Pressure Cooker meals - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2008, 10:50 PM   #21

Trailer: 76 Boler
www.recipezaar.com
has a TON of pressure cooker recipes. Just type pressure cooker into the search, and you'll get them all (dinners, desserts, breads, everything).
Tracy & Gaenor Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #22

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I really like the way a pressure cooker makes food taste (alot like a crock pot only way faster) I am still using a pressure cooker that is 65 years old and it does make me a little nervous when it hisses and jiggles so i may consider a new one........ not sure yet.
This following site is nothing but pressure cooker recipes and the majority of the recipes are FREE.
(By the way I made Lima Bean soup which i can't stand for my wife....but when done in the pressure cooker it was really good and now i like it.....Go Figure!)
Joe

http://missvickie.com/recipes/recipeframe.html

and yet another pressure cooker recipe page:
http://www.dianaskitchen.com/page/pressure.htm
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #23

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Pressure cooking while camping saves time for fun, not to mention, propane. When you can "pre soak" the beans in 5 minutes, and cook them in 10 you have saved a lot of propane.

Keep one permanently packed in the trailer.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:36 AM   #24

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Lora and i have had a pressure cooker that regulates the temp. automatically for about 25 years.
it was built by Louis Nye in Oakland/Alameda, for canning (in cans). he is a master at all things
in canning and nutrition.
so we have canned a lot of albacore, salmon, beef, chicken, etc.
we also have 2 or 3 other pressure cookers for use at home and in the trailer. recently we bought
a smaller one for the trailer.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
I have a small camping pressure cooker (REI model) - so far I've used it for rice and old-fashioned steel cut oatmeal. It works great - although it is very small (and not quite as cute as Byron's).
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:07 AM   #26

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Rosemary I inherited a "brand new still in the box" old presto pressure cooker....I have the original cookbook that went with it and would be happy to loan it to you for you to go thru and pick out the reciepes you might want to copy for your own..drop me a quick line if you want me to send it off to you Its about 3 x 5 and has 127 pages ranging from soups, veggies, meats, combination dishes, desserts, steamed breads and even dressings and sauces. I have to add this when I went looking at the reciepes I came across poultry and "game" in it there is a reciepe for squirrel (probley tastes like chicken)..The book is very informative and gives alot of info with time tables for all kinds of food. Brandy
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:11 AM   #27

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
oooooh, bring the recipe book to NOG Brandy.... if you remember. I'd love to look at it and copy some interesting recipes.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:25 AM   #28

Quote:
oooooh, bring the recipe book to NOG Brandy.... if you remember. I'd love to look at it and copy some interesting recipes.
Only if you show me how to use mine I have yet to use it because I didn't want to blow my house up..I have seen my great grandmother use one but other than that I have no experience. I will go make a few copies that way I can pass a few out. Will trade copies for helpful trailer advice or a good beer .
Old 02-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #29

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
The gasket on my very old and handed down pressure cooker died a number of years ago and I couldn't easily get a replacement, so I got rid of it. Now I'm wishing I'd held onto it! I think I might put that 3.5 qt model on my wishlist. Or I might hit freecycle for one.
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:43 PM   #30

Trailer: 1990 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
All this talk of pressure cooker meals made me want to try one!

My family likes to eat well when camping and I don't want to spend so much time doing the cooking.

I bought a stainless steel Fagor 4 quart pressure cooker at Macy's yesterday for $39.99 - 10% off ($4.00), plus it has a $10.00 mail in rebate . . . not too bad of a deal, I think.

Maggie
Maggie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:58 PM   #31

Okay I read the instructions..read them again...then again to make sure I would not blow the house up with an older model presto that I inherited still in the box from my grandma and made the most tender ribs from just thawed pork ribs from my freezer in less than 35 minutes (plus thawing time for ribs) WOW why haven't I been using this befor now...my new favorite kitchen gadget..tonights dinner Lentiles with ham..mmmmm Can't wait to use it camping. Brandy
Old 06-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #32

Finally bought a new pressure cooker! A smaller 3-qt size this time. Saw a recipe for rice pudding in the cookbook and made it the same day. Pretty decent rice pudding and only 25 minutes from dumping ingredients in the pan to dishing hot into a bowl. Next time I'll try my recipe!
Old 06-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #33

Trailer: Trillium 5500
I use my pressure cookers a lot, both at home and camping. Most recipes can be modified for the pressure cooker, once you get the hang of how they work, but i have also picked up few recipe books along the way -- these are two of the best.

http://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Perfect-Twe...2032&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Cooker-Gour...2032&sr=1-3
Janice M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #34

Janice, thanks for the tip! The recipe book that comes with it has all these old recipes, I need some more modern! I've made the rice pudding twice now and I think I have the hang of it. I have pork for BBQ pork in it right now. Usually I put the pork roast in the crockpot, but thought I'd try something different--okay, truthfully, I forgot to take the pork out of the freezer last night to thaw! Oh, and I guess I have a 4-qt, not a 3-qt.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #35

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail....D=1227631540653

for $54 Canadian, I'll give it a go. for those that don't have an MEC membership... it's $5 for a lifetime. this is a member owned store that generally offers better quality camping gear.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #36

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Quote:
http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail....D=1227631540653

for $54 Canadian, I'll give it a go. for those that don't have an MEC membership... it's $5 for a lifetime. this is a member owned store that generally offers better quality camping gear.
We just put it on our list of things we'd like for Christmas and it looks like the mother-in-law may buy it for us!
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #37

Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Hi,
Several months ago I purchased my pressure cooker, and began looking for interesting recipes. My favorite author so far is Lorna Sass. He recipes are really yummy, and just alittle different than most.
Check them out!
Marjie
Rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #38

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
Canadian Tire has a 5.5 litre cooker on for $24.99. and a larger one for 37.99
I got one on Friday and have already used it twice. love it, made stew that was melt-in-your-mouh
and a potroast last night that the family devoured. I may get another to
take to the lake.

Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote