Meals on the road - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2003, 10:18 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
On-the-road food

We love a cold pasta salad too. I take fresh minced garlic and onion with basil, olive oil and vinegar. I mix it with corkscrew pasta - really easy to eat and holds up well to the mixing. Then to make it a meal I add either homemade grilled chicken or a box of Tyson or Louis Rich fajita or southwest flavor chicken. I sometimes add fresh veggies such as celery, peppers, tomatoes, corn, broccoli, etc. Combined with a side dish of fruits and you have a really easy and tasty meal.

For breakfast I make my own biscuit sandwiches. I bake bacon and sausage patties, drain and pat off the grease with lots of paper towells and put them into baked Grands refrigerator bicuits. We like to add cheese but I do that when I reheat them since the biscuit and the meat take different amounts of time to reheat.

We try to find as many farmers markets or local specialty shops as possible to get fresh fruits and veggies and meats and cheeses. If we cook we prefer one pan type meals. I take Ziploc bags of my homemade spagetti sauces with uncooked pasta, boxed macaroni and cheese which we add ham, salmon, tuna or veggies into, beef stew, or Italian beef. The beef can be made into sandwiches, quesadillas or shredded onto a bowl of salad greens. I sometimes make pizza from the spagetti sauce and English muffins. And there are always bags of crunchy raw veggies and crackers for a quick and healthy snack.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 01:36 PM   #22

Hi, Debbie. :wave Several good ideas there. I, too, love pasta, hot or cold. Uncooked it's lightweight (unlike canned goods) and keeps a long time. Perfect for a dinner at camp, except the boiling takes a few minutes and a significant amount of water. (When camping I skimp on the amount of water, which sometimes means it sticks together. But hey, we're camping; it's my idea of roughing it!)

:laugh

Anyway, Debbie, welcome to the board. We're glad you found us, especially if/since you like talking about food!

:banana

Old 07-07-2003, 04:56 PM   #23

Someone was complaining about not enough posts

One of my own one pot creations
A hearty Tortellini soup
one can of Swanson garlic season chicken broth rinse can and add 2 cans of water .
bring to a boil add tortelline dry or fresh cook untill it starts to get tender 10 min or so
add a leftovers meat chopped chicken or chopped ham steak
add can of sliced carrots
add a can of diced seasoned tomatoes (garlic and and other season you like )
cook untill tortellini tender about another 5 mins.
salt n pepper to taste
serve with bread and butter
And enjoy

Old 07-17-2003, 10:10 AM   #24

That sounds good and quick. I'm assuming that tortelline is a pasta? I hate being such a food nincompoop.

Old 07-17-2003, 12:59 PM   #25

Jana

Quote:
Orginally posted by Thomas and Janifer

That sounds good and quick. I'm assuming that tortelline is a pasta? I hate being such a food nincompoop.
Tortellini is like round Ravioli.