CA Sept 13-17 2012: Northern California Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Scamp Deluxe 5th Wheel ('The Peanut')
Smile Sept 13-17 2012: Northern California Gathering

Announcing the Northern California Fiberglass RV Gathering

We’ll be roundin’ up for this year’s Fourth Annual Northern California Gathering from September 13 -17 at Hat Creek Hereford Ranch RV Park and Campground, just down the road (Highway 89) a piece from McArthur Burney Falls Memorial State Park.
The park is situated in a rustic, grassy area among the pines in the midst of a working cattle ranch. Organizers working with park owners were able to obtain water and electric sites for $33.50 per night per rig. Dry camping sites are available for $27.00 per night for those who like to “rough it.” These fees are “out the door,” and include taxes and surcharges for air conditioner/heater use. To maintain the peaceful quiet of the park, generators are not allowed. Restrooms, showers, and laundry room are on site. There is an rv dump station with no charge for guests of the park. Pets are welcome. They must be kept on a leash and there is a $1 per day surcharge.

The park includes a covered, lighted group meeting area and trout stocked private lake with swimming beach. Fishing is also available in Hat Creek which runs through the ranch. Hereford Ranch is in a quiet, off highway location. Nearby points of interest include Burney Falls, Subway Cave (an excellent example of a large lava tube), Lassen National Park (north entrance), Lakes Helen and Manzanita, and the Hat Creek Radio Observatory.

There are a limited number of electric/water spaces. These are extra long spaces and we will be able to put two of our rigs on each space. Reservations for all spaces (dry, and water/electric) are now being accepted. A deposit of $30 per rig is required. Earl Arrants is our wagon master and will be taking deposits and site assignments. If you have questions, and wish to make a deposit, you may reach us by personal message through this website.

Hat Creek Hereford Ranch RV Park and Campground is located at 17855 Doty Road; Hat Creek, CA 96040. For more information and pictures visit their website at index.

Hope to see you in September!
Earl Arrants
Michele and Alan Weinel
Earl Arrants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Hi Earl, we have the date penciled on our calendar. Were currently back east on an RV trip, will make reservations when we return in mid-July. thanks.
Steve & Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #3

Steve and Terri, Glad to hear from you. It would help us, at this time, to know if you will be planning on staying 2, 3, or 4 nights so we can pencil you in to a site. Can you send me a reply through this forum? Thanks - - Earl
Old 06-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #4

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Ann and I might be making the trek up there this year. Sounds like fun. Friends living in the area so what the heck.
Greg Janke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #5

Hi Greg,
We will be glad to see you at Hereford Ranch. Reservations are starting to come in. As soon as you know for sure, please let us know so we can put your name on a site. You can contact us through personal message from this site. An updated list of friends attending this year is located over on Casita Forum, post #2.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
JCZ

Name: JC
Trailer: My Pod by Little Guy
Arizona
We're not egg owners just yet. Just exploring this venture/life.

At the suggestion of other members here, my wife and I may stop by to visit for a bit. We leave for vacation on that Friday Sept. 14.

We don't have a trailer and will be sleeping in the back of our truck.

Hopefully we'll be able to meet a few owners and talk with them about the eggs and the life style and ventures that go with it.

Personally, I'm interested in the 5th wheel scamp or the Escape 5.0 trailers.

Anyway, look forward to meeting a few of you.

JC
JCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
JCZ

Arizona
I forgot to mention.....we just spent three days last week in the Burney area with a group of motorcyclists. It's a beautiful area with a lot to do in close proximity.

Of course you all know about the Burney Falls however, there's also three falls (very easy access.....even easier than Burney Falls) just south of McCloud on Hwy. 89. And the little town of McCloud is also an interesting little place to visit.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ View Post
We're not egg owners just yet. Just exploring this venture/life.

At the suggestion of other members here, my wife and I may stop by to visit for a bit. We leave for vacation on that Friday Sept. 14.

We don't have a trailer and will be sleeping in the back of our truck.

Hopefully we'll be able to meet a few owners and talk with them about the eggs and the life style and ventures that go with it.

Personally, I'm interested in the 5th wheel scamp or the Escape 5.0 trailers.

Anyway, look forward to meeting a few of you.

JC
Hi JC! Glad to hear from you. You are most welcome to join us for the weekend. I'm sure Hat Creek Hereford Ranch will be able to find a place to park your sleeping truck. Plan to join us for our potluck on Saturday evening AND potluck brunch on Sunday. We'll be glad to give you all the free advice we have!

So far we have ten trailers signed up. There are 4 Scamp 5ers, a 19' Escape pull trailer, a couple of Casitas, and a vintage 13' Scamp. You can also contact us through PM (Personal Message) through this website. We'll look forward to seeing you in September. I agree, the Burney area is beautiful. - - Earl
Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #9

Northern California Gathering

Howdy Earl, do you have a list of those planning to attend?
Old 07-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #10
JCZ

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Arrants View Post
Hi JC! Glad to hear from you. You are most welcome to join us for the weekend. I'm sure Hat Creek Hereford Ranch will be able to find a place to park your sleeping truck. Plan to join us for our potluck on Saturday evening AND potluck brunch on Sunday. We'll be glad to give you all the free advice we have!

So far we have ten trailers signed up. There are 4 Scamp 5ers, a 19' Escape pull trailer, a couple of Casitas, and a vintage 13' Scamp. You can also contact us through PM (Personal Message) through this website. We'll look forward to seeing you in September. I agree, the Burney area is beautiful. - - Earl
Thank you Earl. We'll probably not spend more than the Fri. night and part of the day Sat.

