Burgers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2003, 07:46 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Burgers

Sonic Burgers

White Castle Burgers

Butter Burgers

Also partial to the new Hardy's Thick burger.

Love 'em

Please don't tell my wife.

Luckily we don't have a Sonic or White Castle within a couple hundreds miles of me ... or my heart would be in worse shape.

So, what's your favorite Burger (in case I come a visitin' to your neck of the woods).

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 08:04 AM   #2

But then again, Pam can't resist a burger cooked over a campfire.

I have a little tri-pod grate with legs that fits over an open fire.

Yumm.

If only my wife didn't make me purchase the 99.9 fat-free hamburger. Hard to get a good grease fire going under that meat!

Old 03-27-2003, 08:11 AM   #3

American civilization

will be long remembered in the annals of culture for its two most important contributions to the forward march of the human species: the hamburger and the baseball cap!

(Well, there are QUITE a few others, but I'm just simplifying ;) )

I confess I'm partial to the flame-broiled flavor of Burger King's burgers. We had burgers of our own last night: extra lean, gas-grilled with Worcester sauce, served on a lightly toasted bun (essential for me), with melted jalopeņo jack cheese, thin slices of raw onion, garden lettuce, honey mustard, and (for me) a slather or two of Tabasco's new (and delicious!) Chipotle pepper sauce.

Fries, or "chips" as we call them in Ireland (where the best in the world are made, BTW) are also essential. Marie makes them in the oven rather than frying them. A little olive oil (no-fat Pam, actually) and a hot oven. Delicious!

OK, Charles-- your secret is safe with me. You don't tell Marie I occasionally hit the Burger King and I won't tell Pam nuttin'!:quiet

Old 03-27-2003, 05:27 PM   #4

Yes to Sonic being number one for fast hambergers for this family. We have three, that's right, count'um. THREE Sonics. that's the first place I had to take my daughter when she come to visit from Virginia, for "tater tote" of all things and a chili coney with dill pickles.
grew up eating a burger every noon. just jump in car, dart to the sonic 3/4 miles away, scarf it down, then dart back. very restful. NOT. I would have prefered staying at school, but I was the one with the car. :wak. peir/pier/peer/pear(?) pressure.

Old 03-27-2003, 06:56 PM   #5

Used to be like Wimpy!

Glad to hear so many of you are not (yet) cholesterol-challenged.

But my favorite, whether broiled at home or over a campfire, is with a slice of pepper-jack melted on top.

Charles, don't tell Joyce that there is a 99.9% fat free.;) I have too much trouble finding 90-93%.

Old 03-27-2003, 07:18 PM   #6

My favorite burgers are anything American - nice and greasy!

(and they actually contain meat)

Close by is Bob's Burger n Brew - Ferndale, Washinton.

One of the best burgers around here can be found at The Rodeo Drive In on 152nd Street and Highway 10 in Surrey/Langley. Complete with fried onions - darn near home-made taste and they make killer fries and shakes too.

White Spot Burgers are a BC tradition - but they have gone downhill in the age of maximizing profits

Wendy's was a personal favorite about 20+ years ago. We used to have to drive 2 hours after our pub crawls (I was a kid) to get that Big Bacon Classic. I swear the burgers were 3/4 pounders. MMMMM.

Those days are gone too. :)

If I want a really good burger - I make my own - one of my specialty's in the summer, and a company favorite (along with my rum rribs and shish-kabobs) *secret recipe* :o

Old 03-27-2003, 07:50 PM   #7

Whataburger

Sonic, huh? Well in Texas that means you're in a town of decent size. Wide spot in the highway? Then you have a Dairy Queen and maybe a BBQ place. Hit 12,000 or better and you have a Sonic. Our town has more than doubled in size since we moved here eleven years ago, so we now have a new, improved, larger Sonic. I have to admit, I haven't had one of those in a while...and me with a brand new one less than a mile from the house.

Both of my kids and my neice no longer live in Texas. One of the first things they do when they hit town is head for a Whataburger. My son flew into Texas for Christimas. By the time he worked around delays, etc, it was pretty late when he got there. He called to say he was renting a car and he hadn't eaten so....you guessed it, we met him at Whataburger, of course.

For those of you who aren't familiar with a Whataburger, it is a burger place that was started in Corpus Christi, Texas, in the 50's I believe. By today's standards, they're no big deal. Back in the days of mini burgers (i.e., McDonalds) they where HUGE! One thing I can say about them is that they are exactly the same today as they always were. They may not be the biggest or best any more, but they are consistant. You order a Whataburger and you know what it's going to taste like. They require that they are prepared in a certain way or you will lose your franchise.

