Homemade Ice Cream - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-26-2003, 07:39 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Sorry I was not of help Mary. Couple of points to remember though, even if you take the brine home you should recycle the plastic jug. You could ask a plumber in your area if it is legal to discharge water softener water on the surface, it is in my state and the brine is just water softener discharge. If illegal or you are afraid of killing the grass, stick a spade in the ground and pour the brine in avoiding the grass and the roots. I would be in hog heaven if salt water would kill grass and expecally weeds around here. Packing it home again sounds like the best answer, whatever I take out, I take back even if they have dumpsters.

HTH
Rich

Old 06-27-2003, 09:47 AM   #16

You can very carefully pour brine over the cracks in the sidewalk to kill the weeds there. Gotta be really careful it doesn't run though!

Old 06-28-2003, 11:27 AM   #17

Now as I understand it when you are making home made icecreme, Fresh Peach?, maybe. You are actually assembling the brine to be used as an edging for killing the grass in the seams of the driveway and the sidewalk. So this can all be classified as doing yard work. I like that plan, in fact I may be forced to impliment it today. I am also going to set up my backyard insect fogging screen which is provided by using a 55 gallon barrell with oak wood burning under pieces of meat to provide the requesite fumes. OH My a day of yard work is ahead of me.....I better administer a cooling broth of hopps and barley to myself to prepare for all this work...Have a good weekend...:cheers
Old 08-12-2003, 03:55 PM   #18

How about some recipes?

I just stumbled into this thread and this really sounds interesting. Has anyone come up with some recipes for using a one pound coffee can? I can justify carrying a one pound can inside a three pound can while on the road. And if I really work at it, I could make enough ice overnight to pack between the two cans. Patricia, have you found your recipes yet? - John -

« Tofu | Soups On »