NH 2020, May 14-17: Spring Fling in New England for 2020 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2019, 03:40 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
2020, May 14-17: Spring Fling in New England for 2020

Time again to plan the 4th annual Spring Fling in New England Rally, in the wonderful setting of the White Mountains/Lakes region of Hew Hampshire.
The Date for the Rally is set for : MAY 14th - 17th , 2020
Again, this event will be held at the Chocorua Camping Village KOA, where the owner will be giving a generous discount.
The set rates will be $48 for Prime sites, and $58 for Deluxe sites. That’s a discount of about 30% off the standard pre-season rates.
Last year we had over the 40 sites and I hope we can top that number for 2020.

Pictures of previous years Rally can be seen at a link in the Rally Archive section under Spring Fling in New England. A great time was had at Morning coffee around the campfire, cooking demo, paint class, night walk, evening cheese and crackers, pot-luck supper, open forums, and shine and show. Also, there are loads of local attractions in the area and lets not forget, the NO SALE TAX shopping in N.Conway, only 20 minutes north of campground.

Make your RESERVATION NOW!!! becasue sites will go fast.
Call Office: (603) 323-8536 or (888) 237-8642
Be sure you tell them you'll be attending the Spring Fling Rally so the office can keep count.

So mark your calendars and go to the "Rally Calendar" page, under the "More" tab at top of page to let me know if you'll be attending.

See you there..... Gerry & Barb Landry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:26 PM   #2

Here is the Schedule of Events for the 2020 Spring Fling in New England Rally.
THURSDAY the 14: Check in and settle in and be sure to come by to Site # 49 to pick up your Welcome Packet.
6:00 pm - Chese and Crackers and "Meet and Greet" at the Pavilion, followed by a walk across the Boardwalk (weather permiting) to see the Night Sky, or sit by the firepit in the common area and roast a Mash-mellow.
FRIDAY the 15:
6:30 am - Coffee will be made at the Pavilion and a fire will be lit in the Common Area
10:00 am - Cribbage Tounament with Craig "C" in the Rec Hall
2:30 pm - Cooking at Camp and Recipe Swap at the Paviolion. Bring a favorite recipe to share with others and We will show you how we cook some of our favorite meals.
5:00 pm - Pot - Luck Supper at the Pavilion. We will start you off with a tender peice of chichen, hot of the grill and you can bring what ever you want to share at the meal. Salads / Deserts / Chips / Vegies / Hot or Cold dishes.??? What ever. Raffle will be held after the Supper and also a slide show of our trip across country will be playing on the big screen TV while we eat.
SATURDAY the 16 - Again morning coffee
9:30 am - Meet at the Pavilion to walk around for the "Shine and Show" where you can show off you camper and go take a peek at others.
2:00 pm - Game Tri-athalon, Play 3 camping games to get the high score and win bragging rights as the King or Queen of campground games, ties will be broken with a Spelling Bee of Local names.
6:30 pm - Open Chat and Forum, around the campfire (weather permiting) In the Pavilion if not, and then we can sit and sing by the fire. Bring an instrument if you have one.
SUNDAY the 17: Again Morning Coffee and another Spring Fling Rally is in the BAG...Hope you all will come and enjoy the fun.
Your Hosts: Gerry & Barb
Old 10-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #3

Great News, to be added to the Schedule of events happening, Lynda C. will be giving a demo on how to make those wonderful Window Awnings for our little EGGS in the Pavilion. There was a lot of interest when Chris and Charlie showed us the ones he had on his camper last year and she will go a step further and show us how we all can build out own.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:14 AM   #4

Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2017 Oliver Legacy Elite 2
New Hampshire
We had a great time last year, next year we will be towing our new to us 2017 Scamp 19-so excited. We already reserved our site on the water last year. See you in May

NHBoomers-John and Jane
Old 10-15-2019, 05:26 PM   #5

Great! I was at the campground this past week and the count for the rally is already at 17 sites. I am in hopes that this year we will top the 40 sites. There will be new activities this year to enjoy and as always the Pot-Luck and raffle will be a big hit for sure.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Good evening
As someone originally from New England ( Rutland Vt)but now
Living in Colorado and not attending your event ... I wish I was .... I noticed that on one of the days you have someone that is giving a demo on making window awnings... I’d love to see one as well as getting some directions
Could someone please post this info
Thanks in advance
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:44 AM   #7

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
We had such a great time last year that we made our reservations for 2020 as we were leaving.
We can't wait to see everyone again!

Bonnie, Jon, and Fallon, the dog
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #8

Hey Bonnie and Jon, I think this year will be another great year for the Spring Fling and I have just seen on Facebook that the Camp Kitchen is well on it's way of being built. Can't wait to see how we'll be able to use it but I think we'll still have the BBQ chicken that everyone likes with the Pot-Luck.
Practicing the guitar and trying to learn a few songs for the sing along at the night fire and not have to La-La-La our way through songs but actually know some words.
All who play an instrument is welcome to bring it and join in the fun.
Gerry
Old 11-15-2019, 04:54 PM   #9

Name: Mimi
Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B;TV = 2011 Toyota Tundra Extracab 5.7L
NH
Just booked a spot!

Hi, Gerry (et al) -

I'm brand new to the world of travel trailers, just got my new 17' Escape last month. Also new to rallies, campgrounds, the whole thing. I live in western NH, by the Connecticut River.