Oh, by the way, if you you want more meat just order a double-double or a triple-triple (double meat-double cheese)

Old 03-27-2003, 07:58 PM   #8

We have A&W and Mcdonalds.Does that count?;)

Old 03-27-2003, 08:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Orginally posted by Chester Taje

At Rotten Ronnies I only eat the Crispy Chicken Deluxe. Their hamburgers should be cheaper as you only RENT THEM (if you know what I mean!) ;)

Old 03-27-2003, 08:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Orginally posted by Rick

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:

At Rotten Ronnies I only eat the Crispy Chicken Deluxe. Their hamburgers should be cheaper as you only RENT THEM (if you know what I mean!) ;) [/quote]

OK I got the point.I went to Macdonalds yesterday to try it for first time.Service was so bad that my wife and I got up and left.

Old 03-27-2003, 09:35 PM   #11

What ever happened to....

As long as we're reminiscing, does anyone recall the old Bob's Big Boy restaurants in southern California? Those burgers were good.

And I watch satellite TV ads for Carls Jr. Those ''$7.00 burgers for $3.95'' sure look tasty! Guess I'll have to try one when out west this summer, that is if I can quit grazing on fish tacos.

Old 03-27-2003, 09:45 PM   #12

Quote:

OK I got the point.I went to McDonalds yesterday to try it for first time.Service was so bad that my wife and I got up and left.
Service/McDonalds?
There's a real oxymoron!:r

Old 03-27-2003, 10:58 PM   #13

Oxymoronic/McDonalds

Several years ago, my wife and three tennis mates went to McD's for a quick breakfast after an early morning match.

The firs two ladies ordered breakfast with no problem, but when Lee ordered, the oxymoron at the counter said, "It's after ten-thirty, we're not serving breakfast now."

They all left and none has returned to the gilded arches.

Old 03-27-2003, 11:09 PM   #14

Morgan

I can believe that.

Reminds of the time my brother and I ordered pizza from Little Caesars. The oxymoron on the phone asked "if that was for pickup or delivery?"

We said "Do you deliver?" and he said "No!"

(We knew they never at the time, and we still split a gut reminiscing over that one))

Old 03-28-2003, 07:15 AM   #15

Fuddrucker's

Today's burgers?

Yummmmm....how 'bout Fuddrucker's?

Yummy burgers

Old 03-28-2003, 09:27 AM   #16

>>Bob's Big Boy restaurants

They had one in Dallas when I was there in the 60's.

>>Whataburger

Ah, yes, Suz ... another Texas memory.

>>Carl's jr.

George, here in the midwest, Carl's Jr. is called Hardees.

They recently introduced "Thick Burgers" ... which cost twice as much as other burgers ... Being a cheapskate, I resisted spending so much for a fast-food burger ... but when Hardees put out some "buy 1 get 1" free, I was surprized to find the "Thick Burger" was really, really good.

George, got a kick out of your satellite Carl's Jr commerical for a "$7 burger." Here, at Hardees, it's called a "$6 burger." It's more expensive than the "Thick Burgers" so I've only had a couple of them.

Old 03-28-2003, 09:59 AM   #17

Quote:
Orginally posted by Suz

Today's burgers?

Yummmmm....how 'bout Fuddrucker's?

Yummy burgers
fuddrucker - yep been there. had to meet someone. they said lets try out fruddleduckers, sure I said. big mistake. first off there was a line. second, there was a line. waited 30 mins in line for the friends, and was only half way through the line when they showed up. no burger is worth ME standing in line over 10 mins. I will never go to fiddlefuddle again. don't remember if the burger was good or not, but the line was long.

Old 03-28-2003, 10:08 AM   #18

We only HAD one Fuddruckers here and that went outta business about 10 years ago. Line up's were huge because everyone was like me and loved the fact that you could pick out YOUR steak!

(Anyone remember that episode on Frasier at the Timber Mill restaraunt? :o :o )

Old 03-30-2003, 01:43 PM   #19

Burgers

Homemade, cooked over a charcoal fire can't be beat.
We have a local place called jak's that has real beef burgers.

the only fast food joint i'll hit for burgers is burger king.

however, 15 years ago I lived across the border from Detroit, and my job brought me across the border daily. And I'll admit I ate well at WhiteCastle ( may have been the start of my well roundedness)

Old 03-31-2003, 08:19 AM   #20

Burgers

Growing up in southern Oklahoma, one of my favorite places to get a burger was Meers, Ok. Not 'in' Meers, but 'at' Meers.

Meers (then and now) has a population of 5. It is located 50 miles from a town of any size (Lawton). Years ago, it was a combination cafe, post office, dry goods store, hardware store and gas station. Their burgers were BIG and juicy, 12 inch diameter; one burger was enough for two of us. Coke (in a bottle) and a nickel bag of chips. Beautiful drive to and from thru the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Reserve.

Meers store is still there; still busy as can be and great burgers, but mostly just a burger cafe and gift shop. http://www.meersstore.com/

Bill H
Scamp Fiver:sunny