FL Rally in Florida? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2017, 10:28 AM   #1

Name: Dwain
Trailer: Searching
Florida
Rally in Florida?

Does anyone know if there are any upcoming FG Rally's in Florida?
Dwain
Dwainkitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:51 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Maybe you already have your answer, but the place to look is the Rally Map in the "More" tab at the top of the page. (On the app you can find the link in one of the sticky threads in the Rallies section.)

My guess is that rallies in Florida would be in the cooler months.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:04 AM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Maybe you already have your answer, but the place to look is the Rally Map in the "More" tab at the top of the page. (On the app you can find the link in one of the sticky threads in the Rallies section.)

My guess is that rallies in Florida would be in the cooler months.
Sorry, Jon, but I have to ask. What cooler months?
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:08 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Sorry, Jon, but I have to ask. What cooler months?
Not Jon, but that would be Dec, Jan and Feb.
George A Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:24 PM   #5

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
There's one this weekend at the Suwannee Music Park in beautiful Live Oak, Florida! Check it out on the FGRV calendar. We're planning to be there.
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:52 PM   #6

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by George A Shupp View Post
Not Jon, but that would be Dec, Jan and Feb.
Sorry for the mistake, George.
But having lived in Florida since 1985, I have seen 80°+ temperatures in all three of those months!
Old 05-29-2017, 01:40 PM   #7

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Casita Independence "Callimachusita"
Ocean City, NJ
Search FB or Casita Forum for Florida Egg Rally and S' More. There is one in January at and one in March.
Pod Puppies: Josie and Frankie, Casita Kittens: Madison & Razzel & Mrs. Chow
librarianocnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:41 PM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Having visited Florida in August ,September ,January ,February and March ,we have encountered only a few days of mild ,comfortable weather and they were the exception to the rule and we were in the Florida Panhandle. Having to sit inside our trailer all day with the A/C on full blast is not our idea of a vacation.
Northern Georgia up in the mountains was much more to our liking.

** The high today here in Northern Wisconsin is supposed to be
56 deg F **
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:13 PM   #9

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Having visited Florida in August ,September ,January ,February and March ,we have encountered only a few days of mild ,comfortable weather and they were the exception to the rule and we were in the Florida Panhandle. Having to sit inside our trailer all day with the A/C on full blast is not our idea of a vacation.
Northern Georgia up in the mountains was much more to our liking.

** The high today here in Northern Wisconsin is supposed to be
56 deg F **
In the 32 years I have lived in Florida, while I have seen a few 80°+ days in January, February, and March, I could count on one hand the number of times I had to run the air conditioner. August and September almost definitely, but only a glutton for punishment or an "uninformed" person would purposely vacation in Florida during the "summer" months! Or parents of children who just must visit the Mouse. Temperatures during the "winter" months were like those in spring/early summer when I lived in NH. I did see snow flurries here one time.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:29 PM   #10

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
In the 32 years I have lived in Florida, while I have seen a few 80°+ days in January, February, and March, I could count on one hand the number of times I had to run the air conditioner. August and September almost definitely, but only a glutton for punishment or an "uninformed" person would purposely vacation in Florida during the "summer" months! Or parents of children who just must visit the Mouse.
I was in Florida during August / September because of a seminar / conference I had to attend . They chose August because a conference center and rooms were available. The choice was not mine to make.
I do not like heat so any time temps are above 70 deg , I am uncomfortable . That's why we now spend our winters in NW Wisconsin , we find the climate more enjoyable.
In the Winter we go to Iowa or Missouri if we want to get out of the cold for a few days .
Nothing against Florida , it's just too hot and humid for us.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:06 PM   #11

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I was in Florida during August / September because of a seminar / conference I had to attend . They chose August because a conference center and rooms were available. The choice was not mine to make.
I do not like heat so any time temps are above 70 deg , I am uncomfortable . That's why we now spend our winters in NW Wisconsin , we find the climate more enjoyable.
In the Winter we go to Iowa or Missouri if we want to get out of the cold for a few days .
Nothing against Florida , it's just too hot and humid for us.
You definitely have my sympathies. They couldn't have found another location for the seminar at that time of the year? That sucks! One has to live in Florida for some time in order to get acclimatized. Even so, I try to go North for much of the summer. When it gets below 55°, I put on a light jacket. If I had to move back to New England, I think I would "die" for a couple of years until I got reacclimatized to winter temps.

Tags
rally