all there help ,Bryan Beth for the hot chocolate & Steve for the morning coffee & pie iron, & Iowa Dave & Rita for all help telling the gathering places to go and sites to see. Darlene and I thank you all and hope you all have safe travels.
We're sorry to have missed it. Just didn't feel like being out in the cool/damp weather. Forfeited our camping fees. Oh well!/wc
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:57 AM   #122

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Hi Corky and Darlene
We sure had a good time at the Pikes Peak Rally. Lots of nice folks, good looking campers and well behaved dogs. First rally I’ve ever attended where two random fiberglass campers showed up that didn’t know the rally was there. We will look forward to a repeat next year and offer our help as always. Thanks for the shelter, the firewood and the hotdogs. Thanks to all who stopt by and for the nice things they gave me. I would have enjoyed one more can of unique beer but somebody who needed it more than I cracked it right in front of me and quaffed it.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #123

Name: Jeff & Katie
Trailer: Escape 17'
Iowa
Registry
Can someone tell me which weekend the Sept Meetup is at Thomson causway?? I didn't see it as a listed rally... Thx!! Katie and Jeff Soseman
soseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #124

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by soseman View Post
Can someone tell me which weekend the Sept Meetup is at Thomson causway?? I didn't see it as a listed rally... Thx!! Katie and Jeff Soseman
September 27 to September 29 , 2019 are the official dates .
Many come early so if you decide to arrive on Wed or Thurs , you will have company .
If you plan on attending , I would make reservations sooner rather than later .
Any site near #114 is highly desirable and coveted .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:10 PM   #125

Iowa
Once in a while there’s a cancellation late so if you’re not in the main loop you might still be able to get there . In addition, the potluck and other activities are about a block away at the Stone shelter as well as the showers. Let me rephrase that, there are no actual activities at shower house. ( that I am aware of). Many will be there starting Wednesday as Steve said. New activity this year will be a round table called “Camping Gadgets”
Iowa Dave
Old 05-18-2019, 12:14 PM   #126

Name: Jeff & Katie
Trailer: Escape 17'
Iowa
Registry
Thx!!! That's why I was thinking of getting them sooner...
soseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:03 AM   #127

Name: Gene
Trailer: 77 Modified Scamp 13 Towed with 99 Jeep Wrangler
Iowa
Registry
Next Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtland PieperCo View Post
We would like to thank all who came to the Pikes Peak S.P. gathering. We also want to thank Rob & Ann for all there help ,Bryan Beth for the hot chocolate & Steve for the morning coffee & pie iron, & Iowa Dave & Rita for all help telling the gathering places to go and sites to see. Darlene and I thank you all and hope you all have safe travels.
I know its early, but was wondering if you are going to be planning an outing for next year? If so, do you have any ideas on the date? Would like to plan ahead and try to attend.
GMYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:13 AM   #128

Name: Gene
Trailer: 77 Modified Scamp 13 Towed with 99 Jeep Wrangler
Iowa
Registry
Thompson Causeway Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Once in a while there’s a cancellation late so if you’re not in the main loop you might still be able to get there . In addition, the potluck and other activities are about a block away at the Stone shelter as well as the showers. Let me rephrase that, there are no actual activities at shower house. ( that I am aware of). Many will be there starting Wednesday as Steve said. New activity this year will be a round table called “Camping Gadgets”
Iowa Dave
Where can I find more information about this outing. I would like to attend.
GMYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:38 AM   #129

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Yes, the Pike's Peak rally will be held next year. Kevin and I are taking over as hosts. Comparable dates will be May 7 to May 10. More information will be coming later. The new rally will have a title of "The Pink Elephant" rally. There used to be a supper club near the park called the "Pink Elephant," that Kevin used to sing and play piano at. The Pink Elephant statue is still on the road at the south edge of Marquette along the river.

I don't know about the Thompson Causeway rally though.

CindyL
Old 06-04-2019, 09:22 AM   #130

Iowa
Pink Elephant

Count us in for the “Pink Elephant”. While camping in the wilds of the Yellow River State Forest, north of Marquette, I saw pink elephants several times after too much cheap beer and long campfire nights. Let us know if you need anything going forward. We will help if possible. The Thompson Causeway Rally is at the Corps of Engineers Park near Thompson Illinois the last full weekend in September. The main Rendezvous loop is 99 thru 129 or so. I think it’s booked but there are lots of other sites in the other loops. Join us with your fiberglass rig, we’d love to see you. The kickoff event this year will be an early bird function on Wednesday evening. We will host it at site 114. It’s called Escapes and Canapés. A campfire, some light libations and snacks. Camping tales from the past season including skunk encounters of the obnoxious kind will be the conversation starter.
(And I don’t mean stinky politics)
Iowa Dave and Rita
Old 06-04-2019, 12:15 PM   #131

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Ah, Iowa Dave, you got the other meaning of "The Pink Elephant." I guess I just keep putting liquor into the names I give rallies. I named "Eggs a la Bourbon" too.

I ordered a hat for it.

Cindy
Attached Thumbnails
Pink elephant hat.png  
Old 01-26-2020, 07:18 AM   #132

Name: Michelle
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
2020 link ?

Is there a link for 2020 info on this rally? 2020 map thread goes to 2019 event.

Thanks!
Michwill01 is offline   Reply With Quote