Coleman stovetop camp oven - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-18-2016, 11:15 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Coleman stovetop camp oven

How many of you use one of these? We used one quite a bit, when we tent camped, and found it did an adequate job. We plan to do more non electric camping and have pulled it out of our stored supplies.

I am ordering a toaster oven pizza stone to achieve more even heating. It is easier to pack than some other options ant could be used inside the Casita, or out.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:24 PM   #2

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry R. View Post
How many of you use one of these? We used one quite a bit, when we tent camped, and found it did an adequate job. We plan to do more non electric camping and have pulled it out of our stored supplies.

I am ordering a toaster oven pizza stone to achieve more even heating. It is easier to pack than some other options ant could be used inside the Casita, or out.
I don't have plans to put in a built in stovetop in my Campster trailer remodel. It seemed redundant to have that and a portable stove as well so all I plan on using is a portable stove. Not sure if I will take the two burner Coleman or just a one burner butane. I don't cook for a crowd so one burner is usually sufficient for my needs.

Having a 4 cylinder engine I would rather keep things lightweight. Having a very small trailer means storage space is not abundant.

The concept of the village bakery is still alive and I enjoy going to them

Old 10-18-2016, 04:57 PM   #3

Name: Terry
Trailer: Scamp
Kansas
Hey Terry, Terry Here. lol

I have one and use it a few time making biscuits and cookies. I have never baked any thing big or elaborate in it. Mine folds flat so I do usually keep it in a box with a 2 burner Coleman stove and a griddle pan. All of my adult camping has been in a Van, Mini van and teardrop. None have had a stove in them like my new-2-me 77 scamp.

With my Scamp, I still plan to do 99.9% of my cooking out side the camper when possible so I still carry my box with the stove.

The pizza stone do you have a link for it? I have been looking at a separate propane pizza over to take with me. They are a little big but pizza is something I would make more the biscuits and cookies.

PS. I think K C might is thinking of Coleman's combo stove and oven and not the folding Stove top oven unit.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:49 PM   #4

Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
I plan on using is a portable stove. Not sure if I will take the two burner Coleman or just a one burner butane.
Read the instructions that come with a one burner butane if you plan to use that with the Coleman oven. I have one that limits the size of a pan that you place on it. If the butane canister gets overheated it can explode.
My daughter and son-in-law were making eggs in a large fry pan and the stove exploded, parts flying fifteen feet.
Attached Thumbnails
Storm Master.jpg  
Old 10-18-2016, 06:58 PM   #5

Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Pic in message above is part that pierced cooler.
Here's a couple more.
Attached Thumbnails
P7070015.jpg   P7070016.jpg