NH 2019, May 16-20: 2019 Spring Fling in New England - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2018, 03:09 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
2019, May 16-20: 2019 Spring Fling in New England

Time again to start to plan the 3rd annual Spring Fling in New England Rally, in the wonderful setting of the White Mountains/Lakes region of Hew Hampshire.
MAY 16 - 20, 2019
Again, this event will be held at the Chocorua Camping Village KOA, where the owner will be given a huge discount dependent on the number of sites we fill.
This discount will be listed in a later post.

Last year we had over the 40 sites so a 50% discount was given to all the Spring Flingers and I hope we can top that number for 2019.

Pictures of previous years Rally can be seen at a link in the Rally Archive section under Spring Fling in New England. A great time was had at Morning coffee around the campfires, cooking demo, paint class, night walk, evening cheese and crackers, pot-luck supper, open forums, and shine and show. Also loads of local attractions in the area and lets not for for get the NO SALE TAX shopping in N.Conway only 20 minutes north of campground.

Make your RESERVATION NOW!!! becasue sites will go fast.
Call Office: (603) 323-8536 or (888) 237-8642
Be sure you tell them you coming for the Spring Fling Rally so the office can keep count.

So mark your calanders and keep an go to the "Rally Calander" page under the "More" tab at top of page to let me know if you'll be attending.
Got to plan how much food I need to buy for the entree at the Pot-Luck.

See you there..... Gerry & Barb Landry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #2

OK so here's the pictures from the 2018 Spring Fling Rally
2018 Spring Fling in New England, Chocorua Camping Village KOA, NH
We can thank John V. for the wonderful work he does each year for us taking these pictures.

Here is the break down for the prices for the 2019 Rally.
The prices depends on how many sites we fill so let get to the top level as we did last year so all will get the best price.

20 - 30 sites sold $43 for Prime $54 for Deluxe / Waterfront (these go fast)
30 - 40 sites $39 for prime $50 for Deluxe
Over 40 sites $33 for prime $45 for Deluxe

The over 40 sites are almost a 50% savings from the regular price
One can go to info@chocoruacamping.com to see the campgrounds services guide.
Remember to mention Spring Fling in New England, when making reservations so they can keep count.
Gerry
Old 09-24-2018, 06:08 AM   #3

Name: Diane
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 1300
Connecticut
Registry
Hi Gerry,
I'm a new Trillium owner, I would love to meet up with everyone next May at the rally. However, it is the busiest time of year for my job. I can work remotely from the campground but I need a strong signal, do you know if the wifi signal is good there?
Thanks, Diane
DHolhubner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:13 AM   #4

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
just double checking the dates for 2019 = the dates listed are Thursday thru Monday
Old 09-24-2018, 11:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
just double checking the dates for 2019 = the dates listed are Thursday thru Monday
Thanks for pointing this out. The last day of Scheduled events at the rally is on Sunday the 19th.[/COLOR]
Old 09-24-2018, 11:50 AM   #6

Wi-Fi Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHolhubner View Post
Hi Gerry,
I'm a new Trillium owner, I would love to meet up with everyone next May at the rally. However, it is the busiest time of year for my job. I can work remotely from the campground but I need a strong signal, do you know if the wifi signal is good there?
Thanks, Diane
Diane, all I can say is that Wi-Fi is available in the whole campground and I have never had too much trouble getting and staying on line but I found that being close to one of the repeaters and time of day makes a difference but in May when there isn't that many kids in the campground signal should be good if your computer is newer if will make a difference.
I could also suggest some sites that are close to repeaters and if they are available it would help.
If you look at the map sites 24-34 have good signal
Sites 95-105
Sites B6-B5-B3-C1-C3 are also good but are a bit out of the way.
Sure hope you can make it and I hope this helps you out a bit.
Let me know if I can be of any more help.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:57 PM   #7

Connecticut
Registry
Thanks Gerry. I made my reservation and marked it on the rally calendar!
Old 09-24-2018, 05:17 PM   #8

Will this be the first Spring Fling you'll be attending?
Keep coming back to the posting as I will be posting some schedule of events as we get closer to the Rally.
Your Host
Gerry
Old 09-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #9

