After a recent trip to Ft. Bragg, I learned several things:
1. You can buy a camping percolator, stainless steel, with the little glass top at WalMart for $32.00 before you go on the trip.
2. All the other campers in town beat me to the thrift shop.
3. All the other campers in town beat me to the local Rite-Aid.
4. The one coffee pot left at Ace Hardware had no guts.
5. There are no WalMarts in Ft. Bragg, CA
6. The one surplus store in town had one coffee pot, old blue enamel look, for $24.00
7. Drip filters folded over don't make good perc filters. The water doesn't drain through fast enough.
8. Paper towels torn properly and folded over (about 1/4 of a towel) make great perc filters.
9. Coffee is the reason one must have a cook top in a trailer. Especially if you pour up the water and get the percolator ready the night before. Turn on the coffee, crawl back under the covers and wait for the chill to leave the trailer. Turn off stove and sip first cup under covers.
I recently bought a toddy coffee maker. Had one years ago. Don't know what happened to it. The stuff is great. I'll take it along on the trip. This is especially good for folks that like lattes. Heat the milk and pour in concentrate. MMMMMMMMm. rich taste.
I'll probably also take along the percolator. (See 9 above.)
Why aren't any of the happy faces drinking coffee????