BC 2017 (June & Sept) Island Bolers and Friends Meet-ups - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2016, 01:45 PM   #1

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
2017 (June & Sept) Island Bolers and Friends Meet-ups

Heading to Alaska? Always wanted an excuse to visit Vancouver Island? Always wanted to ride on a ferry? Now's your chance.

We gather twice a year on this lovely Island.

June 9th to 11th
at Living Forest Campground in Nanaimo - Theme - Christmas. Welcome to the Living Forest Oceanside Campground + RV Park on Vancouver Island

September 15th to 17th at Sooke River Campground in Sooke - Theme - Favourite Mystery Sleuth. RV & Tent Camping in Sooke, BC - Sooke River Campground

If you wish to join us, please contact the campground, let them know you are with us, and book a spot in the group site. Then please message us to let us know you are coming and what site you are in.

There are 3 different ferry systems to the island - The Black Ball Ferry from Port Angeles, Washington, The Anacortes Ferry from Anacortes, Washington, and the BC Ferries from Tsawwassen and Horseshoe Bay, Vancouver.

Hope to see you there.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:54 PM   #2

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
nope as were going to Alaska, this year or?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Claire View Post
Heading to Alaska? Always wanted an excuse to visit Vancouver Island? Always wanted to ride on a ferry? Now's your chance.

June 9th to 11th
at Living Forest Campground in Nanaimo - Theme - Christmas. Welcome to the Living Forest Oceanside Campground + RV Park on Vancouver Island

September 15th to 17th at Sooke River Campground in Sooke - Theme - Favourite Mystery Sleuth. RV & Tent Camping in Sooke, BC - Sooke River Campground

If you wish to join us, please contact the campground, let them know you are with us, and book a spot in the group site. Then please message us to let us know you are coming and what site you are in.

There are 3 different ferry systems to the island - The Black Ball Ferry from Port Angeles, Washington, The Anacortes Ferry from Anacortes, Washington, and the BC Ferries from Tsawwassen and Horseshoe Bay, Vancouver.

Hope to see you there.
e were supposed to go last year but my wife got her wish and we went other places for her. So next year it is my turn as I have not been there for at least 40 years and I bet a lot has changed, no more meeting of Winslow on the road up or down for that matter as he does not show up on Paved roads.
Also I have a much better rig to do this in than I had 40 years ago, most of the time back then I slept on the ground Because I drank to much now I no longer drink.
Plus we now have friends who live up that way so we can stop and visit and park in their yards when there, called Free Camping.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:03 PM   #3

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee 15'-0
British Columbia
Is the meet restricted to Bolers ... Trilliums allowed ?

Thanks ~ Peter
peatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:45 PM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Did you get an answer Peter, are us Trilliums going to be allowed to join in ?
Tim from BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:45 PM   #5

British Columbia
Nothing here yet Tim ... all in good time I expect !
Old 11-03-2016, 06:12 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by peatle View Post
Is the meet restricted to Bolers ... Trilliums allowed ?

Thanks ~ Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim from BC View Post
Did you get an answer Peter, are us Trilliums going to be allowed to join in ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by peatle View Post
Nothing here yet Tim ... all in good time I expect !
I don't want to speak on behalf of the organizers but I can assure you that all moulded fibreglass trailers are welcome. We were there last year with our Escape 19' and less than half the attendees were in Boler's .. lots of great trailers were there.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:43 PM   #7

British Columbia
Ian, people come to these rallies in what ever they are now driving.

It is like owning a studebaker Car/truck at one time we had around 10 of them now we have none due to lack of ready cash on hand re-pension funds are not all that great. We still atten all the Studebaker show and shines.
But we have a nice old CLass A that we like, maybe someday it will be larger.
stude
Old 11-03-2016, 11:34 PM   #8

British Columbia
Thanks IanG .... kinda thought 'all allowed' would be the case but thought I'd better check !
Old 01-16-2017, 08:59 PM   #9

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp - "The Haunted Mansion" (13') and TBD (16')
Colorado
Registry
We are looking forward to joining you - hopefully our little Scamp is welcome among your Bolers.

Tony and Myka Raymond
The Haunted Mansion, Scamp 13'

Quote:

June 9th to 11th

Hope to see you there.
Sohkraites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:17 AM   #10

British Columbia
Registry
Your little Scamp is more then welcome. We started out as a Boler group, but are open to all makes and models of Fiberglass trailers. We also welcome those who dream of owning a Fiberglass trailer and those who no longer own one.