Connecticut
Registry
Yes it is my first Spring fling. I bought my Trillium at the beginning of August this year. So, I'm planning on a lot of adventure next year. And sad that it is getting cold too fast here in New England. I will be sure to check back for rally details.
Also, as far as wifi goes the campground said there is good signal throughout. And if I ran into a real issue that there is a library down the road I can work at. So, I'm all set!
Old 09-25-2018, 04:50 PM   #10

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
OK- booked 5/14-19 - see you there!
Old 09-25-2018, 05:46 PM   #11

Whoo-hoo off to a great start... I'm in hopes of breaking 50 sites this year. It will be a bit more work for me cooking for the pot-luck but that's ok. Been busy building all sorts of camping gifts for the raffle after the diner and I told the owner we'll need more tables put out for all the food that was brought out last year.
Make sure you register on the calendar site so I can keep count and know how many lobsters to by. Just kidding.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:39 PM   #12

hope this will work here is the link to the registration list you can mark if you plan to attend or not. Please use it so I can keep a count.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=6232&day=2019-5-16&c=1

Guess it wont work as I thought so you may have to copy and paste it.
Gerry
Old 09-29-2018, 04:08 PM   #13

Name: tom
Trailer: casita
Connecticut
We are in

Wife, dog, Casita and I have signed up.
hts1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 03:13 PM   #14

[QUOTE=hts1190;718515]Wife, dog, Casita and I have signed up.[/QUOTE

Tom, What year Casita do you have? Mine is a 91 with a lot of modifications.
I will have both the Boler and the Casita at the Rally.

I was just at the campground this weekend and found out there are already 26 sites sold. Got a goal of 50 sites this year.

Remember the more sites we sell the lower the price for everyone, so Book now to get a good site.
Gerry
Old 09-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #15

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
As I did in last year's thread, I'm posting a link to photos of the 2018 & 2017 rallies.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:35 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
As I did in last year's thread, I'm posting a link to photos of the 2018 & 2017 rallies.
Thanks Jon, you always do a great job as the official "PHOTOG" for the Spring Fling Rally. Been busy getting the schedule made up for next year and will be posting little tidbits on this site and others to keep interest alive.
Again thanks.
Gerry
Old 10-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #17

Name: chris
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
We reserved our spot before we left last May. Looking forward to next spring!
Nelliebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:51 AM   #18

Here we are again at the close of the camping season at Chocorua Camping Village and the Spring Fling of 2018 is just a great memory. See the grand time we all had here:
2018 Spring Fling in New England, Chocorua Camping Village KOA, NH

I am going to the campground on weekends to lend a hand winterizing campers and getting the water system turned off for the winter.
I did talk to the owner and he has some new plans drawn up for a kitchen to be built onto the end of the Pavilion with food service available.
This would be great and the owner even said it may relieve some of the burden off of me during the Pot-Luck.

Even though the campground is closing, you all will still be able to make your reservation for the May, 16-19, 2019 Rally by calling the Office or KOA at:
(603) 323-8536 or (888)237-8642
Remember, mention you with the Spring Fling, the more sites we sell the bigger the discount we get.

I have also been thinking of new and different rally events that we'll be putting into the schedule for 2019, to join or not, you option.
1) Cribbage Card Game
2) Ball Toss or Bean Bag Toss Game

Also there will be some 50/50 "Cash" drawings during the Pot Luck Supper.
Get those reservations in and I will post more as we get closer to the time we'll meet again for the Spring Fling in New England Rally
Any other ideas from you are welcome.
Your host
Gerry & Barb
Old 10-13-2018, 08:03 AM   #19

Name: Carol
Trailer: Scamp
New Hampshire
Hi Gerry,
I think I am figuring this out. I plan to attend.
carol
cdadura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdadura View Post
Hi Gerry,
I think I am figuring this out. I plan to attend.
carol
Carole I was at the campground all day today and talked to the office and yes, you did register as well as your friend from CT.
That's 2 more registered and gets us closer to the next level for a bigger discount.
Going to be a great time at our 3rd annual Spring Fling.
Gerry