OR Oct 11-14, 2012: Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Oct 11-14, 2012: Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering

Waterloo County Park (just east of Lebanon, Oregon)

Okay, change of plans. We're not going to the beach for the Fall NOG, we're heading back to Waterloo! N44° 29.7426', W122° 49.3046'

You can either make reservations online at: Linn County Parks and Recreation - Waterloo or by calling 541-967-3917 during regular business hours.

Goofy outfits not needed!!!
Abba - Waterloo

The Fall NOG is always the second full weekend in October. I'm coming in on Wed. Oct. 10, leaving Mon. Oct. 15. Come early, stay late!

Post in this topic or at the CasitaForum.. but not both...when you get your reservation made. I'll continually update the map and participants listing at the top post at the CasitaForum: October 11-14, 2012: NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Casita Travel Trailer Forum

Ready, set, go!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #2

Where is everybody???? Normally reservations happen quickly. Do people NOT want to go back to Waterloo???
Old 02-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Donna D.,

We have our reservations and are coming even if we camp alone. Waterloo is one of the best parks in our minds. Hang in there!

Mike and Sandy
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:48 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Now that it is NOT gonna be on the Canadian Thanksgiving Long weekend (and thus no longer conflicts with the Fall Monroe Antique Auto Parts swap meet) it may be poss for Spouse & I to attend
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #5

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
BCDave and Wife!
Oh Boy, if you come, we can sit down and talk Metro-trash! Who's had the least rust and the prettiest color scheme...what FUN!
Hope to see you there and meet you (if I didn't already meet you at one of the Ft. Langley Glass Egg meets). Did I ever meet you two, live and in person? I've got the senior-memory-lapses-goin'-on now....DAMN.
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Well- since we have never been to ANY camping-gathering, ever, t'aint likely that we have met before at one of those! I did go (for an hour or two) last fall to the one at Fort Langley, just to see what some of the trailers looked like and to meet a couple of folks. She has never been near one.

We will be going to the Spring NOG this year. That will actually be the very first time we will have ever gone somewhere with a trailer "just for camping". As to whether or not we ever repeat that type of trip - we'll see how the Spring NOG works for us.

Our previous experience at "going camping" involved a truck-mounted camper, 30 plus years ago. We got thru the Friday night, but by noon Saturday, we determined that a root canal would be preferable to staying in the campground any longer. This was a "boondocking" campground, in a National Park. Home offered Air Cond, Television, and comfortable recliner chairs. Campground offered - well - mosquitoes, midges, no-see-ums, horseflies, heat, washrooms that involved a walk to "over there" (and were of the "pit-privvy type) and an overall experience that was just plain deadly dull boring.

We are more like the folks who use a trailer as a hotel room when going to specific places or events, so we'll see if we "survive" the Spring NOG
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #7

Oh Dear Lord!...

...the Spring NOG is only 2 blocks away from my house in Manzanita (next to Nehalem Bay State Park)...now I'd really better work hard at convincing the Spring Weather Gods to give us some dry weather! And preferably not too windy (as it does get a bit windy down here). We don't want Manzanita to make a bad impression on you two, at your first Rally/Meet. The better the weather, the more fun the Meet!

Not to worry! Another good point, besides dry weather, is FANTASTIC FOOD, and we'll have that rain or shine!!! We have good cooks attending this meet. It's so good, that I am always trying to be FIRST in line for the Saturday pot-luck dinner.

Yup, we didn't meet at last year's Fall meet at the Fort, 'cause I attended the Spring meet in May. You would've remembered my cuter-than-cute little '73 Retro Compact II!

See you in two months! I haven't signed up yet, but we will be there.
Barbara
Old 03-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #8

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 1977 13-foot Scamp
Washington
You can't miss Barbara's trailer. It's the one with the signs in the front yard.

It took this picture last year at Taidnapam park. It was my first fiberglass gathering and only the second time out with my 1977 Scamp.

The gang has gathered behind Barbara's Compact II for the Saturday night potluck.

Speaking of Taidnapam and slow reservations, I'm hoping more fiberglass trailer friends will start reserving the center of the camping area. So far it is just Anne in 210, Roger and Mary in 214 and myself in 215. There were a lot more in that part last year. It would be nice to have neighbors in fiberglass trailers.

I'm sure more will sign up as both events gets closer. I am planning on attending the Fall NOG at Waterloo and will try to make a reservation soon.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3151a.jpg  
Jeff Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #9

Loved the PIC you took at last year's Taidnapam!

Jeff,
I just barely got my reservation made for Taidnapam and still haven't signed up for Waterloo yet...I'd better get into action, although I'm totally focussed on my more-than-month-long Trailer trip, coming up in just 4 SHORT days.

It will be fun to see you again, in June @Taidnapam. I always enjoy that spot!!! AND the fun people who keep on coming to make the meet so special.

Happy TRAILS to ALL of US!
BB
Old 04-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #10

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Dawn and I are in 45a. I finally got off my rear and made some reservations this year, had a hard time thinking of having fun with all this crummy weather.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #11

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Greetings Donna and friendly fellow crampers,

Simon and I have reserved WATERLOO #34A, arriving Wed 10/10 and departing Sunday, 10/14.
This is one of our favorite parks, so we're very pleased.
We'll be seeing you all in April, at the Spring NOG, then in June at Taidnapum, and finally in Oct here at Waterloo.

If anybody is sneaking in any other cramping gigs, let us know. We might be game.

Cheers all,
Sharen Heath
Whidbey Island, WA
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #12

Ooops wrong topic...
Old 04-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #13

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Byron and Anne will be in 48A
Old 04-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #14

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Reminder to those camping for 3 or more days. Linn County Parks has pay for 2 days get the third one free. Below is the link to the coupon.

http://www.co.linn.or.us/parks/parks...n2012Final.pdf
Old 05-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #15

Trailer: 80 HawaiiLo 16 ft
Site 46A

Dee and I are cancelling our reservation so site 46A will be available. Keith
Jayfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #16

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Charlie and Linda from Bellingham picked up site 46. Arriving Thursday and leaving on Sunday.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #17

Hi Charlie, saw your post over on CasitaForum so I've got you and Linda on the listing. See you at Taidnapam
Old 06-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #18

Trailer: 1977 Surfside
Registry
Hi! Al and Theresa will be in site 10A, hope the weather is good. We really enjoyed camping in Manzanita, the rain was something, but it was a great park.
theresa shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #19

At the Oregon Gathering folks were asking about other gatherings happening this year in Oregon. THIS is it as far as I know. Make your reservations and come join us! If you were at the OG, you'll meet some of the same folks again. GOOD TIMES AT THE NOG!
Old 07-21-2012, 02:59 AM   #20

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Hunter Compact Junior
Oregon
I'm not familiar with the NOG. Any chance a day tripper can stop by and admire the rigs and get some ideas? I'd sure love to stop by and say I want that . . and that . . and that . .

Unless of course I find something by then.
Kevin PDX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fall