Lemon Nut Cookies - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2015, 03:16 PM   #1

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Lemon Nut Cookies

Adult Cookies

Ginny just brought me a Lemon Nut Cookie. I call them adult cookies because they are not too sweet but very satisfying. Ginny usually makes a batch and freezes them. I can then take one out every now and then.

Lemon is usually a winner with me.

Lemon Nut Cookies Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Ginny just told me she doubles the recipe. May be I should put this in a separate thread.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:19 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Do you have to thaw out those cookies Norm. My favorite cookie is chocolate chip, and Mary makes excellent ones. I'll take one out of the freezer, put it in the microwave for 26 seconds, and it comes out just like a fresh baked cookie. I'll have to get her to make some of those lemon nut cookies.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:58 PM   #3

Florida
Sometimes I put one in the microwave for a few seconds, sometimes I just leave them out. Ginny's making chocolate chip tomorrow.

Chocolate Chip is a tradition for the niece and nephew coming for a week. When they come in to the house they loop through the kitchen. Ginny has for ever put the cookies in a red plastic container on top of the fridge. In the old days they couldn't reach them now in year 15 of the tradition....

We're getting rid of everything on a first asked basis. The niece and nephew asked for the container, it's a memory.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 06-30-2015, 09:20 PM   #4

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
It doesn't take the youngsters long to figure out were the cookies live. I'm pretty sure most of our grands knew that fact before their 1st birthday!
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:37 AM   #5

Florida
Hazel,

At least for the first 7 years they couldn't reach them. We have two younger grand nephews who simply come in and stand in front of a cabinet that contains cookies waiting for permission. Interestingly these two only ear store purchased chocolate chip cookies... go figure.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 07-01-2015, 05:15 AM   #6

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Norm/Ginny thanks for the tip on the recipe. Rita's favorite cookie is lemon so we will be making these. Tim
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:19 AM   #7

Florida
Tip. You have to be careful not to over cook these cookies. Ginny cooks them for 15 minutes..the recipe calls for 20-25.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 07-01-2015, 05:44 AM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Sounds good. We don't like the mouth full of sugar recipes that most are. I usually double my cocoa, vanilla, spices when I make cookies and we use agave in place of sugar. We found that when you cut back on your sugar and actually taste the other ingredients that most store bought cookies are unbearably sweet.

We like lemon but I had not found a recipe that we liked and as you know with hundreds, probably thousands, of recipes on the internet, it is hard to try them all and sometimes, having to eat the not so good ones discourages one from rushing to try another although I can usually get some idea of taste by the ingredients.

Sounds good, thanks!
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:53 PM   #9

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2004 Scamp
Mass
Registry
Cookies!

You know, its the end of a long day. As I have been logging on more often, reading about this and that, I am frequently delighted by what I find.
Lemon Nut Cookies? Making them this week-end!
Thanks and happy 4th of July to US folks. Happy Canada, to you fine Canadians. And Happy Happy to everyone else.
Just sayin...
Anne MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:50 PM   #10

Florida
Thawing Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Do you have to thaw out those cookies Norm. My favorite cookie is chocolate chip, and Mary makes excellent ones. I'll take one out of the freezer, put it in the microwave for 26 seconds, and it comes out just like a fresh baked cookie. I'll have to get her to make some of those lemon nut cookies.
Thawing depends on your age. We had 'coffee guests' yesterday and I put out
some Lemon Nut cookies, thawing them in the microwave. My nephew John came along, our 15 year old giant who can easily lift me off the ground, who had in three days consumed a few dozen of Ginny's chocolate chip coolies grabbed a handful to bring out to his Dad and Uncle. I mentioned he could drop them in the microwave for a few seconds. He looked at me, smiled and went on his way with one in his mouth.

The ocean water here is cold for Ginny and I, for the kids, not so much.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16