We look forward to meeting you.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:49 AM   #11

British Columbia
The cost of the Ferry from Horseshoe Bay is same as from the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohkraites View Post
We are looking forward to joining you - hopefully our little Scamp is welcome among your Bolers.

Tony and Myka Raymond
The Haunted Mansion, Scamp 13'
ther location for us it is just over $300 over and back we are a total of 45' long with tow'd on back, there is no way we would leave it at home after spending those dollars we want to see more.
Stude
Old 01-17-2017, 07:40 AM   #12

Colorado
Registry
Yea! Our site is booked! G-13 (how appropriate for the Haunted Mansion! ). We are arriving a couple days early to check out the island, and look forward to attending our first rally!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Old 01-22-2017, 11:52 PM   #13

Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Your little Scamp is more then welcome. We started out as a Boler group, but are open to all makes and models of Fiberglass trailers. We also welcome those who dream of owning a Fiberglass trailer and those who no longer own one.

We look forward to meeting you.
Island Claire - Since this is our first rally, what should we know? Is there an agenda? What sorts of things/activities should we expect? So very excited to participate!

-Tony & Myka
The Haunted Mansion - Scamp 13'

Old 01-23-2017, 08:04 PM   #14

British Columbia
Registry
We are pretty laid back.

Friday night people arrive and settle in and this year as the theme is Christmas, I imagine there will be decorating happening. Weather and fire restrictions permitting, we have a common fire pit.

Saturday morning at 10 we gather and then people visit each others trailers.

Saturday afternoon has been "free time", but this year we may be offering a painting craft at a cost around $40 for supplies, or a hike, and there is always Ian Giles items to browse.

Saturday evening at 6 we have a potluck supper followed by a costume contest based on the theme. We have stipulated that if you want to come as Santa, you must put some sort of twist to the costume - no ordinary Santa's. And after that the fire pit is usually going.

Sunday, we pack up and head home.

Hopes this helps.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:28 AM   #15

Colorado
Registry
Quote:
We are pretty laid back.

Friday night people arrive and settle in and this year as the theme is Christmas, I imagine there will be decorating happening. Weather and fire restrictions permitting, we have a common fire pit.

Saturday morning at 10 we gather and then people visit each others trailers.

Saturday afternoon has been "free time", but this year we may be offering a painting craft at a cost around $40 for supplies, or a hike, and there is always Ian Giles items to browse.

Saturday evening at 6 we have a potluck supper followed by a costume contest based on the theme. We have stipulated that if you want to come as Santa, you must put some sort of twist to the costume - no ordinary Santa's. And after that the fire pit is usually going.

Sunday, we pack up and head home.

Hopes this helps.
Sounds like fun! Can't wait! Thank you!

Old 02-12-2017, 10:22 PM   #16

Colorado
Registry
What sorts of foods do you guys have? Already thinking about the trip and the menu!
Old 03-05-2017, 10:24 PM   #17

Name: debra
Trailer: 1936 Kaycraft Kampster
Idaho
hey there. i am a boler bitch and am thinking about coming to your june event on vancoover isl. would like to bring a friend of mine who would be coming in her T@B trailer. is this a fiberglass only event or would she be welcome? thank you
hdpendent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:33 PM   #18

British Columbia
Registry
Sohkraites we have all kinds of food. All depends on who is cooking. Some bring something along the lines of the theme, some of us use smokers and some of us create something in our slow cookers, and some of us head to the nearest store and pick up something. We cover the gamete from salads to veg platters; sushi to seafood and even some vegetarian and gluten free. And of course there will be desert.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:37 PM   #19

British Columbia
Registry
hdependent. We welcome T@b's. One of our group has made a homemade version of a t@b. Looking forward to seeing you. pm me with your sites and names please, just so we know who is where, and have a rough idea of how many are coming.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #20

Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Sohkraites we have all kinds of food. All depends on who is cooking. Some bring something along the lines of the theme, some of us use smokers and some of us create something in our slow cookers, and some of us head to the nearest store and pick up something. We cover the gamete from salads to veg platters; sushi to seafood and even some vegetarian and gluten free. And of course there will be desert.
Awesome! We are so looking forward to it! Thanks for the info!

Tony & Myka

Tags
boler