I was so cheered to see there is a rally in this region, and have happily signed up for the three nights (May 14-17) joining in your 2020 Spring Fling!

Had the nicest chat with Steve, at the KOA campground today, and he set it up for me. (I was surprised he even responded to my VM, as the campground closed for the season mid-October; he admitted he still goes in for a couple of hours, during the week, at least for a little while longer - what a friendly sounding guy!).

I will be coming with my 1 corgi, and likely she will be my only companion.

I'm really looking forward to meeting people, learning things, seeing things, laughing a lot, likely eating a lot (!) - and happy to show folks my trailer, of course!

Mimi, in Piermont, NH
mimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:07 AM   #10

Great Mini, Friends just went from their Casita to an Escape and love it.
Did you get to see some of the pictures of the past rallies?
You would have to go into the Rally archives and I believe it's around thread 45, there is a link to them.
I really should get all these links written down so I do not have to guess but not very computer savy so it all suffers.
I will be keeping busy during the winter building new cupboard doors for my Casita and installing them after I get it out in the spring. Going to build them out of cedar to cut down on the weight and brighten up the inside a bit.
Well keep on checking site as when the date gets closer there will be more postings.
Your host
Gerry
Old 11-16-2019, 06:07 AM   #11

NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Did you get to see some of the pictures of the past rallies?
You would have to go into the Rally archives and I believe it's around thread 45, there is a link to them.
Yes, I had a good browse of the photos from events past - looks like Jon is one of your primary photographers, and I've seen his great pics on the Escape Forum, as well.
Quite the "cast of characters" - sure looking forward to meeting some of you, and putting faces to names.

Quote:
I will be keeping busy during the winter building new cupboard doors for my Casita and installing them after I get it out in the spring. Going to build them out of cedar to cut down on the weight and brighten up the inside a bit.
You are ambitious! Hope you have fun, and not too many stumbling blocks along the way. It will be a lovely result, I'm sure - we will all be checking out your handiwork in May
Old 11-26-2019, 04:54 PM   #12

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
New Jersey
Quote:
Did you get to see some of the pictures of the past rallies? You would have to go into the Rally archives and I believe it's around thread 45, there is a link to them.
Here is a link to last years pictures:
2019 Spring Fling in New England, Chocorua Camping Village KOA, NH
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:02 PM   #13

NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Thanks, Dave - looks like you live relatively nearby. Maybe we'll see each other there, in 2020
Old 11-26-2019, 06:27 PM   #14

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Yea, Thanks Dave for posting this link. My internet has been wonky these past weeks and getting on is such a time consuming chore I just don't want to bother with it.
I have been busy working in my wood shop, building new cupboard doors out of white cedar and they came out great.
Next project is to build a new bathroom door, again out of cedar and fiberglass the inside of it with clear epoxy so the beauty shines through.
Can't wait to show it off at " Shine and Show" day at the Rally.
Heard the Kitchen is moving right along...hope the ice and snow we've had the past week doesn't stop the forward progress.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:35 AM   #15

Here's wishing all the Spring Flingers a Merry Christmas and a new adventure at every turn of the highway in the New Year.
Still busy building all new cupboard doors in my Casita, out of Cedar. I bet I reduce the weight of the trailer by 100# taking out those dark, fiberboard doors.
Can't wait to show them off at the Rally next May.
Gerry
Host of the Spring Fling in New England
Old 12-21-2019, 10:44 PM   #16

Name: John
Trailer: Escape
New York
Quote:
Here's wishing all the Spring Flingers a Merry Christmas and a new adventure at every turn of the highway in the New Year.
Still busy building all new cupboard doors in my Casita, out of Cedar. I bet I reduce the weight of the trailer by 100# taking out those dark, fiberboard doors.
Gerry
Host of the Spring Fling in New England
Merry Christmas Gerry, from out Tucson way. Can’t wait to see your new cupboard doors. John and Arleen Heck
Jheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:39 AM   #17

NH
Quote:
Still busy building all new cupboard doors in my Casita, out of Cedar.
And a Merry Christmas and grand fun, excellent health and fine adventuring in 2020 to you, Gerry - and everyone else!
Really looking forward to meeting folks and making some new friends at the rally - my first. Oh, I will learn a lot -- which, of course, is part and parcel of the above-mentioned "fun and adventuring"
Old 12-23-2019, 08:25 AM   #18

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimie View Post
Hi, Gerry (et al) -

{snip}

I will be coming with my 1 corgi, and likely she will be my only companion.

Mimi, in Piermont, NH
Hi Mimi! I'll be there with my corgi too. I've got a Cardigan. Can't wait to meet you and your corgi.
supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #19

NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercorgi View Post
Hi Mimi! I'll be there with my corgi too. t you and your corgi.
Hey there Sue!
Thanks for the friendly message. This will be my first-ever rally, so it will also be Toast's (our 12.5 yr old red & white Pembroke).
Toast has a lot of Cardi buddies- looking forward to adding your pup to her "friends list"!
Old 12-23-2019, 06:50 PM   #20

Mimi & Sue maybe you will want to get the Cirgies down to the Dog agility park and show off just what your little buddies can do.
With the cold fall and still 3 and half months of winter to go, It's hard to sit and wait for the warm spring weather that we all hope for in May.
Good friends are out west or down in FL and I stuck here in Maine.
You think at my age I would know better.