Camping Recipes - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape
http://www.thecampingclub.com/zzrecipes/index.html
I received an e-mail from ReserveAmerica (now that I have reserved a site through them for the July gathering I seem to be on their e-mail list) which had a link to the above site. I saw some interesting and easy recipes for camping cooking and thought someone else might enjoy them. I guess if you all have reserved with them previously you received the e-mail as well, but in case you didn't ... it might be worth a look.
Rosemary Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:14 AM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft ('Kermit' It's not easy being green!)
Thank you Rosemary for putting me onto a great site. I want to try the tuna-can pineapple cake recipe and try making camp fire starters out of pine cones and candle wax. Dryer lint wrapped in wax paper works great too (an old Girl Scout trick).
debbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Dryer lint wrapped in wax paper works great too (an old Girl Scout trick).
I always thought it was a waste to throw it away! Great idea!.....except now I will have containers full of lint.....

Ok, I must ask how big to make these things?
Old 02-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #4

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Quote:
I always thought it was a waste to throw it away! Great idea!.....except now I will have containers full of lint.....

Ok, I must ask how big to make these things?

about the dryer lint---if i am in the mood, i will keep all my cardboard egg cartons and dryer lint--although, going to the laundrymat always produces a huge supply, too...and i will fill each egg cup with dryer lint and pour melted parafin wax over each and let set. when i am camping, one "eggcup" usually will start a fire--but if i am lazy, i simply use plain ol' dryer lint and forget the rest..and it works just great. stuff it in between the kindling and light.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:19 PM   #5

Trailer: 1987 17 ft Burro
Wow Thanks, great site.
Christi W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:16 PM   #6

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft ('Kermit' It's not easy being green!)
Lizbeth--sorry to be so tardy in responding! I am terrible about cleaning out my dryer lint filter so by the time I do, I have a double handful. I wrap it in about an 8 1/2 by 11 inch piece of wax paper and twist both ends closed. It looks like an unappetizing grey hot dog with wings! Works great.
The eggcup/lint/paraffin idea is great too--you could just tear off what you need and its very portable and neat.
debbyj is offline   Reply With Quote