Anyone ever do this - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I have pressure canned chicken breasts, turkey, ground beef, beef roasts, and pork for many years and call it my "Homemade fast food". All of these canned meats are great for camping for easy nutritious fast meals. I follow the directions to the letter from the latest issue of the Ball Canning book to be totally safe. You must have a pressure canner to put up meats- water bathing will not do.
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:58 PM   #22

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Just getting back into this thread. Hubby and I were talking about the 'canned' cakes the other day. He said his 'granny on the farm on the prairies' used to make them. Carrot cake he remembered with a smile. Best of all though was the Christmas Pudding. Granny made them in January for consumption at Christmas.

I second the thoughts about taking great care about canning meat and veggies - a pressure canner is essential - and "Stocking Up" is a super book to read (it is in our local library).
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote