ME New England? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2016, 11:18 AM   #1

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
New England?

Are there ever any rallies in New England? The closest I have seen on the map is New York which I might do but I would love to see an egg cluster come my way!
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:55 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
there are a couple rallies in the New England area but they are for vintage campers. We take our Uhaul to one in the fall in Brattleboro VT. Last year there was a Scamp rally in NY at Sampson State Park in Sept.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:08 AM   #3

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Keep an eye on the 2016 rally map (first thread in this section) . Nothing yet in New England shown. Two in Canada; One in Nova Scotia (geographically not so far but the drive might be a killer), and Bolerama, west of you. The latter has many different brand trailers attend so it's an option, too.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:00 AM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
The best way to attend a rally is to host one, start one yourself. Find an interesting place to camp and they will come....
Old 04-14-2016, 08:20 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
The Casita forum has a Cape Cod rally posted June 2016? Scussett Cape Cod Canal - Northeast - The Casita Club Forums

I checked and all "eggs" are invited.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:22 AM   #6

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Steve ----Nova Scotia from Maine isn't that far at all...and far from "being a killer", the drive is actually quite lovely---being as how it would be right thru New Brunswick!

But yes, consider the idea of starting/hosting your own rally...it's always nice to have more to choose from.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
I was thinking it was like seeing a restaurant across the river. Its right there....but you just have to drive 5 miles up to the bridge and 5 miles back.

I was out to Bath and Freeport (LLB!) in my grand tour on New England a couple years ago and agree it's very nice. Sometimes a vacation is about the trip, sometimes it's about the destination. The latter often being the case in time-limited vacations.

In my case I've heard too many horror stories about US Customs that it's put me off visiting Canada. Most of my family came in through PEI as well as a couple provincial parks along Lake Huron I'd have liked to visit. Perhaps after I retire...
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:26 PM   #8

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Steve....US customs have a well-deserved reputation in this area for fair and equitable treatment of all US citizens returning home. As for Canadians entering the US, again, I haven't heard any bad stories.
Not that others here won't have stories to tell......
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:41 PM   #9

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Here is a story. We took a shortcut through Canada, from UP of MI to Vermont, via Ontario and Quebec. The US customs took from me a piece of kiwi fruit that we actually did buy in the US. After that I thought I should have offered to eat it on the spot, fuzz and all, but I was too timid. Their approach seemed a little too serious.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:32 AM   #10

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
The Casita forum has a Cape Cod rally posted June 2016? Scussett Cape Cod Canal - Northeast - The Casita Club Forums

I checked and all "eggs" are invited.
I'd like to go and see some eggs, as they might as well be dinosaur eggs for all you can find around here. That Casita meet is June 9th, but unfortunately our kids have scheduled a family camp-out that week at Wells State Park in Sturbridge (MA). Unless we find one before then, the only trailer will be our daughter's 1963 Avion T-20, which they have restored to traveling condition and modified with bunks. It should qualify as an 'aluminum egg' though. . .

/Mr Lynn
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:29 AM   #11

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
I'd like to go and see some eggs, as they might as well be dinosaur eggs for all you can find around here. That Casita meet is June 9th, but unfortunately our kids have scheduled a family camp-out that week at Wells State Park in Sturbridge (MA). Unless we find one before then, the only trailer will be our daughter's 1963 Avion T-20, which they have restored to traveling condition and modified with bunks. It should qualify as an 'aluminum egg' though. . .

/Mr Lynn

Call the manufacturer(s) of the brand of fiberglass trailer(s) which interest you. They can put you in contact with local owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 04-21-2016, 06:30 AM   #12

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Steve L.

We've crossed the border into Canada at least 20 times. We rarely have to surrender anything, sure a few apples and even some chicken, both during some kind of potential threat like bird flu. Potatoes can be an issue as well. Items can be taken in either direction, it's so rare not to be important.

As long as you pay attention to the small rules, no guns, limited alcohol, proper pet papers, there's no problems. We never joke when crossing either coming or going.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:59 AM   #13

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
You said it perfectly, Norm.

Pay attention, let them finish their question, be neutral, a mild smile might be OK. If they have a sense of humor and want to exercise it, fine, but that is on their terms. On one return from Nova Scotia we were asked by a US agent what we are bringing back and we said: "Some rocks." , to which he said: "Don't you have enough of them in Vermont?".

Another story is from the time of the Mad Cow Disease international spat (sometime in the '90s), when the Canadians asked us to pull into a shed and brought a drug sniffing dog. The return was just the opposite, a friendly US agent pointed out a black bear which was cavorting in the woods, not far from the road.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:25 AM   #14

Name: Karin & Don
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13Ft
Maine
I think it would it would be great if someone could organize a rally up here in Maine.Maybe when the colors are changing (although we might be competing for space with the leaf-peepers.
Kardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:16 AM   #15

Name: Pierre
Trailer: Sidekick 1500 2014
Quebec
Hi,Jaye. There will be a gathering in the Beauce region, near by the border in earley september. Last year, we were 160 trailers. Interested?
Balou is offline   Reply With Quote