Ebelskivers - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I made a batch this morning. I wanted to mention that in that video clip, the chef fills the cups full and this has never, ever worked for me. I do use a very fresh baking powder so mine rise pretty quick. When I fill the cup to the top, I get the same deal as if I were to fill a muffin cup full as it comes out and in this case since you must turn them, it is a mess. I use a paring knife to turn them and if one spot is sticking I try a different area and they usually come right up. Mine often have a hollow in the center and don't look like a beautiful ball but that hole is great filled with preserves and it is easier to tell if they are done in the center. Don't expect perfect results but despite how they look, they are always tasty! Also, I add spices like nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamon to the batter and you could also add things like lemon or orange peel.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #22

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
This coming Tuesday I'm getting an ebleskiver lesson. Recipe to follow/

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:29 PM   #23

I made the chocolate ones this morning, whipping both the whites separately and the egg yolks and some other thing I can't remember. They were really good, light and the taste was so much better than chocolate donuts which I do not like. Thank goodness the weather warmed up so we can walk them off!
Old 03-13-2015, 07:46 AM   #24

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Leftovers

We had our second ebelskiver breakfast and had about 1/2 dozen leftovers. WE ate them for breakfast a few days later. They were still excellent. We cut them in half and microwaved them for about 15-20 seconds. Buttered them and ate them with maple syrup.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:08 AM   #25

Here is a how-to video from the Solvang Danish Restaurant in Solvang, CA. She makes it look so easy.

Solvang is a cute little town if you ever have a chance to visit.
Alice L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:11 AM   #26

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
I visited a 2nd hand store in Arkansas and he literally had over a hundred that the boxes looked like they had been wet at one time. $9.99 each. I didnt buy one. Perhaps the next time I go up to my Mom's house I will get one. These were made out of aluminum I believe and not cast iron. I was looking for a pop-over pan at the time which I eventually did find on ebay. Now those are awesome to make and addictive. Perhaps I need to have my mom stop by and pick me up one before they run out.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #27

The ingredients are so basic, I can't imagine buying a mix but I am frugal. I do try to buy the better flour and it does make a difference. I would still discourage a beginner not to fill the cups so full until you get used to turning them as there were times I wanted to throw the pan and contents of the pan in the trash and forget I ever heard of them.

If I made them more often, I am sure it would be easier but we use them for special although I often "fudge" on special, you know, "the sun is shining".
Old 03-16-2020, 03:13 PM   #28

I used this pan to make "cornbread balls", and they were delicious. I also have made "cupcakes balls". Sometimes I have to thin the batter slightly, but they turn out better tasting than baking them in a traditional oven. Cast iron just turns out the best products!