gas griddle - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2016, 02:38 AM   #21

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Gordon2,
My 10lb tank is a bulk tank. It also works with the 20lb tank which I have on the trailer. Be careful about connecting the hose and turning the gas on and off. I have ruined more than one hose being in a hurry. If your unit (any unit) does not work with the hose but does work with the 1 lb tank, the fault lies with the hose, not the unit. I read somewhere that it is possible to fix the hose but it never worked for me. I throw away the $25.00 hose and buy a new one. If the new one does not work it probably means someone messed it up and returned it, then you got it.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:18 AM   #22

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I just use a cast iron griddle on top of my camp stove, works perfect and easy to clean up.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:07 AM   #23

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Registry
I, also, use a cast iron griddle like this one:
Amazon.com: Lodge LDP3 Double Play Reversible Grill/Griddle, 9.5" x 16.75": Kitchen & Dining
It's kind of heavy and messy, but I've been able to make the best pancakes EVER on the darn thing, so I bring it along. It resides in a heavy plastic bag on the left side of my closet, just ahead of the wheel well (72 Scamp 13). I can use it on top of my Camp Chef Oven, or use it in the Scamp, spanning two burners.

I'm getting hungry.

Gordon
Gordon in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:39 PM   #24

Name: Wade
Trailer: Hunter compact jr
Alabama
Registry
OK, I'm sold with Gordon's review of the Lodge griddle making the best pancakes ever! I just ordered the griddle, and will reuse my old coleman camp stove. Thanks everyone for all of the advice!
Wade the K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:25 PM   #25

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Recently I purchased this package of BBQ grill mats. Robot Check I suppose something runny like eggs could be a challenge to cook on a flexible grill mat, but it probably would be able to replace a griddle for many food items. I may experiment a bit this summer.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:48 PM   #26

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I like cooking on a griddle too, (aka flat top,) due to its versatility. The problem with most small stove-top griddles is just that, they're too small for me. I own both the single and the double flat top griddles, and use the latter when I cook at events to feed a whole lot of people. (I've done burgers and dogs, etc. for over 80 people at a single event with this thing.) There is lots of room on it for its size. I especially like the higher sides and back wall so that when you work your food with a spatula, it doesn't fall off the end of the earth so to speak. I also like the option of having a regular covered grill as well because not everything is necessarily best made on a griddle. But that being said, this cooking setup is how I roll when I camp. Yes, I know it's not the smallest, nor the lightest cooking assembly out there but it works incredibly well all around. I can also remove one component or the other to use regular pots and pans as well. Rather than take a picture of my personal setup, it is exactly the same as this "package deal" offered nowadays, (which wasn't sold together as a complete kit back when I bought each of my components separately years ago,) but with this package, it's all the same stuff rolled into one box. YMMV

Link: Camp Chef Tailgater Combo

P.S. The combo set shown in the link, (and all of Camp Chef's stuff for that matter,) is available for much cheaper at other retailers than it is on the Camp Chef's website I linked to. These kits are available pretty much anywhere they sell camping stuff.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:38 PM   #27

Alabama
Registry
http://www.pkgrills.com/the-pk-grill-smoker-graphite/

While we are kind of still on topic, here is what I bring, which is in addition to the camp stove and griddle combo you guys have talked me into. I'm sure they have been discussed here before, but it's hands down the best grill I have ever owned, and will last forever. And is relatively light weight being cast aluminum. I think I caught mine on sale before cams one year.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:26 AM   #28

Tennessee
Wade the K
The PK grill is my main grill at home. I have a full size PU with a camper shell but feel I do not have the room to haul it. Also it is a bit too grungy to take on a week long RV trip. Actually I never even considered it until you brought it up. May need to rethink the whole thing. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:07 AM   #29

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Wade, Just to let you know, your PK Grill link doesn't work.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:17 AM   #30

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Wade, Just to let you know, your PK Grill link doesn't work.
That's funny... it worked for me about 15 minutes ago on my iPhone using the FGRV app, but not now on my laptop...

Try this: PK Grill and Smoker
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:33 AM   #31

Alabama
Registry
You are correct Greg, there must be a glitch somewhere. I posted it from my iphone last night and it worked, now it doesn't.

Thanks again for everyone's input into my thread! Lots of fun and some great ideas!
Old 05-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #32

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Got lucky and found this Weber BabyQ at a Target inventory sale. Easy to clean, solid performer.
Attached Thumbnails
Weber2.jpg  
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:25 AM   #33

Tennessee
PK grill link works ok for me.