TN Townsend, TN KOA in April? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2017, 08:48 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
.......BUGS.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Darral, I learned my debugging skills from the master. I just knew if I didn't go ahead and get those bugs off quickly, I was going to walk out one morning and find you up on a ladder
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:06 PM   #22

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNEYCONE View Post
I plan to visit sat or sun. Just to look around and meet ya'll,my unit is"down" for re-construction!!! BARNEY BONAPARTE CONE II
Hey Barney!

Cool beans, look forward to meeting you!!!

Take care,

Dean
Old 02-15-2017, 01:13 AM   #23

Name: BARNEY
Trailer: CASITA
Georgia
Dean, likewise! My rig is a white ford f350 dually "cowboy caddy" with cow catcher up front. You must include a tour of "cades cove" while you are there,like a step back in american history. Driving & stopping at key places can take a full day. They ain't no interstate thru thar,as my late mother would saz ,boy you ain't got no english!! Best regards,barney bonaparte cone ii

'
BARNEYCONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:30 AM   #24

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
I have reservations for the 19th - 23rd. Hope to see old & meet new friends!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #25

Name: Rick
Trailer: Escape 19
South Carolina
Faye and I will be there from the 20th to 24th, then thinking of going to the see the ARK in Kentucky
Old 02-16-2017, 09:41 PM   #26

Name: Dean
Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNEYCONE View Post
Dean, likewise! My rig is a white ford f350 dually "cowboy caddy" with cow catcher up front. You must include a tour of "cades cove" while you are there,like a step back in american history. Driving & stopping at key places can take a full day. They ain't no interstate thru thar,as my late mother would saz ,boy you ain't got no english!! Best regards,barney bonaparte cone ii'
Hi Barney,

I have done Cades Cove a couple of times and NEVER get tired of it. Would love to do it again in April. Looking forward to the Cowboy Caddy cruising the campground!

Take care,

Dean
Old 02-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #27

Name: Susan
Trailer: Casita 17' SD; Tow Vehicle 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
North Carolina
Registry
Last year I had to cancel about a month before the rally, so I am really looking forward to being there this year! I think my reservation is for Wednesday to Monday. Year before last I was camperless because I was picking up my Casita in May, but I really enjoyed coming to visit the rally for a couple of days! Looking forward to seeing everyone in Townsend!
Susan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:45 PM   #28

Name: Susan
Trailer: Casita 17' SD; Tow Vehicle 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
North Carolina
Registry
LucyH, I did the same thing year before last and enjoyed meeting a few people. How exciting that you will be picking your new Casita in June. I have the same model and love it! I will be in site 11. Not sure if I will be close to the other eggs, but that is the site they gave me! Lol. Stop by to say hi if you have time!
Susan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:16 AM   #29

Name: Holly
North Carolina
I'm scheduled to be in site #55 for 18th thru 22. Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new folks.
Holly Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:12 AM   #30

Name: Robert & Robin
Trailer: Escape 5.0 2020
Tallahassee Florida
We are in. Wed 19th - Sun 23rd.
See you
Robert & Robin
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2910.jpg  
Baja Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:39 AM   #31

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
It will be interesting to hear what is burned up over there and what is not. Please post reports.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:10 PM   #32

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Got a reservation for 4/19 & 20th but not able to get 21/22 as they are full. Any suggestions on nearby overflow campgrounds? If not I guess we will have to move on down the road. Any rally fees? See you there!
Old 03-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #33

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
Bryan, if I'm not mistaken, the next left turn after the KOA grounds is another campground called Tremont Outdoor Resort. There have been people stay there in the past that have attended the rally. You might want to call and make sure that's the one next to KOA.
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #34

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
It's not all that far up into the park. The
Campgrounds there are pretty decent but not sure there's a lot for amenities. Depends on how you like to camp.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:32 PM   #35

Registry
Send a message via AIM to Dick & Joanne
Fortunately/unfortunately we are spending the month of March at this KOA. Beautiful spot on the river but we have to be home by 3 April for various DR appts.
Temps in the 80's today for the first time. Only the third time we have been out of the 60's.
Dick & Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #36

Name: Larry
Trailer: Searchin
Tennessee
Wild fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
It will be interesting to hear what is burned up over there and what is not. Please post reports.
Shelby,
I live about 25 minutes from Townsend.
Townsend did not get hit by the wild fires so it should be in good shape.

I don't have a camper but I am hoping to get one by spring of 2018.
Do you know if there would be any opportunity to "peek" in a few campers to get an idea of what we might like?
I will be in Townsend for a natural fibers show at the visitors center with my wife so it would be nice to come by and check things out.

Larry
Larry in TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #37

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
You can certainly peak at my Escape 17B any time I'm at the park - I arrive on the 19th & leave the morning of the 24th. I suspect that most of the trailer owners are open to visits.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:19 AM   #38

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Larry...while I cant speak for this particular rally, I dont know of one that basically doesnt have a show-n-tell or a tour-of-homes type of activity scheduled usually on a Saturday.

Lemme warn you, IF you purchase a small FG trailer, you may as well gear up- 95% of ALL Campgrounds you go to will turn in to a "tour-of homes" for ya as people continually want to look at my Scamp 13'er! I just wish I'd kept a record of how many people in the past 7 yrs have viewed it in a NON-rally environment. Hundreds upon hundreds my friend!

It's very unique in most campgrounds and the "curiosity" gets to most people. We show everyone- unless someone is getting dressed or we havent cleaned up for the day etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry in TN View Post
Shelby,
I live about 25 minutes from Townsend.
Townsend did not get hit by the wild fires so it should be in good shape.

I don't have a camper but I am hoping to get one by spring of 2018.
Do you know if there would be any opportunity to "peek" in a few campers to get an idea of what we might like?
I will be in Townsend for a natural fibers show at the visitors center with my wife so it would be nice to come by and check things out.

Larry
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:20 AM   #39

Tennessee
Thanks Joe!
Larry in TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #40

Tennessee