Scamp Camp Feb. 2018 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2018, 09:15 AM   #1

Name: Mike & Helene
Trailer: Scamp 5er
Florida
Scamp Camp Feb. 2018

Started this on the wrong place. Who.s going to this years Scamp Camp in Sebring, Fla. I estimate at least 90 - 100 units. Can we make it more??

Mike Sullivan - 2 people

Moderator's note: I moved it for ya!
Old 01-30-2018, 09:32 AM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sullivan View Post
Started this on the wrong place. Who.s going to this years Scamp Camp in Sebring, Fla. I estimate at least 90 - 100 units. Can we make it more??

Mike Sullivan - 2 people
That would be a record!
Deb and I intend to be there. site 78
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:16 AM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
That would be a record!
Deb and I intend to be there. site 78
Yes, number wise that is a bit optimistic. I think more might come if there were available campsites but potential Scamp Campers have to compete with snowbirds who bounce around between Florida’s State Parks all winter long.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:20 AM   #4

Registry
Actually right now is a great time to check for a site! There are often last minute cancellations, from non-rally as well as rally campers.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:53 PM   #5

Name: Michael
Trailer: Escape 21
Georgia
Elaine and I will be there, site 53. In fact we are making our way there now.
lijMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:15 PM   #6

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
I'm heading out about noon tomorrow. Packing up the trailer tonight. Will spend the week before Scamp Camp at Lake Louisa State Park - came highly recommended last year at Scamp Camp. Site 30 at Highland Hammock.

Planning a nice leisurely drive down.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:37 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe
We will be to the Scamp Camp 1st time. Sites are hard to find, but we got site 41 for the night of Wed the 14 depart on the 16th. We are hoping to see 16ft campers with side dinette down sizing from our 19ft Scamp. Also we will have for sale our 19 ft 5th wheel deluxe 2005. Looking forward to meeting other scampers. Bob Judy
ROBERT HYSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:06 AM   #8

Name: Janis
Trailer: egg camper 13 ft
Florida
We're going
Jan and Ron Daytona Beach
Janis Morley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:31 AM   #9

Florida
I made my reservations exactly 11 months before my arrival date. there was still alot of people already having sites for the dates i wanted. I had no trouble getting the site I wanted and neither did several friends of mine. A good time will be had by one and all.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:18 PM   #10

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Florida
Site 71

We are arriving Friday the 9th. Looking forward to a relaxing time and Sebring's famous $0.25 water with lemon (inside joke)

Dave and Angel
Cajun Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #11

Florida
What site are you in Dave,,looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #12

Florida
71. We r looking forward to gathering also. Reviewing my list now. Wine, firewood, wine, firewood.....
Old 02-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #13

Florida
Scamp Camp Schedule

Has anyone seen a schedule calendar yet?
Old 02-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #14

Registry
Below is an e-mail I received recently from our ScampCamp Hosts,
(Dick and Lynda Freed) ...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
SCAMP CAMP 2018

This is a listing of things you should prepare for:

Service projects:
Soda (pop) or beer, or cat food Can tabs: we collect these for various charities in the area.
Box tops for education: support of the Red Bird Mission. They collected from a number of churches and were able to purchase a van for their ministries with the box tops collected in 2015.
Campbells Soup Labels
Wine Corks for craft projects
Popsicle sticks for craft projects
Firewood (Florida residents only) If you can bring along an armful of wood for campfires, it would be helpful. Florida law prohibits firewood from outside sources.

I am looking for a volunteer to do this year’s camp photograph.If you are willing to do this, please contact me.

Monday Pot Luck (chili dump)—If you have a recipe for chili, make it ahead of time and we will “dump” it together with other recipes contributed for this event. AND/OR bring along a side dish or dessert to share.

Tuesday Hot dogs – Hot dogs, buns, and condiments will be provided, bring side dishes and/or dessert to share.

Wednesday – ALL CAMP POTLUCK put on by rangers and park hosts at the Rec hall. Bring whatever you want to share.

Great Give-away: Bring something to give away. This can be almost anything. It would be nice if you could donate something that is clearly from the area of the country you are from, a camping related item, or “whatever”.

