FGRV Rally Calendar - Post a rally, Find a rally - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
Administrator
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Name: Janet
Trailer: Argosy
Washington
Posts: 1,750
Registry
FGRV Rally Calendar - Post a rally, Find a rally

We have an enhanced rally calendar to help members find or promote rallies.

You can add an event to the calendar by clicking "Calendar" on the tool bar above. The Calendar is interactive and once a listing is set up, attendees can add their names to an attendance list (or remove them if plans change). This allows everyone to see who will be attending and should facilitate rally planning. When you start a new rally thread, be sure to set up a calendar listing and include a link to it in your thread. Anyone can post a rally and once posted, you can edit your calendar listing (in case your event changes).

The goal is over time, to develop a centralized rally listing for ALL events; forum rallies, TCT and casual get-togethers. You can add next summers events now, including contact info, if desired, or even a downloadable registration form (if you have one).

Rally ads: Coming soon: we will offer FREE rally ads for all rallies listed on the calendar. They will rotate on the side bar of most pages and will substantially increase visibility for your event. We can design one for you or you can do it yourself. Contact any moderator for info about this.
If you need help with the new section or have questions - please ask.

As the calendar evolves it should become a huge resource for the community. You can see an example of fun listing here

Add 'em if you've got 'em!
__________________

__________________
.
FGRV Forum Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Roy in TO's Avatar
 
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Posts: 4,954
For the first time in a while I don't see any rallies listed in the upcoming events. I do see many posted in the forums.

Would the organizers of those events please be so kind as to post the details as described above. It is an easy way for us to find the events and plan our trips.
I
've also sent a PM to Carol H asking her if she would start a 2014 Rally Map. She has done such a great job of it in the past years. I think many of us are thankful for her efforts and looking forward to seeing it continue in the future.

Thank you to all that do the work so we can enjoy these gatherings.

Roy
__________________

__________________
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Sorry have been slow in putting up a 2014 map will get it done asp. Roy if you check the 2013 map there are still a few rallies coming up before the end of the year.

What happens is if the organizers dont post their rallies into the calendar then they do not show up under the upcoming Events section on the right bottom of the screen.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Kip in Ga.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Posts: 459
Can you delete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
We have an enhanced rally calendar to help members find or promote rallies.

You can add an event to the calendar by clicking "Calendar" on the tool bar above. The Calendar is interactive and once a listing is set up, attendees can add their names to an attendance list (or remove them if plans change). This allows everyone to see who will be attending and should facilitate rally planning. When you start a new rally thread, be sure to set up a calendar listing and include a link to it in your thread. Anyone can post a rally and once posted, you can edit your calendar listing (in case your event changes).

The goal is over time, to develop a centralized rally listing for ALL events; forum rallies, TCT and casual get-togethers. You can add next summers events now, including contact info, if desired, or even a downloadable registration form (if you have one).

Rally ads: Coming soon: we will offer FREE rally ads for all rallies listed on the calendar. They will rotate on the side bar of most pages and will substantially increase visibility for your event. We can design one for you or you can do it yourself. Contact any moderator for info about this.
If you need help with the new section or have questions - please ask.

As the calendar evolves it should become a huge resource for the community. You can see an example of fun listing here

Add 'em if you've got 'em!
Thanks Janet Got it on the calendar as best I could.

As administrator can you delete a thread? I tried but failed!

Wound up with 2 for our Cherokee rally.

I want to keep the one that reads Cherokee October 16-19-2014

Would like to delete the one that simply reads Cherokee 2014

You can look at both of them and see I'm trying to discourage usage on the one I need to delete.

Thanks,
Kip
__________________
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:45 AM   #5
Administrator
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Name: Janet
Trailer: Argosy
Washington
Posts: 1,750
Registry
No problem Kip this has been taken care of.
__________________
.
FGRV Forum Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Kip in Ga.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
No problem Kip this has been taken care of.
Thanks Janet,

You did good! A lot to learn here, that seemed so easy for Jean.

How do we contact you, other than replying to a post?

Kip
__________________
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Kip in Ga.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post
Thanks Janet,

You did good! A lot to learn here, that seemed so easy for Jean.

How do we contact you, other than replying to a post?

Kip

Janet,

When I click on the "UPCOMING EVENTS" the message is that there are no Events scheduled for the next 465 days.

Yet, when signed in, and I click on the Calendar button and go to October 2014, Cherokee 2014 is there in the appropriate dates. I can click on any one of them and it brings up the proper Thread.

Have I done something wrong? Can you help?

Thanks,
Kip
__________________
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Roy in TO's Avatar
 
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Posts: 4,954
Hi Kip,
I asked Janet about it. They are working on it. Seems to be a code issue on the site end and it does NOT appear to be you as it also involves others.

On edit, added NOT to correct local brain keyboard issue.
__________________
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
carlkeigley's Avatar
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Posts: 2,366
Code issue?..............Yeah! Right!......lol

just kidding.
__________________
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Kip in Ga.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Hi Kip,
I asked Janet about it. They are working on it. Seems to be a code issue on the site end and it does NOT appear to be you as it also involves others.

On edit, added NOT to correct local brain keyboard issue.
Thanks Roy.
I was afraid I had broken it!

Kip
__________________
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Wallo's Avatar
 
Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Posts: 486
Registry
It is a shame people list rallies on the threads but forget to also post them on the calendar. it would be cool if a rally had to be posted to the calendar first, and the calendar post created a thread.

just dreaming.

Alice
__________________
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
AND, I prefer if folks have a rally planned, they put the date first in the title. Sigh.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Wallo's Avatar
 
Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Posts: 486
Registry
The reason I am being so picky is next year I want to do a x-country trip. It would be nice if maybe I could plan the trip around some of the rally's. Ex. The Kings City, Ca is in the beginning of May and the Maryhill, WA is two weekends later. If they were back to back, I could hit both.

Well, I can dream.

Alice
__________________
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:36 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
carlkeigley's Avatar
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Posts: 2,366
I've been looking at the Rally Calendar and it appears
to be "off" on the number and the day..............

Edit: Now that I look at August I may be looking at
the number and day cross eyed.
__________________

__________________
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texas Hill Country FGRV rally Phil Underwood Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 19 04-14-2009 04:47 PM
2008 Matagorda Madness FGRV rally pics Phil Underwood Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 0 12-12-2008 10:14 PM
Announcing PineKnot FGRV Rally #2 Paul Stringer General Chat 0 02-22-2006 10:23 AM
Getting Ready for Rally Legacy Posts General Chat 3 06-16-2003 02:42 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.