Grilling or BBQ? (Topic Split) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-07-2016, 04:18 PM   #15

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Right on Bill. I wouldn't have thought that you would be "holding out" on me.

BTW, Nice grill marks on that meat in the egg!

Old 10-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #16

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Grilling or BBQ? (Topic Split)

I enjoy BBQing. I own several small grills for camping including the Weber BabyQ, Cobb and others. My favorite is the Weber Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill. I can grill, bake, and BBQ with it. My favorite is BBQing, just set it and forget it. In my opinion, the taste is also better. BBQing with the Go-Anywhere allows me to have juicy, flavorful, and tender meats. You can see the juicy cut and the deep red outer smoke ring in the pictures. I've made Cornish Hens, chicken, pork shoulders, brisket, fish, baby back ribs, turkey breasts, and cakes. I just put a small amount of charcoal with a small piece of smoking wood on one side, and the meat on the other. The Cobb is also great for BBQ.
Marky
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1476587769.151136.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	100636Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1476587923.656273.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	100637Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1476588216.922218.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	100638Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1476588330.743227.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	100640

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1476588267.875179.jpg  

Old 10-16-2016, 09:25 AM   #17

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Iowa
Hmmmm
Lots of ways to cook food, portable and not so portable. Between cooker types and cooking utensils I'd hate to add up my investment. We start as simple as a wiener on a stick, one of those four sided wire toasters, and a pie iron and go nuts from there. Who has a Raemco 7 in 1 stove that can not only cook food but will heat your tent or tiny trapping cabin? With coal. What is coal anyway?
And then there's that World War 1 trench mess kit that could keep you going for a long time with a few sticks, tinder box and flint and steel. YMMV.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-16-2016, 10:04 AM   #18

Name: Yvon
Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft 1992
Quebec
BBQ woodflame

I have this one since many years anf l really love it

Old 10-16-2016, 11:42 AM   #19

Washington
Registry
Interesting grill. Although I do speak a little Spanish, admittedly, my French is dismally poor. But the video is visual enough to make up for my lingual shortcomings. It seems to really crank out a lot of heat, which is really good for steaks and thinner cuts, but I'm not sure how good it would work for a low-heat application like slow cooking or true BBQ'ing, (where you would want the application of low heat over a long time.) The "chimney" section kind of looks to me to be constructed almost like a section of double-walled wood stove chimney stack. When it got up to a ripping high flame, it looks like I could melt lead for fishing weights on it.
Looks like you can make some good steaks on it though.

And that's some good lookin' BBQ there Marky, but then I would expect no less from a true Texan! I also "collect" too many outdoor cooking appliances, (according to my wife,) but for "camping" I also own two of those Weber Go-Anywhere grilles, one that uses propane and one that uses charcoal. Other than that, they are twins. They're really great little heat sources for cooking and each has it's strong points, depending on what you are making. So, what time is dinner?
Old 10-16-2016, 04:47 PM   #20

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Quebec
Registry
English version here:
Old 10-16-2016, 09:05 PM   #21

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Greg your welcome at my house for dinner at anytime. If you're near Laredo in South Texas you're more than welcome to come by stay a few days, and empty your tanks and fill your belly!

Old 10-16-2016, 10:53 PM   #22

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyVasquez View Post
Greg your welcome at my house for dinner at anytime. If you're near Laredo in South Texas you're more than welcome to come by stay a few days, and empty your tanks and fill your belly!

Thank you for your kind invitation Marky. I probably won't find myself down that way any time soon, but if I do come south I would definitely look you up and have some fun cooking up some good eats with you. Thanks for the invite.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:34 AM   #23

Name: John
Trailer: Boler
Deep South
Registry
I have a grill similar to your weber and I like it too for camping. I have been grilling and smoking for over 25 years, and my favorite is the reverse flow smoker I built myself but it is too big for taking camping without a pickup truck. I have not tried smoking on my charcoal camping grill, for one reason I like to smoke boston butts and I smoke them for 14 to 16 hours with real wood not charcoal , so it is not practical for that. But I have used it to make pretty good grilled meals. My wife's favorite is a beef stew I make by lining it with charcoal in the bottom, put an aluminum disposable pan on the grill grate, 2 cups of water, stew meat, potatoes, carrots and some spices, foil the top, then set the lid on and let it cook for about 2 to 4 hours. It's a good dish for the campsite, easy to make and her and my son love it (me too). I won a Coleman portable propane camp grill and I like it too, very convenient and useful. So when I go camping I have plenty of cooking options: charcoal grill, propane grill, campfire grill grate, and propane stove