Other events will be listed on a schedule you will receive when you register – please come to site 77, where we will be located. 33 campers have notified me of their registration for the camp as of this writing.

Keep Betty McAdams (undergoing chemo treatment) and Gerry Felker (Hip replacement) in your prayers for recovery. They both have notified me that they will not be able to attend this year. If you are aware of any others from our group who are having physical problems, please bring these to our attention.

Dick & Lynda Freed, Hosts
Old 02-02-2018, 06:52 AM   #15

Name: chris
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
We will be there. At Lake Manatee now. See you soon!
Nelliebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:05 AM   #16

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Movin' inn on Sunday. Exploring the area for a 2 week stay, then off to Salt Springs for a 2 week stay. Snow birds can't just land in one tree ya know!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1040528.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:51 AM   #17

Name: Jill
Trailer: Eggcamper
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sullivan View Post

Mike Sullivan - 2 people

Moderator's note: I moved it for ya!

We have site 137. But will be there only this coming Sunday and Monday. We sold our little red Eggcamper and will be there instead with a spanking new one-piece fiberglass shell Coach House that we are picking up from the factory in Nokomis tomorrow.
MinnesotaJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:08 AM   #18

Name: Jill
Trailer: Eggcamper
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Below is an e-mail I received recently from our ScampCamp Hosts,
(Dick and Lynda Freed) ...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
SCAMP CAMP 2018

This is a listing of things you should prepare for:

Service projects:
Soda (pop) or beer, or cat food Can tabs: we collect these for various charities in the area.
Box tops for education: support of the Red Bird Mission. They collected from a number of churches and were able to purchase a van for their ministries with the box tops collected in 2015.
Campbells Soup Labels
Wine Corks for craft projects
Popsicle sticks for craft projects
Firewood (Florida residents only) If you can bring along an armful of wood for campfires, it would be helpful. Florida law prohibits firewood from outside sources.

I am looking for a volunteer to do this year’s camp photograph.If you are willing to do this, please contact me.

Monday Pot Luck (chili dump)—If you have a recipe for chili, make it ahead of time and we will “dump” it together with other recipes contributed for this event. AND/OR bring along a side dish or dessert to share.

Tuesday Hot dogs – Hot dogs, buns, and condiments will be provided, bring side dishes and/or dessert to share.

Wednesday – ALL CAMP POTLUCK put on by rangers and park hosts at the Rec hall. Bring whatever you want to share.

Great Give-away: Bring something to give away. This can be almost anything. It would be nice if you could donate something that is clearly from the area of the country you are from, a camping related item, or “whatever”.

Other events will be listed on a schedule you will receive when you register – please come to site 77, where we will be located. 33 campers have notified me of their registration for the camp as of this writing.

Keep Betty McAdams (undergoing chemo treatment) and Gerry Felker (Hip replacement) in your prayers for recovery. They both have notified me that they will not be able to attend this year. If you are aware of any others from our group who are having physical problems, please bring these to our attention.

Dick & Lynda Freed, Hosts

We didn't really sign up for the camp activities this year since we will be there for just 2 early days, but our new fiberglass RV will be open for viewing. It isn't a TT but I think a one piece FG shell RV can still be on the "fringe" of belonging to this group. I wanted to keep our Eggcamper, but DH had different ideas. This was the compromise. A full FG RV. Hope to see you there and not be "shunned" for breaking the "mold"!
MinnesotaJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:47 AM   #19

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: All... Movin' inn on Sunday. Exploring the area for a 2 week stay, then off to Salt Springs for a 2 week stay. Snow birds can't just land in one tree ya know!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
We spent only 2 days at Salt Springs two weeks ago. It was OK. On the way there we stopped at Silver Springs and did the glass bottom boat ride which was fun. Big parking lot at Silver Springs if you stop with your trailer
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #20

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
We willl drive over

We will be at the SKP park in Wauchula but will drive over Friday or Sat.

Any 19' Escapes gonna be there?

Carolyn wants to look at one before we make any upsizing decisions.

Bat Dude

Tags
scamp