We'll be anxious to move on with our original vacation plans.....Trinity mountains, redwoods, the coast, etc.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve & Terri View Post
Howdy Earl, do you have a list of those planning to attend?
A little late in answering this. I've been Scamping around. An updated attendance list is located over on Casitaforum.com, post #2. I keep adding names as they come in. Visitors can visit that thread without signing in. We are located at Upcoming, Other meets, Northern California Hat Creek Hereford Ranch. As usual, interested persons can contact me by using the PM (Personal Message) through THIS website.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Here's a direct link to post #2 that Earl referrenced on the CasitaForum:
Northern California Gathering - Sept 13-17, 2012 Hat Creek Hereford Ranch
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #13
JCZ

Arizona
We'll we've got the build sheet on our Escape 5.0. Delivery date of Jan. 28th. Pretty much all the options they listed and a few modifications at the factory before we take possession of it.

We plan to show up, at least for the Friday evening and/or part of Sat. at this GTG (get together). We look forward to meeting some of you.

Of course, the icing on the cake would be if somebody showed up with an Escape 5.0. We're not to optamistic of that happening since nobody in Calif. has bought one from them.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ View Post
We'll we've got the build sheet on our Escape 5.0. Delivery date of Jan. 28th. Pretty much all the options they listed and a few modifications at the factory before we take possession of it.

We plan to show up, at least for the Friday evening and/or part of Sat. at this GTG (get together). We look forward to meeting some of you.

Of course, the icing on the cake would be if somebody showed up with an Escape 5.0. We're not to optamistic of that happening since nobody in Calif. has bought one from them.
Congratulations on being (almost) a fiberglass RV owner! We look forward to seeing you on Friday. We do have an 09 Escape 19' pull trailer on our attendance roster.

BTW: We do have several spots left for the Nor Cal Gathering. Any of our Fiberglass RVer friends are still invited to join us. Contact me by Personal Message through this website for complete information. So far, we have 12 rigs with confirmed reservations and several more on the way.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Here's a direct link to post #2 that Earl referrenced on the CasitaForum:
Northern California Gathering - Sept 13-17, 2012 Hat Creek Hereford Ranch
An updated participants list is located on post #2 of the Casita Forum .
Donna D. has graciously posted (above) a direct link to that site.

Just 3 weeks until Roundup time!
Still time to get in on the fun!!!
We have a few spots available for late signers up,
or just plain show ups.

Spots are available on a first come, first serve basis.
If you decide to come at the last minute,
please let us know as soon as possible.
You can contact us through the Personal Message service
of this website which we are frequently monitoring.
Our Social Director, Michele Weinel,
has planned a few fun activities, but left lots of time
for just visiting or sight seeing.
As a reminder: Hat Creek runs through the ranch property
and fishing (with a license) is available.
The ranch also has its own private pond (for a fee)
which they stock with trout.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #16

What a great gathering! Loads of thanks to Earl, Michelle, and Alan for setting this up and the many activities. We met a fun bunch of fellow fiberglass folks. Looking forward to next year. smiles, Steve & Terri
Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #17

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe 1998
Thanks for the fun weekend!

I'll chime in here too that it was indeed a fun weekend. Thank you again to Wagon Master Earl and to Trail Bosses Michelle and Alan for their efforts and work putting together this event.

To all those who didn't make it, you should think about putting the Nor-Cal Roundup on your itinerary for next year. The Hat Creek Herford Ranch Park is a beautiful setting with nice green lawns, tall shade trees, and beautiful views of pastured happy cows and sunrises/sunsets over the surrounding hills. Lots to do in the area from hiking at nearby Lassen National Park, exploring the Subway Lava Tube Cave, fishing in Hat Creek, or just hanging out with fellow campers.

My brother Mark and I sure enjoyed ourselves, thanks!

Ellen
NorCal Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #18

Nor Cal Roundup

[SIZE="2"] We have all returned from Hat Creek Hereford Ranch. We had a wonderful time with the weather cooperating - warm during the day, and cooling off at night. We had 14 rigs in attendance -- Scamp 5ers - 4; Scamp 13 - 1; Casita 16 - 1; Casita 17’s - 3; Little Joe - 1; Escape 19 - 1; Boler 13 - 1; SOB - 2. Thanks to all who joined us.
There were a couple concerns (from others) that we selected an RV park for the Roundup. Let me share with you that this is not only an RV park, but they also cater to tent campers as well. While we were there, a group of tent campers occupied at least 10 of their grass/tent sites! - - - - Our group occupied an island of 8 sites with water/electric hookups and plenty of large pine trees and grass to cover the whole area. The grass kept the dust to a minimum. We never felt closed in by other occupants of the park. This area is large enough to house any number of rigs we may attract. The covered, lighted pavilion nearby was a definite plus for us!
Hereford Ranch is definitely a working cattle ranch. Saturday and Sunday nights we were serenaded with mooing from mama cows, and bawling from yearling calves who were separated from mama! That provided the right ambience for the Roundup. The campground is surrounded on 3 sides with green meadow pastures.
We received positive comments from the group this year and have made reservations for next year. The dates for next year will be September 19-23, 2013.

Earl Arrants, Wagon Master
Michele and Alan Weinel, Trail Bosses
Old 09-19-2012, 04:27 AM   #19

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Did ANYBODY take pictures?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #20

Yes, we're in the process of sorting them out now. Will post a few soon. Not sure how to do that however. - - Earl