AZ Feb 10-12, 2012: Quartzsite Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Feb 10-12, 2012: Quartzsite Gathering

Hard to believe, but this will be the 5th Quartzsite Gathering, Feb 10/11/12,2012. George & Betty and Doug & Michelle will be the hosts for the event.

George & Betty will be there a few days early, arriving on Wednesday morning, Feb 8th. There are always a bunch of fiberglass trailers already there when we arrive.

Where: Same as always - Dome Rock area, Quartzsite, Arizona. Aprox 5 miles west of Quartzsite on I-10 south side of highway, next to frontage road.

Camping: Dry camping ( No facilities) on hard packed dirt. Market, water and dump station are all located in Quartzsite, 5 miles to the east.

Campfires: Campfires are allowed. Please bring some firewood if you can. As usual we will have a central firepit.

Pets: All pets must be kept on a leash while within the camp area. You are responsible for cleanup and sanitary disposible of your pets waste.

Registration: No registration is required for the event itself, however a BLM permit must be obtained and displayed on your trailer. These are available free of charge from the BLM host trailer located a mile or two from town on the frontage road.

Soup Thing: If everyone would bring a can of soup (Not cream style) they are poured into a couple of large pots and shared with everyone on Saturday afternoon.

Wine Tasting: Anyone wishing to participate in the wine tasting, please bring a bottle of wine (Red or White, your choice). This will be an open tasting where the bottles are not covered.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone - old friends and new.

George
George Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #2

Trailer: 1985 16 ft Casita
I just wanted to personaly invite everyone to our Quartzsite gathering for 2012! George has covered all the essential information in his post. I just wanted to say to those who have not attended that there is more to do than just our events. Quartzsite has tons of vendors, restaurants, RV Dealers, back roads and such. There is always something to see or do in the area. Our planned activities are all scheduled for Saturday thus freeing up time to explore locally! Most evenings are spent telling yarns around a community campfire and just enjoying the crisp desert nights.
For all the regulars, Thanks for attending and supporting this event and making it the succes it has become!
Hope to see you all there, Sincerely, Douglas Knudson
Douglas Knudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Thanx, George & Betty and Doug & Michelle, for keeping the Dome Rock Rally going! We plan to wander over from our winter 'nest' in Q for the weekend. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting lots of new folks too. Take care all and happy holidays! L 'n D

P. S. An FYI note - sadly, "Best Mexican" restaurant has closed but still lots of good eats in town, especially the "Main Street Eatery".
Old 11-10-2011, 02:55 AM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Isn't there a pre-gathering gathering? 2011 it was at Joshua Tree I understand. Where is it this year? Somewhere along the Co River?

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi, Roger CH - we don't know about the pre-gathering gig. Your best bet for info on that might be organizer George Campbell - find his post in the "Rallies/Meets ..." catagory and e-mail or PM for details.

Hope to see you there. Regards, L 'n D
Old 11-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by David & Leslie View Post
Hi, Roger CH - we don't know about the pre-gathering gig. Your best bet for info on that might be organizer George Campbell - find his post in the "Rallies/Meets ..." catagory and e-mail or PM for details.

Hope to see you there. Regards, L 'n D
We have no "Pre Gathering" planned and have never done so in the past. What others may want to do is fine, however it would not be part of the "Quartzsite Gathering".
Old 11-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Unhappy Dome Rock Pre Rally

It seems to me that I saw a post about gathering at ?Parker? AZ, instead of Joshua Tree, CA and then caravaning to Dome Rock.

Computers are such fun.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think last year the "pre gathering" and caravaning to Dome Rock info was on the CasitaForum....
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #9

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Well I said I would be back this year, but now that I'm in Indiana I don't see that happening.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #10

Trailer: 1985 16 ft Casita
Greg H, Sorry to hear you won't be coming out. You will be missed. However, I just mapquested the route and it would be around 1814 miles divided by 10 hour days at 60 MPH so you just need to leave 3 days earlier! LOL

Just 61 more days !!!!!!!!!!

Doug and Michelle
Douglas Knudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #11

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Roger, it's on the Casita site and under Other Rallies. It's spearheaded by Arizona Eileen.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:54 AM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Roger, here's a direct link to the Pre-Quartzsite Gathering on the CasitaForum
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #13

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
If I was attending this rally I would vote for the Buckskin State Park for the pre rally - was there a few weeks ago and it was the nicest park on the Colorado River that I found - not to mention that I happened to pull in as the Arizona Roundup of teardrops and vintage trailers was taking place and they were nice enough to allow my trailer to join them. Near there is the coolest bar I have ever been at about 5 miles down a desert road - Cienaga Springs Rd north of Parker - that most of the folks at the meet when to check out. No electical but they had cold beer and live band - open on week ends only. Very cool little place to find!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #14

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Chris and I are planning to attend.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #15

Name: Denece
Trailer: Compact II
California
Registry
If Wanna-Bees are welcome, Bob and I would love to come! We are drooling over the Scamp brochure as I type, but have not formally fixed our intentions yet. We'd like to see what it's all about and talk trailers with Y'all!
Denece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #16

Denece
You're more than welcome. Not only are you going to see a bunch of Casitas but also quite a few Scamps.
Looking forward to meeting you.
George & Betty
Old 01-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #17

Name: Julie
Trailer: Future Casita Owner
North Central Texas
I am hopping from foot to foot in excitement reading about the Quartzsite gathering. This is in my future for sure! Not ready yet (don't even have my RV) but in the works. Okay, a Quartzsite question: Does everyone have SOLAR?!?! I want to get my RV but not sure about solar right away..... can one dry camp without solar? I know: I need to do some investigating here.... just getting so excited thought I'd throw this question out there.
Jool
Old 01-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #18

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
If you have a deep cell battery in good condition and run the fridge on propane and lights are LED, & dont run a TV or AC and use a headlamp to read at night, you should have no problem going 4-5 days without power or solar. The only things using up power would be your water pump and the lights you use and the Fantastic Fan. The one item that will eat up power big time is a propane furnace but last month in Quartzsite I only needed to put the furnace on a few minutes before bed and a few minutes in the morning to warm the trailer up and had no problem going the two and half days I was there without having to put the solar panel out to recharge. As far as people staying in Quartzsite for more than a few days my observation was that most had a solar system of some sort but there where some that did not and they indicated they dry camp for 4 days or so and then go and pay for hook ups for a night or two to recharge up their battery.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #19

Name: Julie
Trailer: Future Casita Owner
North Central Texas
Thank you so much, Carol! This helps a lot! I'm hoping to not have to get into the solar thing for a while.... there's so much to learn, it is so complicated..... and costly. I appreciate your response.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #20

Jool
At the Quartzsite Gathering in the last few yearsa, very few people have solar. Most people have a small generator like a Honda 2000. This allows you to recharge your battery and also run the A/C in the summer. If you did not have a generator, I'm sure someone would let you use their's for a couple of hours to top off the battery.
George